1.3.0 Patch Notes

I love this patch, but wow, such QQ everywhere... it seems to me that a lot of players miss the point of the game. It's about the struggle, not the easy faceroll with a build you ripped off of an elite player. Elite isn't in playing the build, it's in creating it. These nerfs were desperately needed for the longevity of the economy. Too many players were easily facerolling endgame content. Reeling in the BiS uniques and the obviously over-powered metas gives other items and strategies a competing chance, which will grow build diversity. It makes experimenting worthwhile, since it is now viable alongside the already-proven solutions to the game. Good far-sight, GGG!
You would think that GGG would learn from Blizzards mistakes and WoW. A lot of players left WoW because Blizzard started changing a lot of items around due to PVP. PVE players could give zero fucks about PvP. PvE and PVP players could give zero fucks about PvP. It is only the players that play nothing but PvP that care.

I also do not read a dam thing about Desync being worked on. Again. Why the hell would I want to touch PoE if I am going to die constantly and end up running in a wall even with /oos macroed?

Just. Gawd damit. Disappointing as hell. I guess since GGG has my many they only care about bringing in new players. Good luck with that shit if your going to keep Dysncing the same.
IGN JimansNotSummoner
YOU ARE... BEST :D ... nice balance :)) probably best patch so far, and i dont care that my build will be totaly useless :p
IGN: UbogiMurarz
Chris, I LOVE the nerfs, but you can't nerf all this stuff and not nerf flameblast/fire trap/tornado shot. Everybody and their dog will be spamming these builds if you don't.

I really want players to actually scratch their heads and come up with new builds. Nerf these last things and they will ACTUALLY do that.
Hardcore
Last edited by Zaorish_9 on Dec 11, 2014, 11:52:44 PM
Anything else REDUCED?...... -_- bad patch very bad
Your tears are all delicious.

I'm actually pretty excited; hopefully this patch will be the end of the 'Everything's Better with Crit' mantra that's dominated build options for far too long, and the counterattack skills might give melee more viability than people give them credit for.

Also, Marylene's buff HYYYYYYPE
I really like these patch notes, I agree with everything they suggested. I predicted 25% mitigation for Cloak and Coil but 30% is still very, very good. The changes make sense based on what happened in PvE until now, I don't think what's happened is because of PvP influence. I thought CwDT+EC+IC would get affected too, that's still an awesome option for completely ignoring stacking armour.

Can't wait to get started, and gutted I am going out this weekend and I'll be 2 days behind the curve when I can start in Bloodlines!
How bad is the cast on critical strike nerf? I wanted to try a CoC build this new league with barrage.

I generally like the changes though. Especially immortal flesh and the removal of hybrid crafting.

Can't wait for some PvP.
Last edited by Hybrid897 on Dec 11, 2014, 11:53:56 PM
"
TherosPherae wrote:
I'm actually pretty excited; hopefully this patch will be the end of the 'Everything's Better with Crit' mantra that's dominated build options for far too long, and the counterattack skills might give melee more viability than people give them credit for.

This. Also, thumbs up for semi-colons.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
Last edited by Serleth on Dec 11, 2014, 11:55:25 PM
Why no nerf for Mjolner? its too strong and insane laggy.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info