anyone else play grim dawn?

...nope.
"Another... Solwitch thread." AST
Current Games: :::City Skylines:::Elite Dangerous::: Division 2

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear
"
Temper wrote:

Take a good look at what goods they offer and the level requirements to use them if you see something you'd like.It may be in some cases that farming rep for a faction is a moot point seeing as a regular play through the campaign will likely net you the required faction standing to purchase said gear ... but more importantly you'll also be around the level required to use the gear.

Lastly,by farming faction relentlessly it's also a possibility that you may find gear better than the stuff a faction is offering.What makes the faction gear so attractive is mostly it's availability if you've found nothing better and the opportunity to purchase Writs/Mandates.

I'm not doing it about the gear. The reason is in a spoiler, in case you don't wanna get spoiled.
Spoiler
I found a shrine that was under cthonic influence or something and i could not click it, even if i had killed all cthonics nearby. Thinking it was a bug, i looked it up on the internet. Turns out you need a quest from a certain faction to activate it and that quest is gated behind reputation. I also got the feeling from kymon's chosens that they also have quests gated behind high rep. That's why i have this dilemma.
I'm a forum warrior, i was born to post, raised to defend my league. Now my post has been removed, chained and exiled by mods who Ban. Ban is my brother; i do not fear it. I see it in the eyes of men and beasts that i troll. It will take me to play the actual game when i am ready and i am not ready.
"
Pyrokar wrote:

I'm not doing it about the gear. The reason is in a spoiler, in case you don't wanna get spoiled.
Spoiler
I found a shrine that was under cthonic influence or something and i could not click it, even if i had killed all cthonics nearby. Thinking it was a bug, i looked it up on the internet. Turns out you need a quest from a certain faction to activate it and that quest is gated behind reputation. I also got the feeling from kymon's chosens that they also have quests gated behind high rep. That's why i have this dilemma.

Ohh okie,I get where you're coming from now.

Spoiler
Yeah,I'm aware of that particular dilemma.I obviously can't make a decision on your behalf but I deferred to a "I'll get back to it" decision regarding it as I'll have Honored status with the Rovers not long into Elite difficulty act 2 and I'd rather move forward for now as trivial content in veteran gives no xp or rep for killing foes.

Kind of a case of *One step forward,two steps back* to make headway on that one.
Modding Tools are now Available! The update just came out less than an hour ago. This update does not include the free new content (the one with new rogue-like dungeon I think) since that one will be in the next update. Possibly it might come out either next month or the one after.

I will probably not touch any of the community's mods for awhile until I have played a good amount of vanilla contents.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Apr 28, 2016, 2:57:38 PM
guys I just saw it... The Edge Of Reality...

my god they have done it. this is insane. this is...
Spoiler
this is ... better than the cow level!

I will beat it.
some day I will do this quest and beat it.
I must.

fkn epic.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
Last edited by johnKeys on Apr 28, 2016, 4:52:46 PM
bump.
after 100 hours this great game turned into amazing.

well done Iron Lore... ahem... Crate :)
its such a good game. anyone tried multiplyer yet? 3 or 4 us of in the guild have it and were planning to do a co-op run through pretty soon.

We play torchlight 2 co-op, it has some networking issues tbh but we get there. Outlander op tbh.
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:

We play torchlight 2 co-op, it has some networking issues tbh but we get there. Outlander op tbh.

Torchlight 2 is Peer To Peer as far as I know. there is no server hosting the game, only a hub announcing/keeping track of the current games in progress.
so the people you co-op with need to be with good enough connections to share, and close enough geographically to not latency-kill the session.

I'm not sure what Grim Dawn's approach to multiplayer is because I only played SP so far, but the Youtube videos show mostly people who are in the same country if not the same room.

truth be told though, even PoE with its server infrastructure finds it difficult to handle the really extreme cases. such as putting an Australian like me in one game with people living in UK (you, Anuhart) or Germany, without everybody lagging horribly...

P.S: Outlander is op? Wolf Pack Berserker disagrees.
Last edited by johnKeys on May 12, 2016, 6:24:11 AM
Make sure the guy/girl with the best connection and PC host the game and it should be good to go.I've only played in duo max group so far with other Aussies while hosting with DSLII on an Alienware laptop (SSD) and it runs smooth for two players in the same region.

But as always,most of Europe and particularly Germany are around 450 ping for me,German servers sometimes hitting the 1000 mark.Surprisingly I have the most troubled connections with Canadians averaging around 1000 latency and barely ever stay connected for long.

I have around 400-450 latency connecting to Fanø Island (Denmark) however the connection itself is very stable ... but then that may also be related specifically to the host I'm joining.

The multiplayer itself.

I'd recommend all starting from scratch together or at least keeping pace with each other if forced to solo for a while.I also recommend having a talk with your fellow team mates about which faction you'd like to persue so that you can all be on the same page and not have reputation conflicts while playing through the campaign.Which isn't an issue if the characters are only and always played together having faction decisions made on the spot.

As far as difficulty,when playing a duet on veteran I felt a distinct but manageable increase when playing a pure melee character.Things hit a little harder and take a shade more damage to put down,but as an upside gearing is much quicker to offset that increase on veteran.

Last edited by Temper on May 12, 2016, 6:49:34 AM
I started about a month ago. Cruised through veteran difficulty with 1 or 2 deaths. Farmed a little longer in Elite difficulty trying to get my resists maxed out but decided to make the jump to Ultimate and just use elixirs to boost my resists. I'm now at level 75 and just got the quest to go northwest of devil's crossing.

I'm playing a Shaman/Occultist briarthorn, devouring swarm build with sustain given from the totem and sigil skills. My hp is a measly 7.3k and I only do like 1.9k damage with my swarm. Those are probably terrible numbers but I don't look up guides or trade for stuff so I'm probably doing something wrong but it's been pretty damn fun so far.

Sadly I haven't played it in about a week. The 2 week perandus league pulled me away and I've been farming coins to sell. I'll likely return to GD when the league is over or if I get tired of the server kicking me off.
Sound the dread alarm, through the primal body! Sound the reveille, to be or not to be. Rise! Stay the grand finale! Stay the reading of our swan song and epilogue. One drive to stay alive! Elementary, muster every fiber. Mobilize! Stay alive!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info