[2.2.2b] Cast when Drinking Potion spell spammer - 20 spells per second with no active skills

Soooooooo question... why does it take me a shit load of elixir doses to set off the spells but it takes you one dose? Plus, I went with that more dps variant of the build and i don't know if its just me but It is way too squishy to use. Help? or maybe help me out a bit in-game. Build seems really fun but I must not be getting something here because I die all the time.
How does it work with cwdt level 1 and level 20 spells? cwdt lvl 1 only support spells which requires max. lvl 38. i dont understand it.
Where actually is written that you use cwdt with lvl 20 spells? Did you check his setup? The damage comes from ALOT of low-medium lvl spells linked to lvl4-5 cwdt gems. Several guys also decribed their setup with 1 main damage skill like discharge or EK being on lvl 18 with a higher cwdt which also helps alot for leeching. You really shoud restudy his gem setup again... .
Man, this is literally the best thing that has ever happened to path of exile since forever.
All good
Last edited by gramozeks on Dec 23, 2015, 12:32:25 PM
Sorry for the delay, I don't check this thread regularly anymore - it seems like 0flip's thread has somewhat more active discussion: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1435162

"
BruteLegacy wrote:
Soooooooo question... why does it take me a shit load of elixir doses to set off the spells but it takes you one dose? Plus, I went with that more dps variant of the build and i don't know if its just me but It is way too squishy to use. Help? or maybe help me out a bit in-game. Build seems really fun but I must not be getting something here because I die all the time.

Triggering with a single elixir:

1. You should be at -60% chaos resistance. If you're not, make sure you're not in a hideout since you won't get the -60% chaos res from being in Merciless, and also check that you don't have any +chaos res gear.
2. Almost all of your CwDT gems should be low-level enough that they trigger on one elixir usage. The exception is Discharge, which you probably want to trigger on every two to three uses since it's probably your primary DPS.
3. If you're at -60% chaos res and your CwDTs are all level 1, and you still can't trigger your spells with one elixir, you're just going to need more HP. Luckily the only mandatory gear for this build is The Harvest, so you can get cheapo life/resists gear and meet the threshold pretty easily (unless CwDT was ninja-nerfed again).

DPS:
Check that you have enough life on your gear - even more than for other builds, your survivability is almost totally dependent on your max HP. Any non-spiky damage should be non-threatening since you regain a massive amount of HP from constantly using seething flasks - with Bloodgrip, you net +1.5k HP per flask usage; if you trigger 3 times per second, that's 4.5k HP/second of regeneration.

"
gramozeks wrote:
All good

cool.
Last edited by Dimeq on Dec 23, 2015, 11:07:19 PM

Too poor to buy these in Standard, so I farmed the cash for them in Talisman instead.

Unfortunately, this means that I'll have to wait until the league ends in March to test this flask setup:
Some videos - will probably update OP eventually.

Writhing Jar OP.

Current flasks:
Spoiler

Swap in either or both of these:

Dried Lake:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3Ly27guoio

Lab run (pre-Writhing Jar+increased flask charges bug fix):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l37PugNOtDU

edit: updated OP.
Last edited by Dimeq on Mar 17, 2016, 10:28:58 PM
so does this build still work or cant sustain? confused about your crossed out comments on front page
Can you post an update for post Writhing Jar nerf?

Also could you make a section just for gems since your equipment is missing some gems in the links?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info