[2.0] ✮ MrKasor's Tri-Curse Elemental Bow Ranger ✮ [HC] High Damage Crit MFer

'Nado Shot isn't being touched.

So I assume this build is still green-lighted.
I have even looked at this tree section with the new additions and it could be promising since Celestial punishment looks real nice with even a taming to add an extra 5% along with an additional 10 percent making it a total of 40% damage if frozen/shocked or ignited . May be fun to play around with yet as someone early on posted attack speed is so important to end game. This area of the tree should be interesting and maybe worthy of consideration yet having only around 30% chance to evade and losing attack speed from other options may be a little squishy yet I think I will play around with this on the free re-spec to test vs my more non squishy and higher attack speed version away from this area. With the increased critical damage gem nerf the real issue is going to be getting end game map boss content down to see if this part of the tree really can shine. I am unsure yet should be fun to test and if you need more attack speed you can always drop herald of thunder and grab and use rats nest to test out a few of the issues if they do become relevant.
Last edited by NewbieDOTcom on Dec 12, 2014, 3:00:12 PM
Has anybody tried that templar path and can share some thoughts?
Lvl 39 in torment with this build, so far so good. very fun once crit is established. Real test will come when i hit merc i'd assume.
Mr Kasor I'm lv 47 in bloodlines following your build and I got some things I need to say. Going all the way to Templar side for that massive dps and other utility is worth while, but a lot of crap nodes need to be used to get there which yea leaves a lack of evasion but as well accuracy. I'm running iceshot with herald of ash/ice no thunder yet and with pierce and wep ele dmg. Prismweave the new belt really kicks the dps up. I think grace is mandatory. Hit me up if you're in bloodlines
So I changed the tree slightly after playing this a bit. Pretty Busy with work and Holidays this week but the break is coming so will update regularly.
[3.2] ✮ MrBones Wild Ride Dancing Dervish Melee Skeleton Summoner ✮ [400%+ Movement Speed]
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2094226
Alright time to read
"
Mr Kasor I'm lv 47 in bloodlines following your build and I got some things I need to say. Going all the way to Templar side for that massive dps and other utility is worth while, but a lot of crap nodes need to be used to get there which yea leaves a lack of evasion but as well accuracy. I'm running iceshot with herald of ash/ice no thunder yet and with pierce and wep ele dmg. Prismweave the new belt really kicks the dps up. I think grace is mandatory. Hit me up if you're in bloodlines

Ok, So this is more of a torment build but I'm actually going to put a fully hardcore version because I don't want to leave my bro's out and I feel after playing it a bit its great. Also yes its a long trek but once you're there the nodes are very efficient. Grace is a must for hardcore. Glad you are taking your own spin with ice shot.

"
no thunder yet

Since you bring this up ranger doesn't get thunder but oh is it worth it. In hardcore run HoT with curse on hit and Enfeeble for more survivability. In softcore poachers mark if you need more attack speed or elemental weakness.

"
NewbieDOTcom

Long section wont rehash but will reply! Attack Speed is very important any bow with 1.5 will do. you'll see in game it just feels better. Herald of Thunder is key though very good with curse on hit would recommend see above. Good Idea's all around let the people know how your testing goes.

"
interested in an elemental bow build but I heard they are nerfing TS. what would you do if they nerfed it? how about using the lightning attack bow gem?

Tornado shot wasn't nurfed. But if it was it would still be great, but for arguments sake personally I enjoy ice/fire/lightning archer skills. Would mean you would need high physical DPS on the bow as well now though.

"
Lvl 39 in torment with this build, so far so good. very fun once crit is established. Real test will come when i hit merc i'd assume.

Yeah basically once you get voll's this build takes off and tornado shot crushes make sure your bow has elemental damage and high base attack speed and you will level fast. right now I'm using Voll's and Deaths Harp with HoT/curse on hit/poachers mark and getting all the charges. Feeling Squishy though never skimp on health gear like I did for testing. Running blue gear mostly in Merc means random deaths from negative resists. Watch out for puncture!
[3.2] ✮ MrBones Wild Ride Dancing Dervish Melee Skeleton Summoner ✮ [400%+ Movement Speed]
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2094226
Ive lost 4 lv 40-50 so far, due to me learning new things about the league, bloodlines is not noob friendly. Now do you only use herald of ice and thunder or can you use ash as well. I know that if you use all 3 and use ele prolif, it seems only the ice one spreads so ash and ice don't stack. Could possibly discard the ice one but herald of ash scaled more with physical dmg and not ele. I'm only stumped on this part otherwise I got the general idea now down and set.
I've been experimenting with this build for a while now. I'm level 74.

