ShatterBolt [1.3 Viable end game Self substainable Herlad of Thunder/Ice build]

Repeating my pro-tip: use firestorm for cursing. It's much better and safer then ice nova with this build (inc AoE + skill duration). It also does ok damage.
IGN: Drusek
Last edited by Drusek on Jan 9, 2015, 6:06:36 AM
Bump for great build!
If you can't control it, STOP.
Awesome build !! level 81 and clearing maps pretty fast! Would you recommend using vaal pact , just for the reflect packs?!
After playing this to 82 so far I have a couple of things to note.

* I think people are underrating cast speed. Dark Arts above witch gives 20% cast speed and 20 dex for 4 pts. This makes the bolts from HoT & VSC zipzap more often. Also adds Incinerate dps.
* I think lightning pen is a better support for HoT than Inc AOE. Especially with quality.
* I think the witch AOE nodes are unnecessary and not worth the 6 points (2 to travel from hp nodes).
* Elreon jewelry is VERY nice for reducing mana cost of incinerate. My 5L incinerate costs 3 mana currently.
* You can run lvl 19 incinerate instead of lvl 1 if you have Elreon jewelry and without even investing heavily in mana regen. See my build/gear.

My gear:
Spoiler

My build:
Last edited by genorb on Jan 11, 2015, 10:04:06 PM
My Bloodlines variation.

Using HoT, HoI, Purity of Fire
http://poeurl.com/zbmSjyq

My Items
Spoiler

Not using Purity yet since im travelling to get it, just need 4 more lvl's.

ATM im testing Warlords Mark Instead of Conduictivity, and its amazing having endurance charges always up, im going to triple curse with Temp Chains, Elemental Weakness and Warlords.

Plus its add's more life leech if im not mistaken!

3 Curses are OP :)

RIP ISP - GG awesome build =/
https://www.collava.app
Last edited by BoostCoder on Jan 14, 2015, 10:17:03 PM
current gear at 83, need to farm currency to get that second doryanis

Spoiler
Loved the concept!

What do you recommend for leveling and weapons for someone who's just starting?

You think there's any possibility to turn this build in a three element build? 3 Heralds.

Got few cheap items already, Three Dragons, Pyre, Asenath's Gloves, SAffell's...need to save for doryani's D:
I used a reverberation rod until I got my Dorys. Basically any wand with cold / light damage or sceptre with elemental / cold / light damage will be best.

Herald of Ash isn't useful in this build since the added fire scales off physical damage, which we're not using. Also, since fire damage cannot burn with Three Dragons the overkill mechanic would be wasted. Three Heralds builds are best for Physical builds with Hatred and Phys to Lightning.
Really love the build. Very creative and as soon as you get the double dory catalyst it just permafreezes everything - awesome!
Last edited by Joernzen on Jan 23, 2015, 3:25:08 AM
"
Joernzen wrote:
Also a RRRR Carcass Jack is kinda expensive to make. ;)

I have my CWDT in my boots (AR/ER or AR/EV) and my firestorm-curse in the carcass.

And reflect is a huge bitch. I'm trying carrying a ruby flask to counter the shatter damage a bit since the lightning doesn't hurt that much with 3% leech.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info