[2.1] Whaitiri's Blood Magic Cold Snapper

"
Enki91 wrote:
"
Is this doable with a Templar start, possibly forgoing branching into the Shadow area in favor of getting more life near the Templar?

Possibly. I've been working on my arc guide the past days, will start to perfect this build tomorrow.

Cool, thanks for the reply! I'm leveling as a Templar (hence my question). Once I get a bit higher, I can post the tree I've come up with as I go along.
Hey i'm curious what you do to sustain mana regen end game i just switched to the staff 4l and at 1.1 almost 1.2k mana i cant sustain cold snap spam is it cause im missing mana regen and mana rolls on jewelry please let me know
I've spent the whole day reworking this build for 2.0 and would consider it final now. Sorry if anyone started to respec into the old version, but i had mentioned it was untested and will be changed.
twitch.tv/enki91
Last edited by Enki91 on Jul 17, 2015, 9:06:19 PM
Hey

I wanted to ask why ice golem instead of chaos golem?
And also, what skill would u recommend for single target (assuming I won't do any 6 link golem).
"
dLxYaN wrote:
Hey

I wanted to ask why ice golem instead of chaos golem?
And also, what skill would u recommend for single target (assuming I won't do any 6 link golem).

Hey there, i've tried several spells as single target both selfcasting or as totem, but i could get the best results with just cold snapping while the golem aids with damage.
That's also why i've used Ice Golem, he has the best offensive setup of all three and is quite tanky with fortify, minion life and our discipline.
twitch.tv/enki91
Hey, thanks for updating the build! The templar I have going is actually shaping up to be surprisingly similar to your current build; I too wanted to give Life/ES hybrid a shot. This is what I'm considering shooting for.

Once I get a Romira's, I'm going to experiment with a few of the Templar's reduced mana cost nodes (some of which come with max mana, others with max life).

Instead of Taryn's, this should be doable with a +2 to cold gems staff master-crafted with cold leech, right? Have you tested/had any troubles with clearing with a 4L?

I also wanted to ask about your choice of Golem. Wouldn't fire be the best? I'd think that getting an increased damage % for ourselves would outweigh the extra damage the Ice Golem does, especially if you're supporting the Fire one with the same supports/gems. Obviously all the cold damage we spec doesn't affect our Ice Golem at all.
Last edited by malboro_urchin on Jul 18, 2015, 12:05:24 PM
@malboro_urchin: That build should work, but you'll have way less ES buffer.

I have not tried this with something else than a Taryn's or a 4L, only tried 5/6L setups if mana is possible to sustain. I guess damage should be enough in a 4L on low maps, i wouldn't recommend a +2 Cold Staff though.

You can try and play around with different golems to find which one works best for you. I found Ice Golem the best within the few maps i've tested the build in. Please let me know how it works for you!
twitch.tv/enki91
I had a shower thought the other night: have you thought about putting your Golem in a +2 to minion gems helm? Obviously one with good stats will be harder to find/more expensive, but it'd give the golem even moar survivability and damage.

Another question on gem placement/gear. You mention that Rime Gaze is a good budget option, and I agree. Have you messed around with one? If not, I'll give it a go and let you know, but I was thinking that the increased ES delay might actually be a drawback for a life/ES hybrid build like this one.

While working towards Vorici'ing a 5L Taryn's, which would be stronger: Cold Snap with your suggested links (Inc AoE, Conc Effect, Cold Pen) in a 4L Taryn's with Cold Snap getting +1 to gem level, or Cold Snap in Rime Gaze, with Hypothermia as the '5th' link (while still wielding Taryn's)?

Only ~2.5 levels away from speccing out of Ancestral Bond and into Cold Snap! I'll be sure to report back with anecdotes on my Templar offshoot with reduced mana passives
Hi im using your build, but i didnt find really a end game build, so im trying to make some changes to get better dmg.

The first thing I changed was the Shiver, i got more dmg from

Also y got the +1 curse node, and i curse with Frostbite and Temporal Chains.

My next step will be get a Volls Devotion to gain Endurance Charges and get the CWDT-Inmortal Call back
agustinaakk can you post your dps?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info