[2.0] Terror's "Shatter Chuck Lite" Variant •• Barrage CoC •• 280k+ DPS •• Atziri w/ 5-Link

"
Rathik2 wrote:
"
justinmm1988 wrote:
I use EB with a +3 jewel, not hard to roll! With GMP you only need one and never have a problem, I use FP and AB as my spells on 95% crit on barrage, 90% accuracy, 2.7 APS...

FP w/charges: 7535
AB w/charges: 5425

I run HoL with curse on hit w/AM
HoI
Purity of Ice
Artic Armour

My Tree!

Sorry to inform you but you tree if very flawed.
You waste to much skill points traveling across the skill tree, you have very few life nodes and you insist of taking projectile damage in game patch 2.0 where GMP shotgun is dead.

I mean you even have a chance to take a 6% life node but you ignored it and you took a 5% one instead

You spend 115 where you can do way way better with just 108.

I disagree with like everything you said! Not to mention what the hell does projectile dmg have to do with gmp, all the spells we use have PROJECTILE tag...thus increasing the dmg, has nothing to do with GMP at all. The only exceptions to this is AOE abilities, and single target abilities that don't have the tag...which I have no interest in using! And you don't need to switch out GMP for single target abilities at all if you have the stats and dmg. And for health I have over 4k life, which is the average of a budget life CoC'r..........

And shotgunning may be dead, BUT some things still have a shotgun effect...arctic breath for example, and fireball...the explosion can still shotgun.

And id love to see you do it better, without leaving out ANY crit, crit multi, spell crit, accuracy, resist, and other core stats I have! I sat for hours experimenting with the offline tree before release, trying different variations...I even attempted to go down on the bottom of ranger, didn't like the stat outcome.......

Last edited by justinmm1988 on Jul 21, 2015, 8:49:32 AM
IGN Riokar | My guides
[2.0]Non legacy Mjölner. Uber down. -thread/1474288
[2.0]Shatter Chuck Lite COC -thread/1324981
[2.0]SRS Magic Find Culler. Uber capable. /w budged build -thread/1406603
[2.0]NEWBIE MF/DPS Summoner -thread/479976 | Power leveling guide -thread/522556
Last edited by Rathik2 on Jul 21, 2015, 10:34:38 AM
You talk about GMP as if the only thing about it is, and ever was, shotgunning. This is false. It's about hitting a wider spread. Even in 1.3 the shotgun effect was only really relevant against bosses, as mobs had to be right next to you for it to be relevant. GMP still does exactly what it did in 1.3 for clear speed: hits lots of shit in a wide area. And AoE effects from projectiles can still overlap for extra damage.

And those videos all seem to be done in 1.3, which isn't completely relevant. They're like concept cars. They might look and sound cool, but that doesn't mean they actually work out in reality.
Last edited by TimeDilation on Jul 21, 2015, 12:18:39 PM
No need to get hostile guys! There's a lot that works with SCL now so the "right" build is much more diverse than it used to be.

GMP is still really good at clearing groups. It lacks slightly when compared to GMP-less when vsing bosses, but is still strong. Both ways are great options and I don't think either side deserves the "right" tag.

Sorry, I've been hooked on Terraria lately. I'll see if I can't work out ancillary gems soon and get a vid guide up.
Questions I suspect we'll be debating in this thread for a long time: "What's the best way to stay alive?", "What's the best spell set-up?" and "No, serious, what's the best way to stay alive?".

A lot of spell set-ups are effective at clearing packs. It's against high-life single targets where I start to notice the differences between some spell combinations than others. Going to continue experimenting to see what combinations I like.
"
Duskcaller wrote:
Questions I suspect we'll be debating in this thread for a long time: "What's the best way to stay alive?", "What's the best spell set-up?" and "No, serious, what's the best way to stay alive?".

A lot of spell set-ups are effective at clearing packs. It's against high-life single targets where I start to notice the differences between some spell combinations than others. Going to continue experimenting to see what combinations I like.

