anyone else play grim dawn?

Crucible not only has balance issues (which isn't much of a problem as Crate fix everything), but its major flaw is it's beyond boring.
Can't find myself doing it over and over. A single play through and I'm done with it, back to the story line.
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
Last edited by torturo on Aug 8, 2016, 9:58:33 AM
I don't think crucible is boring, I think its infuriating as hell. If I missed taking my psychotropics, a computer monitor would have been smashed, folded in half and tossed out the window. Its games like this that make me wish somebody made bear proof PC peripherals. Steel or lexan frame with shock absorbers, bullet proof glass on the screen. Same with keyboards and mice. Because that's the sorta equipment I'm gonna need if I keep trying crucible.
I just don't... really enjoy Grim Dawn anymore, ive maxed 2 characters so far, i dont have crucible atm but it seems like.... a 50/50 for people...

Not to mention that Grim Dawn's optimization is pretty terrible, and the artistic work/particle effects don't help :P
Twitch: twitch.tv/slayertip

Helping people with their builds, its somewhat a hobby, and a passion of mine, so don't be shy!

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1715639 <--- Build help forums thread thingy.
I played crucible for a couple of hours, it's kinda cool but nothing special really. I guess it's a nice distraction when you don't want to run story mode for the 100th time. For 5 bucks you can't really complain.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Xavderion wrote:
For 5 bucks you can't really complain.

True, true.
I'm personally just accustomed to higher expectations with this game, as Crate rarely disappoints.
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
Beat the crucible, I recorded wave 141-150, and I'll upload it later on. I must have gotten really freaking unlucky on wave 150 last time. Rekt it with a Witchblade tank. I got 8 legs for beating it and a couple decently rolled MIs. The only decent leg was Ultos Stormseeker.
Last edited by MrSmiley21 on Aug 9, 2016, 10:37:40 AM
"
torturo wrote:
Crucible not only has balance issues (which isn't much of a problem as Crate fix everything), but its major flaw is it's beyond boring.
Can't find myself doing it over and over. A single play through and I'm done with it, back to the story line.

It is just another option, and if you find it boring after one play through then it is what it is. Not everyone find it worthy to spam it, but at least you are supporting Crate to pump out more content. There will be players that might treat this as their endgame since they want to take a break from the other game mode.

Though, there will be a free update down the road (maybe next month or the month after) where they will be another rogue-like dungeon that will be an outdoor version with aetherial being the focus of the dungeon. After that, possibly the next expansion with act 5 and another class possibly.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Gladiator Crucible complete:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2aRcpFGQgA&feature=youtu.be

FYI, that's one of the tankiest builds in the game I'm running, if I was a less tanky build with less HP I would have been killed several times. Nothing in the normal game does that sorta damage.
Last edited by MrSmiley21 on Aug 10, 2016, 3:58:55 AM
"
JohnNamikaze wrote:
Not everyone find it worthy to spam it, but at least you are supporting Crate to pump out more content.

I don't regret the support, not to mention it's the price of a pack of cigarettes. Didn't buy it on discount to give them a bit more. Such a low price is too generous of them, which is appreciated.

Just bitching around, because Crucible doesn't cover even my basic expectations. Of course it doesn't matter much, as it's truly optional and I'll simply ignore it. But bitter taste's still there, expected to put some hours in it.
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
"
torturo wrote:

Just bitching around, because Crucible doesn't cover even my basic expectations. Of course it doesn't matter much, as it's truly optional and I'll simply ignore it. But bitter taste's still there, expected to put some hours in it.

Maybe they should had added more tower of defense elements or made each waves more interesting.....or make Crucible more rewarding exp/loot wise than it is currently. I think Crucible can be modded, but even then, has room for more improvement. Though, I am not sure if Crate will go back to improving Crucible with the exception of bug fixes.

I already expected Crucible to be something like this since I first heard about survival mode four years ago.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Aug 10, 2016, 12:54:26 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info