RT will never be as much damage as crit

I open poe.trade
I look for diamond with t1 life and t1 wed on them those are not complete trash

HEY MATE WANNA BUY A SINGLE PIECE OF JEWELRY FOR 90EX?

That is like the cost of the whole fucking RT character if not more. I am not even talking about ES versions, all decent pieces are vacuum cleaned the same second they go on market. It is literally go mirror or go fuck yourself in the arse.

t1 flat phys, t1 life two-stone rings on the other hand go for 2-5ex.

Considering that the income of an Average Joe in PoE is 5ex/week, well it is either you buy yourself a nice BoR and WoE or you save two weeks for shit roll Binos

RT needs a buff, but all i can see is "If we can not get a buff to RT, lets at least drag crit to our level" That is a fucking communism right there

Last edited by Teplokot on Dec 7, 2014, 9:10:19 AM
Now let's say it as it is ... crit items are more expensive because they are more powerful ... if at some point crit becomes more balanced the prices will go down ... RT items are cheap because RT is just underpowered... that's all
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
"
KorgothBG wrote:
RT needs one thing badly ... the ability to evade your reflected attacks.. that's all in my opinion.
Tho taking less damage from crits sounds like a good idea as well

RT doesn't die to reflected attacks. If you are near RT, you are near many decent Armor nodes and since you don't have that crit multiplier, your armor actually matters. Add on that the immortal call-cast when damage taken-increased duration and you'll be able to react in time to reflect packs.
This message was delivered by GGG defence force.
Well that's the thing .. what if i want to do an evasion + RT ? or Evasion/armour + RT? there are plenty evasion/armour nodes in the duelist area ... now i can't do that ... and what if i want to use a 2h weapon on top of that? It's a suicide mission .. that restrains RT and it is only usable if you have high armour, or if you are a shield user with high block.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
"
OJ8_Graz wrote:
"
Zaanus wrote:

RT should probably read "You can no longer crit or be crit, but you always hit 100% of the time"

So your solution is, my RT build isn't doing as much damage, therefore those that invest a thousand more exalts in gear so they can crit properly, shouldn't do as much damage to my 15c set lets say in pvp?

What should be done imo is fucking FIX ARMOR. RT is always synonymous with stacking 10k+ armor with it, so having average damage, you should be a tank with it as well. But that 15k armor being 0 in big hits and critical strikes, its just negligible now, also in the 1.3 tree, nerfing the fuck out of block, slow as leech from the leech revamp and the overall melee nerf on tree..

RIP.

yeah, cause pvp wont be a crit shitfest the way it currently stands. no one gives a fuck about your 1000 ex pvp gear.

crit immunity on a passive of flask would be a wonderful counter to the current meta
"
Teplokot wrote:
I open poe.trade

That is like the cost of the whole fucking RT character if not more. I am not even talking about ES versions, all decent pieces are vacuum cleaned the same second they go on market. It is literally go mirror or go fuck yourself in the arse.

Considering that the income of an Average Joe in PoE is 5ex/week, well it is either you buy yourself a nice BoR and WoE or you save two weeks for shit roll Binos

RT needs a buff, but all i can see is "If we can not get a buff to RT, lets at least drag crit to our level" That is a fucking communism right there

First of all, I think you might need to do more digging because 90 ex for that doesnt sound right.

And I completely agree with your last line, its pretty silly.

As for RT needing a buff, I don't know why everyone obsesses over RT, but just buff non crit in general, in some way that doesnt benefit crit.
"
mazul wrote:
"
Mannoth wrote:
It's 86% chance to hit a monster of level 87.
Those monsters don't exists.
Versus a level 78 monster it's closer to 90-92%.

Stacking more accuracy will only make you more vulnerable to reflect and give tooltip dps.

The tooltip should refer to lv80 monsters, given that it is the uber atziri map. Not to 87 monsters. Unless GGG changed tooltip policy, it refers either to 78,79 or 80.

