SlightRedeye - Elemental Incinerate. HC, New league and Self-Found build.

Hey, i would like to get some feedback on my gear. I feel like im not doing enough dmg on various occations. I have also Tabula i could use, but Cloak of Flame is just too great imo to swap out..
All suggestions are welcome!

Spoiler

Would this be better?
Spoiler

Spoiler

Great build btw!
"
YTY6 wrote:
Nice build, following it and level 80 on torment league at the moment.

Would taking herbalism instead of blood drinker be beneficial? Taking it costs only 1 passive point more and you would gain the improved flask life amount.

Also, do you think doing atziri with a tabula rasa and 4.5k unreserved hp is possible or should i aim for a 5L cloak of flame?

Tabula is fine, physical damage is hardly involved in any of the fights. Just be careful of spears and it is exactly the same fight.
IGN: SlightRedeye
(GMT + 0:00)
"
SideWindrrr wrote:
Hey, i would like to get some feedback on my gear.

I have nothing to add other than try to follow the gear recommendations in the guide as closely as you can.

Alpha's Howl and Rathpith are not very useful items for the build. You need to look for mana regen equally as much as you look for damage on your weapons.

Your wand is clearly better than a Divinarius dagger for this build.
Last edited by SlightRedeye on Jan 20, 2015, 9:08:16 PM
Just wanted to say great build! Using Tabula since it dropped for me @ level 7 lol. Also got a low level CoF. Damage is is just ridiculous. playing on torment, Only died twice and both times was because my 1 month old demanded my attention and I forgot about it. lol. But I haven't found anything much of a challenge as of yet. Thanks!
Could you elaborate on why a Dorianys Catalyst would be good for this build?
With that unique we loose out on mana regen and spell damage...by quite a huge amount. Plus the lv20 ele prolif would not bring any bonus to lightning warp or clarity.
Last edited by Polypropylen on Jan 22, 2015, 3:02:10 PM
^ Certainly the Phys Damage & Attack Sp. slots would be wasted or much less efficient than Mana Regen & Sp. Damage on this build.
The Doryani's paragraph is outdated, the guide was written in chunks over a period of 2 months starting before the 1.3.0 skill tree changes were released.

The scepter is pretty basic and can be used if you already own one. It is a source of leech and high damage on a weapon. Mana regen on a rare weapon is better if you can maintain similar stats.

I'm removing the part where I mention it in the guide.
Gotta give you kudos for how great this build is.

I'm now lvl 87 with this build in BL.(And it's my first hc char in poe!) The only thing that's giving this build some troubles is otherwordly, they do spike hard!

I've a question though, when would you consider this to be "safe" to try atziri with?
I'm seriously tempted to give it a go soon.

Here's my current gear and stats:
Spoiler

5k hp, 5.6k unreserved, 280hp regen. 3.5k dps tooltip, i've less with added lightning so i'm using FC atm as it feels smoother for mapping. Mana regen is enough to run lvl 13 AA atm. I might switch the sheild out if i can find a nice rolled one with manaregen.
Capped resists, altho i've not 81/75/81 like you do, i'm at 79atm i guess i will need lvl 20 puritys for that?

I'm still leveling my empower so until then i'll keep my coh warlords setup which is great for the leech and free endurance charges. :)

"
_SleeZy_ wrote:
Gotta give you kudos for how great this build is.

I'm now lvl 87 with this build in BL.(And it's my first hc char in poe!) The only thing that's giving this build some troubles is otherwordly, they do spike hard!

I've a question though, when would you consider this to be "safe" to try atziri with?
I'm seriously tempted to give it a go soon.

Here's my current gear and stats:
Spoiler

5k hp, 5.6k unreserved, 280hp regen. 3.5k dps tooltip, i've less with added lightning so i'm using FC atm as it feels smoother for mapping. Mana regen is enough to run lvl 13 AA atm. I might switch the sheild out if i can find a nice rolled one with manaregen.
Capped resists, altho i've not 81/75/81 like you do, i'm at 79atm i guess i will need lvl 20 puritys for that?

I'm still leveling my empower so until then i'll keep my coh warlords setup which is great for the leech and free endurance charges. :)

I'm glad you like the build :)

It all depends on how comfortable you are with Atziri, the build is capable of killing her smoothly but it is also dependant on manually dodging. Once you equip a Saffell's Frame the 5k life pool you have would prevent you from being one-shot by any of Atziri's regular flameblasts/storm call/spears, all except the gigantic spells. (double flameblast/white stormcall should never be tanked.)

The more damage you have the easier the fights will be, this also goes for clearing the blue monsters on the way there. In bloodlines this is really dangerous, so I would honestly go really slowly or skip as many as possible. 4k+ tooltip should be enough to take down the Vaal's in two bursts, which is really easy. The trio requires you to warp in and warp out at the right time, wait for the arrow rain to cast then warp in and damage the ranger boss. As long as you don't overstay while dealing damage to any of the bosses, you will be fine. cwdt EC+IC is mandatory of course.

Atziri herself is where dodging skills is the most important, in the video I posted I hadn't played PoE in 6 months and still managed. I brought only one Ruby flask and had no Saffell's Frame equipped which was extremely stupid of me and I still survived several flameblasts and a stormcall at just under 5k hp. A Saffell's would have meant over 20% more effective health for that fight, but you can see what I mean.

If you are confident enough to try farming her, go for it. Totally up to you.
Currently I'm sitting on 6,3k life and 300 energy shield, tooltip dmg is around 5k with herald of ice and thunder (I invested more into life then extra elemental dmg in the tree since I'm level 86 and still have 14points to go) and I'm doing atziri just fine, I rarely die if I play it right and the only time I really might die by chance is when I facetank the 4 mirrors at aziris and even then I usually use grace sometimes which completly negates all damage done to me and just yolo through... that's when this question come to mind.. can u help me with my gear and gem setup.. what would you change with this setup (don't mind the mana gem on the cwdt i just use the emty slot to level gems or use a low level AA which I dont because the damage reduction it gives is negligable compared to the mana cost, and ignore the gems in the phoenix shield I just use the slots to level gems) :)

my gear is nothing special except the 6L I bought to make it easier but I'm getting bored trying to do normal atziri and I kinda can't really get my finger on how to improve this build further :s when flasks are up I have around 99% fire resist when I use my phoenix and around 90 light resist.. when fightning atziri I only use 2 purities fire and light, herald of tunder and clarity, the problem is I've tryed uber atziri one time and got only to second vaal bosses which preety much raped me I used 3 portals for the first boss, my skillpath tree is almost the same as yours but with the exception that I went under the energy shield nodes so I went for extra evasion + I used the life nodes on the left side that give skill cost reduction under the templar instead of the ones on the right side of the tree that give life + life on kill that is neglegable, it really helps with the sustain mana cost. So the real question is what would make this build uber atziri viable, should I be looking to invest into a legacy saffels frame for spellblock + the spellblock amulet? is spell block + dodge the way to go? or should I use some other flasks that would improve my chances, what gems should I use for bosses and what gems would you recommend I'd use?

If you have a similar guide that uses incinerate or smthing that is in the lines of a similar path that works for uber I would really appreciate if you have the link :) + I kinda dont mind investing 80 regrets :) :P

Thank you for your reply! :)

Last edited by d3subz on Jan 26, 2015, 2:58:50 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info