[2.1] Whaitiri's Blood Magic Cold Snapper

"
dankmemes420 wrote:
What do you think about using prolif in the main cold snap?

I'm planning to run rime gaze + cold snap + prolif + iaoe + cold pen in the one month.

I personally didn't find it to be necessary with enough cast speed and AoE, but you can give it a try and compare with Faster Casting without recoloring your Rime Gaze.
twitch.tv/enki91
So there's a cluster of nodes next to Pain Attunement that can give (if you take all 4) 10% freeze chance (not to mention extending freeze duration). All told, it takes 6 points to collect all of them. Is there a reason that these were not taken? Was it an oversight, or is it more effective to stick with what we already have, and focus instead on increasing our damage?
"
Varthorne wrote:
So there's a cluster of nodes next to Pain Attunement that can give (if you take all 4) 10% freeze chance (not to mention extending freeze duration). All told, it takes 6 points to collect all of them. Is there a reason that these were not taken? Was it an oversight, or is it more effective to stick with what we already have, and focus instead on increasing our damage?

This is correct. We can already reach up to 73% chance to freeze without the Fingers of Frost cluster, so it's more beneficial to put those 6pts into more damage to be able to freeze high HP targets, and to simply clear trash faster.
twitch.tv/enki91
How do you think the Awakening Patch will affect this build?
"
Valineth wrote:
How do you think the Awakening Patch will affect this build?

Sustaining Cold Snap will become harder, will have to find a sweet spot between cast speed and mana cost. I'll also switch around auras and probably drop MoM/AA for other defenses. And last but not least, thinking of going 1h + shield rather than a Staff.

It may take a day or two after release until i'll update this guide, if someone plans to run this in a new league i'd recommend level with something else first until you can afford a Romira's and i've updated the thread.
twitch.tv/enki91
Bro EB+ZO+MoM is the way to go, don't you read reddit, it's The Best!!one!11!

Spoiler
^ sarcasm for those fuckheads who don't understand.
Spoiler
Also, excellent guide, i'd recommend this.

Warcries (Rallying Cry) don't work with cwdt.
"
Bada_Bing wrote:
Warcries (Rallying Cry) don't work with cwdt.

It's just linked there since it was the only free socket, and to maximize the use of Inc Duration for both Rallying Cry and the CwDt Curse. I will explicitely mention that once i work on updating this guide.
twitch.tv/enki91
Is this doable with a Templar start, possibly forgoing branching into the Shadow area in favor of getting more life near the Templar?
"
Is this doable with a Templar start, possibly forgoing branching into the Shadow area in favor of getting more life near the Templar?

Possibly. I've been working on my arc guide the past days, will start to perfect this build tomorrow.
twitch.tv/enki91

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info