[2.0] ✮ MrKasor's Tri-Curse Elemental Bow Ranger ✮ [HC] High Damage Crit MFer

Basic Summary of the Build

Difficulty: Easy
Cost: Expensive
Safety: ✮✮✮✮

Disclaimer: I'm currently working on bringing this build up the quality of my other builds for 2.0.

So basically you use flat Elemental Damage with Critical Strikes and Attack Speed. Use Herald of Ice/Thunder to Curse on hit and Generate All Charges and Blood Magic Gem to allow you to reserve all your Mana. Defense is high Health, Evasion, Enfeeble, and cast on damage taken Immortal Call. Using 3 to 4 Curses you then get a lot of damage from Doedre's Scorn. This Build has a lot of IIR so it's a good first build in a new league.
-Critical Damage
-Charges
-Curses
-IIR
-Elemental Auras
-Good First Build
-Lots of Health
-Lots of Damage
-Cheap to start
-No Mana Problems
Cons
-Can't run Blood Magic Maps
-Reflect
C: All (Skill Point)
M: Blue (+1 Power Charge)
60 Points
80 Points
100 Points
121 Points

Bow: Tornado/Ice Shot + Blood Magic + Pierce + GMP/LMP + Weapon Elemental Damage + Life Leech (RRRGGG)

Boots: Anger + Increased Duration + Vaal Grace + Vaal Haste (GGRR)

Helm: Ice Golem + Blink Arrow + Blood Magic + Enfeeble (RBGG)

Gloves: CWDT + Increased Duration + IC + Phase Run (RRRG)

Skill Binds
Left Click: Move
Right Click: Main Attack
Middle Click: Blink Arrow
1: Enfeeble
2: Vaal Grace
3: Vaal Haste
4: Ice Golem
4: Anger + Herald of Lightning + Herald of Ice
Bow:
Windripper
IIR/IIQ
~or~
Rare Thicket Bow (Corrupeted Power Charge, Culling, or Extra Arrow)
Prefix
-Added Cold
-Added Fire
-Added Lightning

Suffix
-Attack Speed
-Crit Chance
-Crit Multiplier

~or~
Death's Harp
Good Leveling Unique

Quiver:
Drillneck
Obviously just get it allows you to use the pierce gem for more damage and pierce.

Rings:
Doedre's Damning
3rd Curse
~And~
Andvarius
IIR Ring

Amulet:
Rare Amulet (Corrupted with Extra Curse)
Prefix
-Life
-Increased Elemental Damage
-Rarity

Suffix
-Rarity
-Resist
-Resist

Belt:
Rare Health Belt
Prefix
-Life
-Increased Elemental Damage
-Flask Life Recovery rate

Suffix
-Resist
-Resist
-Resist/reduced Flask Charges used

Body:
The Restless Ward
Allows you to keep charges longer

Helm:
Doedre's Scorn
Increased Damage By a Lot.

Gloves:
Aurseize
IIR Armour Gloves

Boots:
Atziri's Step
Gets that Spell Dodge Up

Jewels:
4 Rare Dex Jewels
Prefix
-Life
-Bow Attack Speed
Suffix
-All Resists
-Crit Multipler
Feel Free to Comment or Point out problems with the Build to further it's progression.

FAQ: Video's are coming in September when I move back to Ottawa and my Ping isn't 1000.

Change Log
18/07/2015:
-Revamped Build to Match Quality Standards
-Added Curses Poachers/Assassins/Warlords Marks
-Removed Wrath
-Revamped Gear Section
-Added Ice Golem
-Now Generates long Duration Charges on Kill
-Added lots of IIR
-Added CWDT

[3.2] ✮ MrBones Wild Ride Dancing Dervish Melee Skeleton Summoner ✮ [400%+ Movement Speed]
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2094226
Last edited by MrKasor on Aug 9, 2015, 6:46:28 PM
Hi MrKasor, thanks for sharing. I did also my tree in the meantine, before I even saw yours. It's like for like almost, but I think mine has better synergy, especially having played a lot as a ranger with elemental bow dmg.

