Crit requires:
- getting a high base crit chance weapon
- accuracy on gear
- accuracy on tree
- chasing crit chance node all over the tree
- crit multi on the tree
- crit chance on gear
- crit multi on gear

What do you think should deal more damage?

Stop acting like going crit is hard. Being on the right side of the tree gives you enough dex for accuracy to not really be a problem. Pick up a dagger and some crit nodes and you're done.
"
Telzen wrote:
"
toyotatundra wrote:
Resolute Technique requires:
- taking 1 passive node.

Crit requires:
- getting a high base crit chance weapon
- accuracy on gear
- accuracy on tree
- chasing crit chance node all over the tree
- crit multi on the tree
- crit chance on gear
- crit multi on gear

What do you think should deal more damage?

Stop acting like going crit is hard. Being on the right side of the tree gives you enough dex for accuracy to not really be a problem. Pick up a dagger and some crit nodes and you're done.

Go crit and stop whining then.

Oh I'm sorry what was that?
It's too expensive?
Huh.
It's funny how people defend crit with "it's hard to itemize for it", when in reality it's not.

My shadow has 0 accuracy on gear and has 86% chance to hit on lvl 87.
And he had to pick 6 accuracy nodes that come with crit anyway to achieve this, so no loss whatsoever and all the accuracy is from dexterity. It might as well be 100% chance to hit, i never notice a miss anyway.
[2.2] The Vampire - Tanky 2H Axe Slayer Duelist - /view-thread/1611662
Last edited by Mannoth on Dec 7, 2014, 4:37:56 AM
"
Mannoth wrote:
It's funny how people defend crit with "it's hard to itemize for it", when in reality it's not.

My shadow has 0 accuracy on gear and has 86% chance to hit on lvl 87.
And he had to pick 6 accuracy nodes that come with crit anyway to achieve this, so no loss whatsoever and all the accuracy is from dexterity. It might as well be 100% chance to hit, i never notice a miss anyway.

I don't know how you don't notice it when that's super low chance to hit. With that chance to hit when you crit, you have a 74% for a hit to not miss and crit. How you dont notice that is beyond me.
It's 86% chance to hit a monster of level 87.
Those monsters don't exists.
Versus a level 78 monster it's closer to 90-92%.

Stacking more accuracy will only make you more vulnerable to reflect and give tooltip dps.
[2.2] The Vampire - Tanky 2H Axe Slayer Duelist - /view-thread/1611662
Last edited by Mannoth on Dec 7, 2014, 4:54:39 AM
building crit is expensiver...

You guys know there is mirror service for RT swords as there is for daggers, and as such those are set price by the mirror servicer. If crit dagger is twice as costy is because u paid for it, so u overpriced urselves 8P

Other than that it is obvious that RT shouldnt have same dmg than crit build, in exchange RTshould get more armor-evasion-hp-es and such, too bad you can have maxed resis gear, HP or ES on every gear piece AND crit.

Guess something like Calm Mind from azure (bonus dmg for each kill as long as you dont strikethrough / crit) would be crazy? as a gear bonus i mean. +1 calm +1 calm duration? (base 10s as a charge)
"
Mannoth wrote:
It's 86% chance to hit a monster of level 87.
Those monsters don't exists.
Versus a level 78 monster it's closer to 90-92%.

Stacking more accuracy will only make you more vulnerable to reflect and give tooltip dps.

The tooltip should refer to lv80 monsters, given that it is the uber atziri map. Not to 87 monsters. Unless GGG changed tooltip policy, it refers either to 78,79 or 80.
This message was delivered by GGG defence force.
There is no reason whatsoever that RT should be gimped in comparison to "traditional" critical damage builds. None at all.

People want diversity so badly. Yet they always say "but this shouldn't be any good, the only way to do damage should be this"

If you want build diversity then you provide multiple paths to the same goal. RT could be one of those paths. Instead it gets relegated to joke status, and since everyone here seems to think that "diversity" means "Have one build for every character" that won't change.
IGN - PlutoChthon, Talvathir
Last edited by Autocthon on Dec 7, 2014, 8:23:29 AM
"
Autocthon wrote:
There is no reason whatsoever that RT should be gimped in comparison to "traditional" critical damage builds. None at all.

People want diversity so badly. Yet they always say "but this shouldn't be any good, the only way to do damage should be this"

If you want build diversity then you provide multiple paths to the same goal. RT could be one of those paths. Instead it gets relegated to joke status, and since everyone here seems to think that "diversity" means "Have one build for every character" that won't change.

RT should have far higher survivability than Critical strikes, but lower damage. I think the idea of letting the RT node reduce the damage taken from critical strikes, is an excellent idea.
This message was delivered by GGG defence force.
Last edited by mazul on Dec 7, 2014, 8:39:27 AM
RT needs one thing badly ... the ability to evade your reflected attacks.. that's all in my opinion.
Tho taking less damage from crits sounds like a good idea as well
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Last edited by KorgothBG on Dec 7, 2014, 9:01:07 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info