ShatterBolt [1.3 Viable end game Self substainable Herlad of Thunder/Ice build]

"
sherkhan wrote:
"
Ghostcleave wrote:
"
sherkhan wrote:
Interesting concept. Pretty much exactly what Chris had outlined in an earlier video.

I'm a little confused as to how you have so many people here and on reddit rooting for you for a L70 map clear video. In my experience, even L76/77 clears at a faster pace get fewer props.

Big guild?

Props on the Courtyard video though. Definitely shows that the build would be a decent utility freeze/culler.

I don't think the video was about clear speed. just about the build and possible build mechanics. I notice People tend to do Maps like Undergorund river, Strand, Gorge, etc because they are linear and easy to navigate so people are not watching OP backtrack which makes for a boring showcase video wouldn't you agree?

Having tried to post a couple of (what I believe are) unique concept builds, the common complaints for downvoting on reddit have been - (a) level of map, (b) clear-speed.

Since Chris had already noted exactly the mechanic OP uses in a GGG video, I'm just trying to figure out what else makes this build popular.

it's something that we haven't seen yet, new gem used as a strong clearing tool instead of just curse tool, he also doesn't use potato to record through like your vids.
wouldn't EE be very good (and 0 points away from your skilltree) in this build?
i was wondering if there is a reason why you do not take inner force?! both heralds are buffs, arent they? shouldnt their dmg greatly benefit from those 3 nodes?
☆*:.。. o(≧▽≦)o .。.:*☆
"
sherkhan wrote:
"
forzazx6 wrote:
he also doesn't use potato to record through like your vids.

Pay to win, confirmed.

The other gripe was about build cost, and there's not a peep about dual Doryani's, belt, and Kaom's.

2x doryanis - roughly 5ex
kaom chest - roughly 5ex
belt - 1ex

a single freaking 6L costs more than this whole build, what are you smoking if you think this build is costly?
"
The_x_ile wrote:
few things i would have changed:

- not sure with all the aoe nodes you take, why you use incenerate for single target, and not flameblast? (can have conc effect for higher dmg, can be low mana with lvl 1 and add lightning etc...) probably will be better single (also can hit almost entire screen) target dps.
- since the real source of dmg is the herald of thunder, i would have put it on a 6L :i would have go with 6L belly of the beast, and put on that herald of thunder + elem prof + aoe + add lightning + add cold + add chaos something like this. will make your clear speed much higher

I haven't tried flameblast, but i'm just not a fan of it, could be good. However incinerate is better to freeze locking since bosses are taking constant damage instead of burst ones.

You can't have a 6-linked herald of thunder or ice because of the mana reservation would far exceed 100% before your even 5th link. unless your linking gems that don't have a mana multiplier like blind, or knockback which doesn't help much.
"
MightbeHappy wrote:
Would it be possible for you to post a run without the Doryanis Scepters, as it feels the build would not be very viable w/o them

getting a +3 scepter rare scepter could also increase the damage by a LOT. so yes you can. However you do lose your 2% elemental leech which is not required by nice to have because it mitigates some damages you might take between mobs.
"
evilch3n wrote:
wouldn't EE be very good (and 0 points away from your skilltree) in this build?

I thought about that and done by testing however, here my conclusion on that:

EE will increase your damage of Herald of thunder if you keep spaming ice Nova. Herald of Ice chain explosion is still strong enough to instantly expload most pack even now with the +50 resist. However you lose out when killing bosses with incinerate. Herald of Thunder can apply EE but incinerate just hits so much faster then overall your single target dps is going to drop because of it. Also with EE you got to keep spaming that Ice Nova, too much work for me :)
"
Milani wrote:
i was wondering if there is a reason why you do not take inner force?! both heralds are buffs, arent they? shouldnt their dmg greatly benefit from those 3 nodes?

While inner force might increase the "oh-hit" part. It will not increase the "kill-effect" part, which is what important in this build since that our way of dealing damage.

Hope that clears things up :)
"
sherkhan wrote:
"
StrangeCloud wrote:
"
MightbeHappy wrote:
Would it be possible for you to post a run without the Doryanis Scepters, as it feels the build would not be very viable w/o them

getting a +3 scepter rare scepter could also increase the damage by a LOT. so yes you can. However you do lose your 2% elemental leech which is not required by nice to have because it mitigates some damages you might take between mobs.

+3 would improve base dmg by about 30%, but you'd lose Elemental Proliferation and Leech (unless you want to drop a gem slot for Ele Pro), not to mention the ~90% elemental damage per hand. Since you obviously have cash lying around, could you pick up some +3s for <10 chaos and show us what it looks like?

I'm pretty sure Doryani's is BiS for this setup.

Setup with +3 scepter:
Herald of Thunder + Increased AoE + Elemental Prolif

Herald of Ice + Increased AoE + Reduced mana
(elemental Prolif is not required on herald of ice. Just more constantly shock packs and I couldn't think of anything else that was worth adding. This setup will still leave you with enough mana reserve for single target incinerate.)
-------------------------------------------------------
This was the setup I ran with before I ran before hitting 75 and going dual Doryani catalyst .
Also I did state that Doryani's catalyst is BiS in my guide not a secret.
"
StrangeCloud wrote:

I haven't tried flameblast, but i'm just not a fan of it, could be good. However incinerate is better to freeze locking since bosses are taking constant damage instead of burst ones.

You can't have a 6-linked herald of thunder or ice because of the mana reservation would far exceed 100% before your even 5th link. unless your linking gems that don't have a mana multiplier like blind, or knockback which doesn't help much.

correct me if im wrong, but isnt higher dmg freeze last longer? if so im still not sure that incinerate is better than flameblast.
on other note, if you take 6L for HoT with : HoT + reduce mana + increased aoe + elem prof + curse on hit + elem weakness, you can just drop the need to spam ice nova. with that u can practically do nothing.. :)

also if im not mistaken yu can add 1 gem like add lightning dmg to HoT, but than you wont really have any mana left (unless u invest some in that direction)
https://poe.mikelat.com/#auras=2&name%5B1%5D=Aura+Group+1&cla%5B1%5D=&hoi%5B1%5D=1&bmg%5B1%5D=&rmg%5B1%5D=20&mul%5B1%5D=225&name%5B2%5D=Aura+Group+2&cla%5B2%5D=&hol%5B2%5D=1&bmg%5B2%5D=&rmg%5B2%5D=20&mul%5B2%5D=295&rms=0&life=1000&mana=1000

also im pretty sure that Berek's Grip is the perfect ring for this build
my builds:
- COLB (Cast On Last Breath) first ever build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1632595
- the Flash: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1367774
- the oro's bridle build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1409823
Last edited by The_x_ile on Oct 29, 2014, 5:32:22 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info