anyone else play grim dawn?

"
Crackmonster wrote:
"
Temper wrote:
Will play it through when it's done.

I liked it quite a bit last I played and it had a lot going for it.

Just something about it won't let me love it though.A number of things perhaps .. not related to any fault of the game but my own personal preferences.

It's because it is too titan-quest like.

Luckily it is also in some ways Diablo 1 like, which saves it.

Overall, a pretty damn good snack of a game!

After thinking on it a little,it's actually the opposite for myself.

Not so much the games mechanics and such,but the setting and ambience was always going to be second to TQ for me.I'd be playing GD but wishing it was TQ.

=P
Last edited by Temper on Dec 23, 2015, 2:14:36 AM
Oh okay.

Me, I feel Diablo style >>> Titan Quest style
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
"
Crackmonster wrote:
Oh okay.

Me, I feel Diablo style >>> Titan Quest style

What I mean is

I'd be playing in GDs post-apocalyptic,victorian type setting (almost steam punk),while wishing I was playing in the ancient culture/mysticism setting of TQ.

It's a great story and game with its own ambience to be sure,but ancient Greece and so forth was completely and utterly epic for me and a hard act to follow.I also told Arthur this when I jumped on board the project financialy.

Like I said mostly to do with me,game is fine.

=P
Last edited by Temper on Dec 23, 2015, 2:40:15 AM
Build 29 just came about 10 minutes ago, and that means the game is done. :D

Of course, it does not mean that it is the official release of the game. Offcial release is still around two months away, give or take. From now on until official release

"
Looking to the future, Build 30 will be released in early 2016 and will include balance changes, bug fixes and polish to all aspects of the game as we prepare to take Grim Dawn out of Early Access around February.

from what Medierra stated.

Edit: Looks like the level cap has increased to 85, so that should be it until Expansion when there is another level cap increase.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Dec 23, 2015, 12:06:06 PM
I was totally planning to wait till full release, yet here i am, playing away!
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
I'm about ten hours in and having a blast (quite literally with that grenado skill). Very good game tbh.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
i'm having more fun on grim dawn, then i ever did on path of exile, realtalk.
Twitch: twitch.tv/slayertip

Helping people with their builds, its somewhat a hobby, and a passion of mine, so don't be shy!

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1715639 <--- Build help forums thread thingy.
It is crazy good now, with the new lvl cap we can finally build more complete builds.
B29 was the deal breaker for more people to play Grim Dawn. Before B29, steam chart had the game hovering around 800-1200 peak on high peak, now the low peak is roughly over 3k players and the high peek just touching almost 6k players just almost 25 minutes ago. Still small compare to Path of Exile, but it is an incredible improvement. I am seeing even more prolific twitch players trying it out exposing the game more to the audiences that never even heard about Grim Dawn.

Probably at B30 the number will increase more after plenty of exposure and the official release indicating core game is polished. Maybe modding tools will bring in more players on top of that. But, steam chart will not be that accurate since there will be about 12k backers (kick-starters) having the DRM-free version of the game and on top of buying the game from Grim Dawn's official website which also gives the option of getting the game with the DRM-free version (which I am heading this route since I bought the game of their website), but the steam sale in the holidays will help out a lot.

Oh yea, just recently GD devs updated their steam game store page, and have official release somewhere in February 2016, so it is definite now baring no delays occur. The actual official release date is not confirmed yet.

Edit: Grim Dawn just went over 6k players in steam...sweet!!!
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Dec 30, 2015, 3:32:15 PM
Just bought it this morning (steam sale 40% off), looking forward to giving it a go!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info