ShatterBolt [1.3 Viable end game Self substainable Herlad of Thunder/Ice build]

"
"
fuex wrote:
what will you do with this build on 2.0?

not very viable in 2.0, sadly. The nerf to Elemental proliferation's radius really killed this build as it relied heavily on the freeze aliment as it's main source of defense. I don't know we'll have to see until the full release maybe something will change.

Sh*t, bad news, this was my favourite character up till now, the most enjoyable to play with. I hope you will have time and intention to update it
Yes just logged in to see my favorite build dying after new patch :/ Permafreeze is dead now and this was really the bread and butter of this build. Damage was ok, but the permafreeze is just too important for defense.

RIP :(
Once you get it started damage is fine (9k top-end thunder with ice bite), 60% chance to freeze using a dory cold belt, just utterly unsustainable against bosses (manage to freeze Malachai like a total of twice?). Rares still get frozen in Dried Lakes (didn't test equivalent high-level maps) but will unchill if you don't apply freeze with another skill. Maybe once I level up flame golem/rallying cry (and get some actual jewels) it might actually be able to do maps again.

The first main problem is that with the RedMan change I need a much bigger mana pool to be able to cast anything at all. With the IAoE on both heralds they use up 98% of the pool. I tried to allocate Whispers of Doom to be able to cast Frostbite on top of EleWeakness and the Temp Chain from the glove, but I simply don't have enough mana to do it.
Will beacon of ruin from the elementalist ascendancy class allow this build to become viable again?

The radius is only 9 (vs. 12 of ele prolif), but it's a 140% multiplier to reservation that we don't need to take anymore (to help with mana problems). AND there's no more damage loss.
There's also a bunch of increased status ailment duration nodes in the ascendancy tree & increased chance to inflict status ailments.

Since the wiki says that AOE increases affect prolif radius, do you guys think stacking more AOE will make it work?

I really loved this build and only got to play it until lvl 77 before the nerf.
damage and multiplier aside. the pre nerf radius was 31 @lvl 20 compared to the ascendancy class radius of 9.

the old area with a lvl 20 gem was 11.8 times larger than what you can now possibly get. The build isn't coming back. I'd love to play it again too.
I am playing a Herald build right now.

It works very well outside maps (haven't tested it in maps yet). I use it to farm Kaom's Path for coins since it is extremely fast. You basically only teleport and everything shatters. And my gems are only lvl 17, no quality.

The problem I have right now is that I have no source of elemental penetration.

Summary
CI Elementalist
No reason to go LowLife since Pain Attunement does nothing for Heralds and I don't own a Shavs.
2x CotB and Using Lightning Skills.
All damage is cold so I specc'ed lightning and cold damage in passives. No spell damage.
Trigger skill: Orb of Storms, Storm Call trigger heralds and melt single target and bosses.
At the moment I have about 60% freeze chance and 100% increased freeze duration.
HoT + HoI + ALD + IceBite [+ ColdPen if I had mana left]

Atm I am thinking of making use of Mastermind of Discord to get penetration, but the problem is it promotes a very clunky playstyle. Constantly dashing to get the pen?

Another good option would the Hierophant with Illuminated Devotion and The Vertex: Free +1 level of gems and 20% ele penetration. But you lose out of elemental conflux.

Anyone else playing this?
This is the most fun I've had playing a spellcaster.
Can we get an update of the passive tree build since it's not importing to the poe calculator since its from an older version? Thanks.
what do i do if i cant afford carcass jack or kaom's heart?
what type of jewels do u use?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info