RT will never be as much damage as crit

with the current and foreseeable game mechanics, so stop comparing them as if RT and Crit build should be equal in damage output.

The basic reason why they will never be equal, is because RT acts as a "more" modifier in effect, giving you whatever your build is missing in hit rate - realistically about 20% or so.

It only takes a medium amount of crit/critx to increase your damage by more than an RT character would ever gain from RT, but it takes a lot more nodes too... including maybe a few nodes to make up some tohit.

The real problem with RT isn't that it doesn't do as much damage, it's that there isn't enough upside for the downside (esp the part about eating reflect dmg).

RT should probably read "You can no longer crit or be crit, but you always hit 100% of the time"

This would give it a unique defensive flavor, counteract some of the increased damage taken from the node, etc..
No
Maybe change how it interacts with reflect, maybe give it some extra bits to make it more appealing.
But otherwise no.
Its a huge boost for any non crit build if crit wasn't so good, this would be broken as fuck. By no means should it do more damage or equal damage to crit, but maybe nerf crit and buff everything. But crit is such a huge investment it's not really fair to not make it a big boost. Maybe just make non crit have big investments to increase damage that doesnt work for crit. :P
"
Zaanus wrote:
with the current and foreseeable game mechanics, so stop comparing them as if RT and Crit build should be equal in damage output.

The basic reason why they will never be equal, is because RT acts as a "more" modifier in effect, giving you whatever your build is missing in hit rate - realistically about 20% or so.

It only takes a medium amount of crit/critx to increase your damage by more than an RT character would ever gain from RT, but it takes a lot more nodes too... including maybe a few nodes to make up some tohit.

The real problem with RT isn't that it doesn't do as much damage, it's that there isn't enough upside for the downside (esp the part about eating reflect dmg).

RT should probably read "You can no longer crit or be crit, but you always hit 100% of the time"

This would give it a unique defensive flavor, counteract some of the increased damage taken from the node, etc..

It will be way too strong, lol, think before suggesting anything. I want too a buff to RT but thats way over the top
Inundated with cockroaches, I am

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1609216 - labyrinth rework ideas/suggestions
Buddy..

I invest in an extra stat that increases my damage potential and is harder to gear than RT.

Should I deal more damage?
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
Last edited by Chundadragon on Dec 6, 2014, 6:18:36 PM
Resolute Technique requires:
- taking 1 passive node.

Crit requires:
- getting a high base crit chance weapon
- accuracy on gear
- accuracy on tree
- chasing crit chance node all over the tree
- crit multi on the tree
- crit chance on gear
- crit multi on gear

What do you think should deal more damage?
"
Chundadragon wrote:
Buddy..

I invest in an extra stat that increases my damage potential and is harder to gear than RT.

The problem is, it is the ONLY stat that increases your dmg potential on gear possible AT THE MOMENT.

Have got Life and Resist on the gear allready?

Big news, the only affixes to roll on gear to increase damage left is now critical strike chance.

What we need is affixes that give % attack damage or spell damage on gear other then weapon and shield, so we can actually choose to increase damage in other ways then stacking crit.

E: to clarify, i do not consider elemental damge added to attack to be atractive enough for nearly any build out there to be considered a viable option to crit.

Also, Elemental dmg on gear isnt added to spells unfortunatly.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1158669

Cyclone MARA Beginners and Advanced Guide.
Last edited by Vincendra on Dec 6, 2014, 9:42:41 PM
duhhhhh
"
Vincendra wrote:
"
Chundadragon wrote:
Buddy..

The problem is, it is the ONLY stat that increases your dmg potential on gear possible AT THE MOMENT.

Have got Life and Resist on the gear allready?

Big news, the only affixes to roll on gear to increase damage left is now critical strike chance.

What we need is affixes that give % attack damage or spell damage on gear other then weapon and shield, so we can actually choose to increase damage in other ways then stacking crit.

E: to clarify, i do not consider elemental damge added to attack to be atractive enough for nearly any build out there to be considered a viable option to crit.

Also, Elemental dmg on gear isnt added to spells unfortunatly.

I think some of this is wrong, but just going to focus on this:

while not completely true, it is simply the best way to increase damage. What I want to see is a new form of scaling damage that doesnt stack with crit, I have no idea what.
"
Zaanus wrote:

So your solution is, my RT build isn't doing as much damage, therefore those that invest a thousand more exalts in gear so they can crit properly, shouldn't do as much damage to my 15c set lets say in pvp?

What should be done imo is fucking FIX ARMOR. RT is always synonymous with stacking 10k+ armor with it, so having average damage, you should be a tank with it as well. But that 15k armor being 0 in big hits and critical strikes, its just negligible now, also in the 1.3 tree, nerfing the fuck out of block, slow as leech from the leech revamp and the overall melee nerf on tree..

RIP.
"Get rich or die grinding"

Lvl 100 Ascendant - RadioactiveSago: HIGHEST KB tooltiplordz in all of PoE (view-thread/1636451)
Lvl 100 Assassin - Chonkeyy: Omnislasher 2 mil DPS Flicker Build (view-thread/1571744)
RT is same as crit chance

RT assure you a hit , so you do not need accuracy even against 15k evasion rating he can't evade your hits

Crit is the opposite need to get more accuracy to have a hit and its harder to hit other player with high evasion rating

its your chose u go RT no crit bonus 100% chance to hit ignoring all evasion, or going Crit and have to increase your accuracy so u hit

apart from that RT get the chance to focus more in life and defense which gives Tanky build rather than squishy crit build :)

Last edited by alshabibi7 on Dec 7, 2014, 2:19:08 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info