---My item thresholds are as follows

--6S5L Volls
-Tornado Shot
-GMP
-Blood Magic
-Life Steal
-Weapon Elemental Damage
-(if 6L then last slot would be crit damage)

--Deaths Harp Bow (6s)

---Auras

I'm running anger, herald of ice, and herald of thunder/poachers

I currently have no talent points allotted to reduced reserve mana because I do not yet have Alpha's Cowl. Once I obtain this, I will take the reduced reserve mana between ranger and shadow. Then I will run anger, wrath, herald of ice, and herald of thunder/poachers.

My next major item purchase will be Alpha's Cowl because it's cheaper than windripper, and it will likely provide at least a 20% DPS increase by allowing me to run wrath along side my other auras.

After that, I will be either going windripper or 6L voll's. It's tough to decide what to get first, and I'm not sure.

--My Cast When Damage Taken combo is
-Temporal Chains (I feel this is best for evasion characters)
-Decoy Totem (great for evasion)
-Summon Skeletons (also great for evasion)

I also run a Faster Projectiles/Blink Arrow/Mirror Arrow for more active defensive, and preparation for opening tough boxes, and to kite bosses.

----My opinions on the build

I think this is a fairly solid build, due to the fact that the build outputs a lot of small elemental crits with a tiny amount of physical damage, this works well vs any reflect mob. The only problems I am having are vs Corrupting Blood mobs, which is to be expected. However when I get Vaal Pact, as long as I am firing Tornado Shot into groups of enemies, and using a potion, I should be able to survive most Corrupting Blood mobs.

While this build doesn't deal the most possible DPS in a build, it's very beginner friendly for a wide variety of builds, and it's fairly cheap to make.

The BEST part of this build IMO is that it can so easily transition into a reasonably strong IIR/IIQ build. Simply by turning Tornado Shot into Tornado Cull + IIR, you have a huge amount of options for adding in IIR and IIQ, making it very group friendly.

Below is my CURRENT build that I've been using. It's reasonable effective.

https://www.poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgIAAF4FtQguCpsVIBmOGbQaOCF2JP0nLylPKk0s6TBxMHwx-jWSOdQ6QjwtPydG10rIS3hM_1FHUUxW-lcpV-Jbr2jybWxuqm-eb_JxhXb3dwd313fleOt9W38rgpuDCYV9hs6HE42_kAqQVZuNnKSgn6IArEevbK_rsUK1SLXytz6-p8AawTPGrspKytPTftQj1orYvd0N3ajhc-cK51TndOjW6xTsOO0g7YPvevAf8xHz6vzF_gr_3g==

Below is my ESTIMATED LEVEL 80 BUILD assuming I get Alpha's Cowl. This build gets 5 Power Charges, and 5 Frenzy Charges. Once this build is done, I would spend the next 2 points on Vaal Pact, then Heart of Oak/Weathered Hunter and other survivability talents.

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgIAAF4FtQguCpsVIBmOGjghdiT9Jy8pTypNLOkwcTB8Mfo1kjnUOkI8LT8nRtdKyEt4TP9RR1FMVvpXKVfiW69o8m1sbqpvnm_ycYV293cHd9d35XjrfVt_K4KbgwmFfYbOhxONv5BVm42cpKCfogCsR69sr-uxQrVItfK3PsAawTPGrspK037UI9aK2L3dDd2o4XPnCudU53To1uw47SDtg-968B_zEfPq_MX-Cv_eKgtwUqXLPs-95iLqm7UZivsJGo_22g==

Thanks for reading, and thanks for the build MrKasor.

Post Edit:

Surgeon's Jade Flask of Reflexes is amazing.
Last edited by Jewnami on Dec 18, 2014, 11:22:36 PM
Hi

I managed to make my way to lvl 81 in Bloodlines league using this build and im loving it. I figured I would give myself a challenge this time around :)

I am no looking for tips or if someone could spot any flaws in my setup before I step into the higher maps. So far ive been doin maps up to lvl 70.

Here is my gear

Spoiler

Ive been running Wrath-Anger-Herald of Ice. I have focused on dmg and crit as I feel my biggest defense is critting so I knock mobs away and hopefully one shot them. I went with Lightning coil and power orb on crit for mitigation and crit(pushback)

Should i swap one of my aura for grace and give up a chuck of damage or stay like this? Im trying to avoid insta death from physical damage when it's not evaded etc. Dont really know where to go from here and how to set myself up for higher map challanges etc.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info