ShatterBolt [1.3 Viable end game Self substainable Herlad of Thunder/Ice build]

Hey, Really nice build fun to play also in my opinion. :D

I tried to copy your build on bloodline league and everything went well untill i got on merciless act 3.
There i got problems in the lunaris temple and unfortunately got 1 hitted by cole. (Prolly cus of the low armor i got at that moment.) Also the other mobs there hitted really hard. How did you deal with those hard hitting bosses / mobs?

I would really appriciate your tips :D.
I'm still loving this build -- just hit 89, clearing most any map mod. I'd really love to go EB and Clarity with AA but I'm sorely lacking in gem slots. Best I can think of is to replace my one non-pyre ring with an unset (and get better mana regen on that ring and the necklace).

Actually, now that I think about it I bet the ES I have from CJ and other armor will cover the mana cost of Clarity without a RM gem, so the open two links in the CJ (HoT, CoH, TempChains, Ele Weak) can be used for those. Maybe i'll give that a shot tonight -- still need to upgrade the jewelry though.

A decent level AA would help a lot with reflect since most times it's due to the fire damage from the explosions. I do pretty well with a fire flask but do get gibbed occasionally (sometimes I VSC a group and a ele reflect rare walks by..). The only times I die now are due to reflect (or trying to incinerate the crema boss).

Hard hitting bosses are tough until you get enough HoT damage to freeze them reliably, after that it's all about getting the DPS in quick with incinerate and VSC.
Ahoi,
awesome use of the mechanic and inspiration, for my own variation.
I played my own variation, i think to level 88.

Here is what it looks like.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKdFCA_8230
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4y4jZOxFoU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dv0gRzrypBQ

Seriously why isn't shatterbolt featured in build of the week already?

Elemental cleave is cool (my friend uses it to great effect) but shatterbold is simply mind blowing as far as builds go. Effective and quite customizable, it got me excited as soon as understood what was going on.

I want to see this in build of the week, and I want to hear from Chris how much time it took him to fully grasp this beautiful build. I greatly promotes the game and the potential of great unique designs.
Elemental Proliferation gives -21% LESS damage in beta currently.
RiP ShatterBolt...?
IGN: Drusek
Interesting build, love builds that use multiple unique that totally change each others effects.
Really intelligent and thoughtful build. Hope the new patch wont ruin it too much
what will you do with this build on 2.0?
"
fuex wrote:
not very viable in 2.0, sadly. The nerf to Elemental proliferation's radius really killed this build as it relied heavily on the freeze aliment as it's main source of defense. I don't know we'll have to see until the full release maybe something will change.
"
StrangeCloud wrote:
"
fuex wrote:
not very viable in 2.0, sadly. The nerf to Elemental proliferation's radius really killed this build as it relied heavily on the freeze aliment as it's main source of defense. I don't know we'll have to see until the full release maybe something will change.

I hope to see you update this build in 2.0.
This build is so creative.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info