[1.2x Rampage][The Hexwheel]Atziri's Disfavour Curse on Hit Cyclone build.(70% slower temp chain)

"
EDIT : You can then replace Melee Phys from the axe links with Vulnerability (with double curse somewhere ofc), which results in about 70% more phys damage on cursed mobs, and have a full damage cyclone in the chest (cyclone-MPD-FA-LGoH-AF for example). The setup would be more expensive and more taxing on socket real estate, but the damage should be dramatically higher.

Right, thats something I've been thinking about too. Vulnerability have great synergy with the axe it would almost triple the bleeding damage. By swapping melee phys with vulnerability, although the tooltip dps will drop, I estimate that the cyclone would actually deal More damage on hit, since vulnerability curse is multiplicative with the damage TAKEN by the mobs. With this setup, this damage multiplier can go up to 188%, which is pretty insane. The things that stop me from doing so is the color of sockets and the search of a good +1 curse amulet. It's pretty nasty how you can drain hundreds of chromes on that axe to get the linked off-color.

The thing about another cyclone is, when i play with party, other members usually provide sufficient dps that would melt the mobs get pinned by my curse and chill path. So the extra dmg i can provide by setting up another cyclone is really insignificant. And when I play solo, the damage provided by the curse on hit cyclone is usually enough to deal with mobs packs. For bosses i would use 4l single target heavy strike which certainly have more single target dps than a 5l or a 6l cyclone (which will cost much more mana than my curse on hit cyclone since it has only has multiplier from enhance and melee phys). For all that reason it seems not very necessary to place another dps 5l/6l cyclone in my chest.
2.0 ain't no melee patch.
Last edited by exodus820 on Oct 29, 2014, 2:07:17 AM
Nice mayne :) i'll eventually do dis
North America, Favorite food Chicken and Pineapple pizza, favorite color orange
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
"
Nice mayne :) i'll eventually do dis

Thanks Pepsi!
I have been messing around with a cyclone build with the atziri axe as well. Is there any reason you chose to not pick up Resolute Technique? I ended up taking the Iron Reflexes route and put most of my nodes into damage and life. The DPS it pumps out is around 30k and the bleed is hilarious on things that are hard to chase around.
"
Is there any reason you chose to not pick up Resolute Technique?

RT is the go-for for non-crit build, there's not really any good reasons not to pick it. But i have some decent accuracy from my gear at the moment and is 3-4 points away from RT, and I do like when it occasionally crit, just my preference.
"
Lightning Strike + WED + Multistrike + Added Fire Damage + Elemental Proliferation (5L on Chest)

Get Static Blows (and maybe Thunderfists) and chance to shock from passives.

HoT will apply those enhanced curses to everything, as planned. Lightning Strike will keep everything shocked.

It's a good idea but the problem would be killing the first mob in a blue pack and boss fights. You can't curse the boss if there's no adds around it. Lightning Strike doesn't utilize the weapon range on the axe as well as cyclone does, and the 52% quality on lightning strike gives chance to pierce, which is a meh stat.
And the base crit for the axe is really low, and for that reason you cant depend on anything else other than your shock chance. Maximum shock chance you can get from the tree is 30% (Static Blows 10%+ 3 shock chances 3*5%+ Breath of Lightning 5%), all of them are on the direct opposite side of the tree from where this build is based on(Marauder-Duelist-Ranger zone). Instead of spending skill points on travel nodes I of course would prefer more life and direct damage. And most of all, 30% is just not consistent at all if your main purpose is to curse rather than doing damage. Plus the fact that its really hard to hit the killing blow in a party where 3 out of 5 people is crit-based now.
The good thing about of the current cyclone version is the feeling of face-rolling. I don't need to depend on shock or anything. See a pack, dive right in, pin the mobs, let the team do the deeps, thats my currently play style and i feel good about it.
Last edited by exodus820 on Oct 29, 2014, 12:28:16 PM
"
as opposed to practically no damage with the Cyclone.

I dont understand what your standard of damage is if you call 12k aoe no damage. If I do the lightning strike setup, the tooltip will be somewhere around 25k, and it wont hit nearly half as much mobs as a 11 weapon range 52% aoe cyclone does. If you firmly believe that twice the tooltip of NO DAMAGE gets you SOME DAMAGE then nvm.
And I wouldnt say this char is a support character, but instead a character that have supporting ability that boost the party. Not all party boosters are cullers, aura bots, quad cursers.
As for mapping, I haven't got too much problem keeping a solid map pool. I usually run them with guild members or host public parties. Probably this character wont be popular in some elite mapper parties, but honestly, thats not my area of concern, and the point of this build is solely focused on maximally utilizing the Axe.
Last edited by exodus820 on Nov 10, 2014, 12:14:55 PM
Having this build in the party rocks, since everything get slowed down so much, it's kind of hilarious. Nice work, Order!

P.S. I am forever immortalized in your video, bwahaha!
One silly question: why use heavy strike instead of double strike?

IGN: Amaranthen
"
One silly question: why use heavy strike instead of double strike?

Heavy strike can knock back enemy, causing substantially more bleed damage. It is very noticeable.

Besides that factor, heavy strike will actually deal more damage even if the tooltip might be slightly lower than double strike. As a physical damage character, Double strike scatters your physical damage and make them less effective against monsters armor, linked with multistrike it repeats a 70% base damage attack by six times. Imagine how much more % damage would be absorbed by a heavily armored monster (and it is exactly those monsters we need single target on) using double strike instead of heavy strike.

That's why I think ppl who are obsessed with TOOLTIP DEEPS need to take a break. Tool tip over estimates your what your attack speed do to your actual damage.
Last edited by exodus820 on Oct 31, 2014, 3:58:29 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info