120 points spent with Acuity (as much elem dmg as we can get I think with Acrobatics + Phase Acrobatics):
https://www.poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgIAm40ILu2DGY4AXtN-fXX-uu965wp46wqb_MVKfYd2Z6Bbr90NwTOGziF2oJ9v8jnUd9dW-jH6dvd_K9aKBbWNv1FHMHzUI-jWbWzndLVIKgvz6nDVidNwUgYjH0EWvwMeVUth4iaVjDb_k7CSLOkqTRUgtfJuqkrIPye3Pv4K2L01kjwtxq5o8q9sTP-iAPAfGF087-FzgpvtIHflV-LsOJBVJy_AGho4cYWxQvMRRtdXKWaeFkD60oCkVdZk5xcvrEd9W8pKUUxvnncHhxOcpIMJ_94k_edUTZIj9o19r-sRgd1GY6c6Qkt43agwcYV9

My reasoning:
* APS really matters
* True Strike gives +75 cirtical chance and build is all about CC (+ great nodes on the way to it)
* Heart of Oak is a must to defend against stun

Without Acuity go VP and take Berserker as must have, drop IAS nodes near shadow and probably Forces of Nature/Harrier.
Last edited by ojejku on Dec 8, 2014, 12:18:22 PM
"
Hi MrKasor, thanks for sharing. I did also my tree in the meantine, before I even saw yours. It's like for like almost, but I think mine has better synergy, especially having played a lot as a ranger with elemental bow dmg.

Firstly thanks for the comment! :D I get your reasoning and if you have an Acuity go for it. Sadly in any league other than Standard, Acuity is a pipe dream for the average player. So I take assume most people will never not use Vaal Pact.

Personally, I wanted to try out the new Storm Weaver passive with Windripper, Herald of Thunder/Ice and Wrath. Although True Strike was a tempting thing pass up it only gives 8% increased Multiplier with 75% Crit Chance and 10% Attack speed for 7 points. Where as my path for Storm Weaver allows for 20% increased life 20% increased chaos resist and 43% increased lightning damage and 33% increased cold damage for 8 points. Personally if I needed more crit strike I'd path to the right side power charge as Voll's Protector provides a reliable charge generator and its only 3 points away, plus 20 int which the build lacks.

Secondly, Acrobatics and Ondar's paired with King of the Hill's knockback allows for a good amount of evasion which would help against attack based stuns. As for spell based stuns. In a Hardcore league I would probably drop 40% crit off the shadow side for Heart of Oak just to be safe as damage doesn't matter if you're dead.

Basically I usually play Hardcore and have grown a little dude on my shoulder who smacks me if I try to pick up pure damage over defense. Also I usually play with a friend or two Hardcore and we tend to be very rough on character deaths. So the weaver just makes sense to me and attack speed can be gained by someone running the aura Haste. And with Vaal Pact I dislike Heart of Oak for its life regain and as I'm planning on playing this in Torment league, I'm fine with getting stunned here and there. Though honestly it's a great node.

EDIT: Added Heart of Oak as the tree changed and there was points left over.
[3.2] ✮ MrBones Wild Ride Dancing Dervish Melee Skeleton Summoner ✮ [400%+ Movement Speed]
Last edited by MrKasor on Dec 18, 2014, 1:29:41 AM
Hey Buddy.

First i let you know, im a noob. Not a total noob, but im from germany and dont understand everything. dont get me wrong i understand all skills and stuff like that but in german, this game would be easier for me.

i always play poe when a new league starts for 2-4 months. its really good fun.

i will try your guide but i have a few, maybne for you noob questions.

1. must my bow have eledmg?
2. all my other gear, must i have eledmg or %eledmg?
3. why not chain?
4. why you take vaal pact so late in the game?
5. what for masters should i take?

any other good tips for me?

and sorry for my englisch dude :/
Last edited by Saufkopp on Dec 8, 2014, 3:55:45 PM
First, Hey Buddy!

Always down to help.

"
1. must my bow have eledmg?

If its a Rare or Blue most important things are Ele Damage and Crit
Otherwise use the unique Death's Harp as a place holder lots of Crit an extra arrow and let the aura's Anger and Wrath plus Herald of Thunder/Ice Add the Eledmg.

"
2. all my other gear, must i have eledmg or %eledmg?

I would suggest Eledmg and Crit on rings, quivers, amulets and belts

"
3. why not chain?

I use tornado shot which doesn't use chain but you can use chain if you wish for ice shot or anything like that.
"

4. why you take vaal pact so late in the game?

Chances are you wont be one hitting yourself with reflect or even have good enough gear to till late game.

"
5. what for masters should i take?

Tora, Haku, Zana and the finally Whoever.
Tora for Bows.
Haku for increased weapon ele on boots, helm and chest.
"

any other good tips for me?

Uhhh I don't know it's mostly in the guide. Wouldn't trust evasion in hardcore.
Thanky you very much buddy! Cant wait to start leveling new in the upcoming ladder. (non HC)
redacted for stupidity
Last edited by Jewnami on Dec 9, 2014, 2:09:50 PM
What's so stupid about it? Is it actually a good theory or not?
interested in an elemental bow build but I heard they are nerfing TS. what would you do if they nerfed it? how about using the lightning attack bow gem?
Very Simple, use Lightning/ice/split shot with that new lightning support gem.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info