That reminds me:

Seriously, guys, what's the best way to stay alive?
"
justinmm1988 wrote:
I use EB with a +3 jewel, not hard to roll! With GMP you only need one and never have a problem, I use FP and AB as my spells on 95% crit on barrage, 90% accuracy, 2.7 APS...

HoI
Purity of Ice
Artic Armour

My Tree!

Jutinm1988,
I am considering to respec into your style of only using Oak's Heart. Can advice if you find Oak Heart is good enough? ie. instead of Unweavering Stance or Acrobat?
thanks
"
TimeDilation wrote:
"
Rathik2 wrote:

2 exalted to pay for zero mana issues is not that much.

And hardly "a lot mana cost reduction", only 1 Elreon item which everyone can craft if they farm a bit.
Elreon amulet also frees skill nodes that can be used to boost life or dps.
And is not well crafted. It could have a lot better affixes like accuracy or crit mult.
I got life gain on kill with my regal :).

It's a pretty good idea that had escaped me until you implicitly suggested it, but even though I found an uncrafted -8 amulet in my stash and made this

with it, I still don't like the EK route. My clear speed seems much lower by ditching GMP for EK (and using something like cascade instead of freezing pulse). Freezing pulse pierces and just does way more damage to a horde than EK+cascade can (cascade is extremely linear, and EK doesn't pierce), plus the GMP basically doubles your projectiles per skill use (and with quality ups your attack speed, and as long as you're not really close to a breakpoint that's a good thing). Freezing pulse also has a good damage effectiveness, good damage (at least when not too far away) and adds a lot more freezing and chills. I haven't really singled it out against bosses, but a three spell combo just doesn't seem good for general clearing purposes. So you're not entirely out of the water on mana cost yet, as the GMP clearing combo still puts you at a mana cost of 9. Makes +es on hit or +mana on hit much easier to sustain you, at least.

Which skill nodes are you expecting to free up, just the 2 put into EB?

You can always use another Elreon ring in addition to the amulet. That would put you down to 1 mana per cast.
And yea, with no mana issues you don't need to use EB so that is 2 skill points saved.

It will going to like something like this.

-8 to Mana Cost of Skills
+35-44 to Maximum Life
Can have multiple Crafted Mods
+121-150 to Accuracy Rating
12-16% increased Critical Strike chance

Its really not a bad ring.

You can also replace life leech with warlord's mark. Barrage will cost 5 mana. You get free endurance charges also.
You can also use reduced mana and use CODW + warlords mark. Barrage is free with a 19/20 reduced mana.
Or even go with a CODW + warlords mark link, dorianis belt and an additional spell. 5 mana cost.

My freezing pulse gem is only level 13 so I can't really know the DPS status.

Single target DPS way lower though.
IGN Riokar | My guides
[2.0]Non legacy Mjölner. Uber down. -thread/1474288
[2.0]Shatter Chuck Lite COC -thread/1324981
[2.0]SRS Magic Find Culler. Uber capable. /w budged build -thread/1406603
[2.0]NEWBIE MF/DPS Summoner -thread/479976 | Power leveling guide -thread/522556
Last edited by Rathik2 on Jul 22, 2015, 7:09:24 AM
"
Cheekything wrote:
"
justinmm1988 wrote:

HoI
Purity of Ice
Artic Armour

My Tree!

Jutinm1988,
I am considering to respec into your style of only using Oak's Heart. Can advice if you find Oak Heart is good enough? ie. instead of Unweavering Stance or Acrobat?
thanks

You can compare it to unwavering, but not acrobatic's or anything else because they do totally different things!

I choose it because it's close, provides 30% chance to not be stunned, and doesn't force me to not be able to evade. I never like to take unwavering unless im also taking iron reflexes. But it's all personal preferences. Just because I like it doesn't mean you will, especially if you don't like being stunned, cause it will happen just less noticeable with this, and without not being able to evade...I have 24% chance, if I took unwavering I do not!
Last edited by justinmm1988 on Jul 22, 2015, 10:04:15 PM
When can we expect a 2.0 update of this guide? Looks amazing, and wanna try it out :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info