Clones. lots and lots of questions

But dont cry if they nerf it, ok?^^
I wonder if the attack speed is bugged. It dosn't benefit even from bow IAS and faster attacks are somewhat funky - without FA 6-7 attacks and with 50% FA just 8 attacks per duration i was testing with :S

Also while they benefit from +damage on gear they don't from attack speed nor passives so i assume it's just another minion build thing that rather then using set base damage values use your bow/gear for that.

If you felt that your raging spirit build could use some extra dps now you can just use bow and thow some multitrap clones -_-'
Overall its a fun skill when you multi-trap it. Not exceptionally OP, but not bad either. Its a solid dps increase to either minion masters or a bow user when used as a supplementary skill.

Its long initial cast time just destroys any chance of it being useful without trapping. And its meager 3 second duration pretty much relegates it to builds specifically built for it.

In short, utterly worthless without multi-trapping it.
For years i searched for deep truths. A thousand revelations. At the very edge...the ability to think itself dissolves away.Thinking in human language is the problem. Any separation from 'the whole truth' is incomplete.My incomplete concepts may add to your 'whole truth', accept it or think about it
Last edited by SkyCore on Dec 14, 2014, 10:46:57 AM
Yeah, about time Chin Sol gets some glory.
POE is a constantly evolving game, so expect balance changes, buffs and nerfs STILL!
Ok.

I just made a Clonemonger and got him to level 52 in Torment and I have found out some serious shit. I'll probably take the character to maps and then write up a full build guide for BotW.

---

Clones are definitely minions. Minion damage on the tree is great, and Minion Instability is super great. Both skill effect duration clusters are pretty much required, to bring them up to 5.7s duration.

Trap/Multitrap is necessary to get large numbers of them out as SkyCore found.

LMP/GMP does work with them, despite the gem not being a Projectile gem. The minions it summons use your bow and shoot projectiles, and it does affect them. (Blink/Mirror) + Trap + Multi + LMP is the standard 4L, and you want both those linkages.

Clones have "75% more damage". This means any auras you affect them with are 1.75x normal strength. Highly recommend running at least Wrath+Anger+Generosity to give them sexy auras.

Clones have their own base attack speed and do not use your bow to determine this. I can only assume this is a bug. (!)

There's a ton of confusion generated due to their "visual trickery". They look like they have all of your buffs/debuffs, but they in fact do not. You have to give them auras with aura radius, and they do not get the benefits of HoI or HoT. They also have a hidden "true" hp amount and their visible hp bar is based off of yours (so as to provide trickery during PvP).

---

This is a really fun build.
"
pneuma wrote:
Ok.

I just made a Clonemonger and got him to level 52 in Torment and I have found out some serious shit. I'll probably take the character to maps and then write up a full build guide for BotW.

---

Clones are definitely minions. Minion damage on the tree is great, and Minion Instability is super great. Both skill effect duration clusters are pretty much required, to bring them up to 5.7s duration.

Trap/Multitrap is necessary to get large numbers of them out as SkyCore found.

LMP/GMP does work with them, despite the gem not being a Projectile gem. The minions it summons use your bow and shoot projectiles, and it does affect them. (Blink/Mirror) + Trap + Multi + LMP is the standard 4L, and you want both those linkages.

Clones have "75% more damage". This means any auras you affect them with are 1.75x normal strength. Highly recommend running at least Wrath+Anger+Generosity to give them sexy auras.

Clones have their own base attack speed and do not use your bow to determine this. I can only assume this is a bug. (!)

There's a ton of confusion generated due to their "visual trickery". They look like they have all of your buffs/debuffs, but they in fact do not. You have to give them auras with aura radius, and they do not get the benefits of HoI or HoT. They also have a hidden "true" hp amount and their visible hp bar is based off of yours (so as to provide trickery during PvP).

---

This is a really fun build.

Before i knew anything about how it would work i used the respec on my one week poison arrow trapper. Came up with this:

If i could do it over again i wouldnt bother with the elemental passives.

