anyone else play grim dawn?

Then i can finally get my pet that lights up the dark! ;)
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
Last edited by Crackmonster on Nov 26, 2015, 6:26:01 AM
still does not work with win xp 32 bits :(
my english sux.
"
Crackmonster wrote:
Then i can finally get my pet that lights up the dark! ;)

Yea, I cannot wait to get the will-o-wisp pet at release too. :D
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Found this out from their kickstarter update ( was released in the same day when build 28 came out ) that:

"We expect to release the rest of Act 4, which will make Grim Dawn content complete, around the end of the year."

This is pretty much build 29 which will include legendary items, new difficulty modes like elite and ultimate (we only got normal mode atm), and possibly another increase of level cap (75 or 80?).

"After that, we will continue to listen to feedback, fix bugs, optimize, polish and wrap up loose ends. Part of that will be getting all the virtual items ready for the official release, which will happen around February, so we can distance it a bit from the big holiday releases. Then we'll produce all the physical goods and get those mailed out."

If everything goes according to their plan, we are about two months away from the official release, and that is awesome news. :D

source: Kickstarter
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Dec 1, 2015, 4:30:46 PM
So I bought it and played through first few quests, and it is really awesome game so far. I chose the alchemist character with guns (looks kind a cool). I liked the environment setting, bit dark. So far my impression of the game is really good, will see how it goes further.

I have played single player just to get a taste of it, will create multiplayer toon, not sure how multiplayer works but will add details so if anyone wanna play can join.
Grim Misadventures update 86 is out, and this is a pretty interesting update that will come for build 29.

Many of the low level epics will be updated for the upcoming new difficulties, so that you can still farm for a better version of the low level epics at higher difficulties. Some of these low level epics that did not granted skills will do so in the better version.

This is what Zantai had to say specifically around page 16 of the link, which epics will be effected by this update:

"For those asking about their favorite low level items, if it's below level 40 it got upgraded, even sets. Between 40 and 49 is a mix, the cut-off was around 45."

This opens up more customization in the game. :D
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Dec 8, 2015, 4:44:16 PM
Build 29 is looming around the corner, possibly coming out this week or next week. The latest Grim Misadventure update is previewing what is to come for build 29. With this build update, content wise, the game is done. All that is left in the mean time for the official release (possibly around February or March) is to balance, fix bugs, and polish the game.

For post release, the only thing to wait for is survival mode, mod tools, and the first expansion.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Dec 21, 2015, 8:21:13 PM
Will play it through when it's done.

I liked it quite a bit last I played and it had a lot going for it.

Just something about it won't let me love it though.A number of things perhaps .. not related to any fault of the game but my own personal preferences.
Winter Steam sale just recently started (think earlier today), and Grim Dawn is on a 40% discount sale. If 24.99 USD was not enough to convince you to buy the game, 14.99 USD should be enough as a Christmas present. Best opportunity to get Grim Dawn since build 29, marked as the build to complete the game, is right around the corner. The discount sale ends on January 4th, so you plenty of time to decide whether to get it or not during the holidays.
- raics, 06.08.2016

"
Temper wrote:
Will play it through when it's done.

I liked it quite a bit last I played and it had a lot going for it.

Just something about it won't let me love it though.A number of things perhaps .. not related to any fault of the game but my own personal preferences.

It's because it is too titan-quest like.

Luckily it is also in some ways Diablo 1 like, which saves it.

Overall, a pretty damn good snack of a game!
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info