[2.5] Tempada's Dreamfeather Lightning Flurry Raider: Acro, Alpha's/Blood Dance/QotF, 200k+ DPS

"
Sleelan wrote:
How crucial is the 6L on chest? I've seen people here using 5l, so I assume it's viable, but is there any point in running it on 4l?

It's not crucial. You can get over 30k dps in a 5L, and I had over 25k dps in a 4L at level 86.

"
This seems like a mostly mapping/piety build, given that it's core item is level 66+. How does it do before you can equip Dreamfeathers? Or did you respec it from something?

It's definitely a build made for mapping. I changed into the build around level 80 with a free respec and most of the gear already owned (although my Queen of the Forest wasn't even 5L'd at the time), so I did't get the experience of leveling with Cleave from scratch. Some others in this thread are giving it a go, though.

"
Is this build only really good with maxed gear? I know it will always perform better with max rolls, but for instance how big of a drawback would 1850 evasion Queen of the Forest be?

The more evasion, the better your defenses and the *slightly* higher your damage, but I wouldn't worry about it. It's hard to push Dreamfeather's evasion bonus very high, so damage differences because of evasion values shouldn't be too big. Accessories, however, are fairly important. Weapon elemental damage + flat lightning damage on gear does a lot for your dps. Luckily gems are the most important dps factor, and they just need to be leveled (and qual'd), which you can do at your own pace.

"
How are your elemental resistances? You run a lot of uniques, so good dual/triple res rares are mostly unaviable, and that feels like it would put a lot of strain on rings, amulet and belt, given how you want lots of resistances, and elemental damage.

The tree gives +22% to all resists (Sentinel + Elementalist), which isn't a bad start. I don't think it's difficult to reach max resists between 5 gear slots (rings, amulet, gloves, belt), cold resist on Alpha's, and triple resists on Queen of the Forest.

"
And just from curiosity, how much movement speed you get with jade flask online?

With a perfect Jade Flask (well, 99% increased evasion rating during flask effect), I get +163% movement speed, and I can get over 200% with Jade + Quicksilver.
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
I see. What are the crucial gems to get q20 on? FA, Cleave, WED and HoT? Does the shock chance from q20 Added Lightning matter?

As you could probably tell by now, I do not have heaps of currency, so my iteration of this build would be sudo-budget (under 3 ex), and would take a lot of preptime (getting q20 the time consuming way), but I would really like to put this together one day.
@Sleelan, make sure you consider coloring sockets into your budget ^^.

@Tempada
"
Also wanted to ask: how does Cast when Stunned feel in comparison to Cast when Damage Taken? That's clever since it allows you to fully level Immortal Call. Does it activate as frequently?

Unfortunately no, but it did save me several times. I think Cast when stun is a better when I was running as perma stun mace build that's using End charge on stun. When 1-shot hit lands (e.g. Vaal Smash), the IC would proc before the dmg is applied.

What do you think about:

Can't wait to try it out.

Btw, what maps have the least mobs with ele res? So far I only know that I can clear squid packs in 1 shot.

Also,, how does Dreamfeather compare to a 300pDPS corsair/foil rare sword? Curious if we are actually benefiting from Dreamfeather's gimmicks or you'd rather make a phys build + evasion (so you can still run fast with QotF). How about compared to a high eDPS weapon?
PoE-TradeMacro - https://github.com/PoE-TradeMacro/POE-TradeMacro/
ExileTrade - http://exiletrade.github.io/
"

RNGsus guides me, getting 2r1b1g on 4s seems realistic.
"
Sleelan wrote:
I see. What are the crucial gems to get q20 on? FA, Cleave, WED and HoT? Does the shock chance from q20 Added Lightning matter?

Yes, those are good choices for quality gems. The shock chance from Added Lightning doesn't matter so much if you can grab Shock or Elementalist on the tree. The Conductivity curse will help you shock as well.

"
As you could probably tell by now, I do not have heaps of currency, so my iteration of this build would be sudo-budget (under 3 ex), and would take a lot of preptime (getting q20 the time consuming way), but I would really like to put this together one day.

Yeah, I understand. It may be tough to get killer damage on a budget, but it should still be fun once you can wear the swords and chest, and it could be a character you work on for a while. Queen of the Forest is probably the most pricey part.

"
What do you think about:

Can't wait to try it out.

I like Doryani's in general, although for this build I prefer a rare belt with life, resists, and high weapon elemental damage. The best parts of that belt are the leech and the chance to freeze.

"
Btw, what maps have the least mobs with ele res?

how does Dreamfeather compare to a 300pDPS corsair/foil rare sword? Curious if we are actually benefiting from Dreamfeather's gimmicks or you'd rather make a phys build + evasion (so you can still run fast with QotF). How about compared to a high eDPS weapon?

I'm not sure about the map question.

