Clones. lots and lots of questions

How many clones can you have at once?
If a single skill use hits 3 enemies... where is the clone spawned?
Do trigger gems work for the clone?
Can clones summon minions?
Are clones considered 'minions'?
Does the clone have all your passives and gear?
For years i searched for deep truths. A thousand revelations. At the very edge...the ability to think itself dissolves away.Thinking in human language is the problem. Any separation from 'the whole truth' is incomplete.My incomplete concepts may add to your 'whole truth', accept it or think about it
The clone is a minion that uses your bow and quiver.

Patch note says that.
Last edited by ChrisXiaolong on Dec 12, 2014, 3:49:01 AM
So iv tested mirror arrow out for a few hours:

There appears to be no limit to the number of clones you can have at once.
Cast on death in your bow doesnt trigger when your clone dies.
There is a 3 second or so cool-down to the skill, and its base duration is 3 seconds.
Trap allows you to summon 3 consecutive clones right away as the trap cool-down overwrites mirror.
Trap + multi trap looks quite strong.
Clones have all the buffs and debuffs that you have at the time of summoning.
Ranged totem + mirror does indeed work.

Herald of thunder may be insanely good in some circumstances before you drop down 9 clones. Testing it now.
For years i searched for deep truths. A thousand revelations. At the very edge...the ability to think itself dissolves away.Thinking in human language is the problem. Any separation from 'the whole truth' is incomplete.My incomplete concepts may add to your 'whole truth', accept it or think about it
Holy nuts, trying that out immediatly
To Do List:
-Add Better Minion Supports
-Add More Permanent Minions
GoreFleshSummoner | Low Life Zombie n' Specter Summoner
Summoner Gear: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1633760
New build idea: Multi Trap Mirror Arrow with Animated Guardian (With that new Haku mod and all) Someone please try it
To Do List:
-Add Better Minion Supports
-Add More Permanent Minions
GoreFleshSummoner | Low Life Zombie n' Specter Summoner
Summoner Gear: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1633760
I was playing around with RAT + Blink/Mirror totem on alpha and man... it's something.
I don't know what, but it's definitely got something possibly viable going on.

Hadn't thought of traps. That's fantastic.

I left off trying to take Minion passives and it wasn't working out great, but fuck it, this is the kind of crazy theorycrafting that I live for nowadays. :)

---

EDIT: Clones are minions that use your bow+quiver to determine their base damage/aspd/crit chance.

---

EDIT2: Flesh Offering can be very useful.

---

EDIT3: If I'm not mistaken, you should be able to have a Blink+Trap+Multi and a Mirror+Trap+Multi on different linkages which have different cooldowns (since they're different skills). That a potential 18 clones on demand.
Last edited by pneuma on Dec 13, 2014, 4:47:35 AM
POE: Attack of the Clones?
Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam
Holy batman ... traps too ? they benefit minion nodes , use your damage (rings with +fire and clones get that fire damage too) . GMP/LMP also work...
After further testing:

Molten shell does NOT copy onto the clone.
Herald of thunder doesnt seem to proc on clones. Although they have the electrical visual indicating they are affected by it.
Clones have a much slower attack speed than the player. Im guessing its a bug. Equiping a quill rain the clones still only seem to have about 1.4 or so attack speed. The base attack speed of quill is 3!

Chin Sol seems to be the defacto mirror bow.

Last edited by SkyCore on Dec 13, 2014, 5:55:07 AM
ooooohkay you got me interested. all that needs to be verified now is if it deals enough damage.
Better stay in the land of the damned, Exile. Here, even the very words are corrupted by Nightmare.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info