Quote from Mark:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
Flab wrote:
Well considering every reply except the first has managed to miss OP's observation, you guys should read what he says again...it's at least somewhat concerning.

Stats say 90% chance to hit, OP is getting around 75%, that's more than slightly misleading.
No, stats say 90% chance to hit against an average monster of the same level as you.
OP experienced roughly 72% apparent occurrence of hits against a small selection of non-average monsters.
Note that latency/packets getting lots/delayed will occasionally make a hit look like a miss because the damage won't make it from the server to the client in time to be applied correctly and may not be received until the next hit.

This does not necessarily show anything is wrong, pending more information, but potentially warrants investigating whether the average evasion expected on monsters of a certain level is out of date or something.

The formula used for hit chance is exactly the same one used on the character screen, all that's different is the input - an actual specific monster's evasion as opposed to a calculated average of all monsters of a certain level.

Which is why your chance to hit degrades even after level 80, it is calculating your chance to hit versus a fictional monster.
[2.2] The Vampire - Tanky 2H Axe Slayer Duelist - /view-thread/1611662
"
mazul wrote:
"
Autocthon wrote:
There is no reason whatsoever that RT should be gimped in comparison to "traditional" critical damage builds. None at all.

People want diversity so badly. Yet they always say "but this shouldn't be any good, the only way to do damage should be this"

If you want build diversity then you provide multiple paths to the same goal. RT could be one of those paths. Instead it gets relegated to joke status, and since everyone here seems to think that "diversity" means "Have one build for every character" that won't change.

RT should have far higher survivability than Critical strikes, but lower damage. I think the idea of letting the RT node reduce the damage taken from critical strikes, is an excellent idea.

"Attackers have no critical hit damage bonus against you"

Course doesn't matter what you do to the node. Until it has the same DPS +/- 10% that crit does it'll be considered trash. Damage is king.
IGN - PlutoChthon, Talvathir
"
Waffl3x wrote:
"
Teplokot wrote:
I open poe.trade

First of all, I think you might need to do more digging because 90 ex for that doesnt sound right.

And I completely agree with your last line, its pretty silly.

As for RT needing a buff, I don't know why everyone obsesses over RT, but just buff non crit in general, in some way that doesnt benefit crit.

1. Gale bane Jewelled foil (non crit ones): 240E EACH, none of my perfected RT-set pieces planneds cost less than 50E, anything else means sacrificing DPS (like lower flat dmg or no aspeed on rings, gloves)

2. I dont see where i asked for a crit nerf, i gave other options, the one most interesting to me was meaning to add a new affix that would boost both, dps and defense chances on us for as long as the character doesnt crit and keeps killing.

Example: Calm. +x% more damage mitigation and attack damage for each killed enemy. Resets if you land a critical hit. Lasts 3 seconds

Affixes: Calm charges: You get +30 max Calm (T1)

Calm duration: Max +0,5 secs duration on your calm (T1)

This new affixes could boost up to 3x our damage (still lower than crit builds) but making us not THAT much behind, giving a benefit aside (mitigation) AND ensure we need the same number of affixes, switching crit chance+dmg to calm+duration
"
KorgothBG wrote:
RT needs one thing badly ... the ability to evade your reflected attacks.. that's all in my opinion.
Tho taking less damage from crits sounds like a good idea as well

And what would change with that ?

Evasion in general is totally junk against reflect..because its allways based on your accuracy..

Topicwise:
If you dont skill any accu, you will end up with like 700 accu (~70% cth) at ~90; RT will give you 100%, which is basically a 1.4 multiplier in dps (compared to 4-5 to the average crit build) thats a difference of 3-3.5 times, if you compare crit/non-crit

Nevertheless, you still have allways the danger of reflect..which is for a crit build much more dangerous, because of the high difference between min/max damage.
Welcome to the greatest of arenas, Duelist. God is watching you.

Last edited by Astarte911 on Dec 8, 2014, 5:33:01 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info