Physical sword comparisons aren't exactly fair. Dreamfeather is a mostly affordable unique with limited damage, while rare physical swords can give crazy dps for a price. When it comes to elemental weapons, you might be able to get more dps for a similar price point, but the build would be very different. Dreamfeather gives you both damage and defense at the same time, assuming you stack evasion. With rare elemental swords, you'd have to skip evasion nodes, focus more on damage to get comparable dps, and Queen of the Forest might not even be considered as a chest option. I don't feel like this build is gimmicky; it's something that only comes together because of Dreamfeather + Queen of the Forest.
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
"
Sleelan wrote:
"

RNGsus guides me, getting 2r1b1g on 4s seems realistic.

For my alphas, I payed vorici for it. He has the tri-color option.

@Tempada
Does dual wielding dreamfeathers, will give you %2 total of (1% increased Attack Damage per 450 Evasion Rating). But due to Cleave, it will actually be 2% * 1.65 (bec of "When Dual Wielding, Deals 65% Damage from each Weapon combined").

Regarding dreamfeather vs rare swords -- So I guess we're trading DPS for movement speed for this build? And more evasion?
PoE-TradeMacro - https://github.com/PoE-TradeMacro/POE-TradeMacro/
ExileTrade - http://exiletrade.github.io/
Last edited by ManicCompression on Feb 1, 2015, 11:50:57 PM
"
@Tempada
Does dual wielding dreamfeathers, will give you %2 total of (1% increased Attack Damage per 450 Evasion Rating). But due to Cleave, it will actually be 2% * 1.65 (bec of "When Dual Wielding, Deals 65% Damage from each Weapon combined").

Regarding dreamfeather vs rare swords -- So I guess we're trading DPS for movement speed for this build? And more evasion?

I found a Tabula Rasa, so I can switch skills as I want. I'm Lvl 58 now, so I can't wear Dreamfeathers.

For regular Swords nevertheless I also thought Auras and Buffs only apply at 65%, so Cleave has more pure Weapon Damage but less added Damage than a normal Hit.
But my investigation showed me the opposite, even the added damage was applied at 130% from what I've seen in the tooltip dps.

If this is also true for other Weapon Affixes like Dreamfeathers one, then no, its no tradeoff.
But I will test this again when I wear those!

"
When 1-shot hit lands (e.g. Vaal Smash), the IC would proc before the dmg is applied.

Are you sure? I heard this a few times, but noone could say if this is true. Most say no...

Wiki only states it can proc when you block a hit that would have stunned you.
So maybe thats the no-damage part?

Can you test it? I don't have a high level CwS.
If it works, when you 3-link CwS+IC+IC, are the chances added (0.5+0.5=100%) or multiplied (1-0.5*0.5=75%)?
Last edited by Firnefex on Feb 2, 2015, 6:36:15 AM
Regarding the Damage effectiveness, with changing skills (no Frenzy) you don't attack faster.
Its always 3 swings per Multistrike, but with Cleave you double hit per swing to get 6 hits while normal attacks alternate between the weapons to get only 3 hits.

With these factors its logically that 6 hits at 65% are stronger than 3 with 100%.

Dual Strike would be even stronger, but has no AoE and must use Melee Splash which reduces the damage...
"

I'm still trying to figure out how dps is properly calculated here. According to the wiki, tooltip dps in duel wield Cleave builds is inaccurate. The damage of an individual Cleave hit would be something like, what, .02(X/450)(.65A + .65B) + (.65A + .65B), where X = Evasion Rating, A = sword 1 average damage, and B = sword 2 average damage? And all values get rounded down in the process? Except that the tooltip numbers for the individual swords factor in Dreamfeather damage already, so it's more like .65(A + B)... Unless the .65 is also factored in, in which case I don't know why the total tooltip dps would be wrong.

Edit: It looks like the wiki is out of date and the Cleave tooltip dps was patched a while ago, so the tooltip dps is correct. Phew.

"

Yep. Although I often wonder why there aren't more elemental Cleave builds on the forums if price is similar and dps is potentially higher with rare swords. I can't find any updated builds that use rare swords and provide comparable damage, especially without Concentrated Effect.
Last edited by Tempada on Feb 2, 2015, 3:29:19 PM
Level 67 now, playing with 1 Dreamfeather + TTT shield.
Gems are 16, DPS=7.1k while running Grace, Wrath, HoI, HoT.
Little 7 Mana left and 5 Mana cost at 5L due to 2 Elreon's. (every 4-5 Multiattacks there is 1 Pause if no PM on target)

Grace was a really needed Defensiv boost with Tabula, but my Lifepool isn't that high and if the Entropie of EV is nearly at the treshold, then accurate hard hitting Mobs struck me few times in a row that I'm instadead. If I play safer then its ok though.

Only Dominus first form was so terrible with max Res (Cruel wasn't a problem at all with ~60% Res), I died 3-4 times and second form I slept while fighting. :-)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info