Whats yours look like?
For years i searched for deep truths. A thousand revelations. At the very edge...the ability to think itself dissolves away.Thinking in human language is the problem. Any separation from 'the whole truth' is incomplete.My incomplete concepts may add to your 'whole truth', accept it or think about it
So basically it would ultimately work better in a standard auramancer tree + duration nodes, then you need to stack dex to use a bow and the traps? interesting. they're only affected by minion nodes, right? so it's kind of pointless to invest in bow-related stuffs. you could probably invest in zombies too, since they're already beside the minion nodes anyways.

I'm curious as to what convocation would do lol.

another is that WED will probably affect the copies (they use your WEAPON after all), bringing into question if Chin Sol or an Ele Thicket or something else should be a good bow. PPAD could also be used if you want physical scaling. Lioneye's could use that.

Here's what will probably be my setup the moment I... erm, finish my other stuff:

helm: Alpha's - Wrath - Anger - Haste - RM (I could debate using Generosity substituting haste if you don't want to deal damage yourself. personal preference)

Bow: Trap - Multi - Blink Arrow - WED/PPAD - LMP - (Added X damage? Chain? wut)

Chest- Zombies - Minion Life - Minion Damage - Multistrike - Splash

Boots: Deerstalkers - Multitrap - Mirror Arrow - WED/PPAD - LMP

Gloves: Utility gems? Curses, another blink arrow for movement?

Belt: Sunblast.

No idea for quiver. Either go with a high damage quiver or a utility one like Rearguard or that new quiver.

Poorly built tree.

Better stay in the land of the damned, Exile. Here, even the very words are corrupted by Nightmare.
"
SkyCore wrote:
Whats yours look like?

Tree at 88 points.
That's: MI, one good minion cluster, both duration clusters, all the easy mana reserved reduction, and the rest a bunch of life.

Tree at 106 points takes it up to 209% increased life if needed.

I can probably optimize the tree a little bit, it was hectic putting it together while testing stuff. The starting class is kinda questionable, but no other seems better.

---

Yeah, I think the next best move is incorporating more summons into the build. I mean, it's at its core a summoner build. There's two more really good minion clusters right nearby that I could take. I really don't need 200% life -- the build sits behind a dozen clones of itself and rarely gets damaged.

I don't think it's worth trying to get the "main clone" to do anything. Just summon. There's no room to invest in bow damage or aspd or anything, and no time to be attacking. Just lots and lots of summoning. I can Flesh Offering, Raise Zombie, Convocation, etc. to use up my time. Maybe even a RoA + CoH + Curses link to curse for them.

Need to get a Sunblast. It should be awesome for the build.

---

EDIT: Yeah, both your trees are very similar to mine as well. Something like that.
Last edited by pneuma on Dec 14, 2014, 1:43:53 PM
Minion damage linked with your clones seems pretty damn solid.
WED absolutely.
Trap
Multi trap
Mirror arrow
Point blank/or lmp/chain/gmp

With Chin sol you get 100% more damage + 75% more damage from the clone + 50% more damage from point blank. Getting some solid 90% basic increased damage from minion damage support gets multiplied through the roof.
"
SkyCore wrote:
Minion damage linked with your clones seems pretty damn solid.
WED absolutely.
Trap
Multi trap
Mirror arrow
Point blank/or lmp/chain/gmp

With Chin sol you get 100% more damage + 75% more damage from the clone + 50% more damage from point blank. Getting some solid 90% basic increased damage from minion damage support gets multiplied through the roof.

My minions aren't standing in point blank too often. I mean, when they spawn in they're at point blank, but I keep them alive between packs and they do most of their damage shooting into the next pack. MI covers my "point blank" weaknesses handily.

LMP/GMP is a necessity. Big mob piles will fuck you over if you only have like 12 minions shooting single target. Could probably do one linkage on LMP and one on GMP since both on GMP seems a bit wasteful.

I would say: Blink/Mirror + Trap + Multi + LMP + Minion Damage + WED in a 6L in that order for best results.

---

EDIT: Regarding bow/quiver choice, damage damage damage. There's something screwy with passive item effects, I'm not sure if something like Rearguard's block would actually translate to them. Regardless, the minions are pretty tanky already. They just need damage.
Last edited by pneuma on Dec 14, 2014, 2:07:34 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info