[2.5] Tempada's Dreamfeather Lightning Flurry Raider: Acro, Alpha's/Blood Dance/QotF, 200k+ DPS

Congrats on hitting 70 :)

"
Btw, can we remove that bloodmagic and replace with HoA? I'll try that.,, what does Overkill mean anyway?

How's your mana supply feel without Clarity? Since you left the reduced mana node next to Harrier in your build (I removed it in mine for the extra 3 points) you might be able to run Herald of Ash. BUT... I would recommend Herald of Ice instead. Herald of Ash gives you fire damage based on your physical damage, and you hardly have any physical damage, plus the overkill damage is low in this build because we deal lots of little hits. Herald of Ice, on the other hand, will scale with your Added Cold Damage gem, and you might be able to eventually freeze enemies after you shock them.

Try 'em both out if you can.

If you have some respec points, you might see how the life/evasion nodes at the beginning of the Ranger area affect your damage instead of the three melee nodes. The attack speed node is nice, but I don't think the two melee physical damage nodes do much for you.

"
Spoiler

Rip

Ouch ><
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
Last edited by Tempada on Jan 20, 2015, 5:27:26 PM
Hello i'm interested in trying this build, what are your thoughts about

?

Thanks
D2 4ever ;)
Since 2011
"
MrPom wrote:
Hello i'm interested in trying this build, what are your thoughts about

?

Thanks

That's an excellent item to use. Very nice. The physical damage isn't as high as it could be (not that it matters much since the damage here is mostly elemental) and the colors are maybe not ideal, but the 2 aps and Culling Strike more than make up for it! I would use Cast when Damage Taken + Enduring Cry + Warlord's Mark in those links.
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
Last edited by Tempada on Jan 22, 2015, 5:46:16 AM
Thanks for the answer ! Actually the colors will be relatively easy to change with Vorici ;)
D2 4ever ;)
Since 2011
Just a fair warning for anyone interested in trying this build : this is not a beginner-friendly and certainly not cheap build. I'm doing it in Torment atm and so far have spent close to 20 Exalted orbs in the process... and my damage is still under 25k.

Here is my gear for the record

Getting these colors on the Queen alone took 1500+ Chromatic orbs.

I'm aware that my herald of thunder and added lightning gems are low level still, but do not expect to reach 50k + dps without spending A LOT.

Still, a very fun build and the survivability is pretty nice !
D2 4ever ;)
Since 2011
Last edited by MrPom on Jan 27, 2015, 12:25:12 PM
"
MrPom wrote:
Just a fair warning for anyone interested in trying this build : this is not a beginner-friendly and certainly not cheap build. I'm doing it in Torment atm and so far have spent close to 20 Exalted orbs in the process... and my damage is still under 25k.

Definitely not beginner-friendly, and whoa, that's a lot of Ex! I spent a lot on this build too because I wanted to see how far I could take it, but I think ManicCompression (earlier in this thread) got lucky with his finds and decked himself out for fairly cheap (under 5 Ex). It is hard to roll those chest colors. Did you use Vorici's two color recipe to do it? I think using the red-blue socket recipe is the best bet.

Your damage should reach over 30k in a 5L once you fully level Herald of Thunder and Added Lightning Damage. What level are you now? Do you have any mana issues without the Elreon accessory?

"
Still, a very fun build and the survivability is pretty nice !

Yeah, I've been impressed with survivability too. I run high level Alch'd maps, and while I tend to reroll tougher mods like -resists, I've killed every boss aside from Atziri and done some really silly things that should have ended me but didn't. Still, this is no hardcore build. One thing that absolutely sucks is that Rogue Exile with her explosive zombies. Stay the heck away from her in high level maps.

I'm glad it's fun for you! I love this build's speed and excitement factor; it keeps me on my toes and mows down enemies once you curse them.
Last edited by Tempada on Jan 27, 2015, 10:24:31 PM
According to the Vorici chrom calculator (http://siveran.github.io/calc.html) 1 Red was the cheapest way, i was lucky to get the colors after 3 tries only (though I had previously spent 1500+ like I said :/).

I really hope my damage is going to break the 30k mark soon. Of course I need to change my second sword too.

Anyway thanks for the replies.

PS : I am lvl 88 currently, as a templar (which I respected from fire trap).

Passive skill tree build
D2 4ever ;)
Since 2011
"
MrPom wrote:
Anyway thanks for the replies.

PS : I am lvl 88 currently, as a templar (which I respected from fire trap).

Passive skill tree build

Nice. I like that you fit in both Celestial Judgment and Celestial Punishment. So your tooltip dps might be around 25k, but, unless Cleave tooltip dps is wonky, you're hitting higher than that between shock and elemental resistance penetration.
Now level 93. Updated stats.
Currently at around 50 in Torment I'm using Ondars's Guile and the 3 extra points are worth the investment, espacially against some bad attacks like Multi Chaos bolts from a large group of Snakes/Vaal constructs, corpse spits, Piety's GMP Ice arrows and high lvl Titty bitches (or in Poorjoy's Asylum +160% Dmg ^^).

Lets say we calculate with 75% Evasion (70% your tooltip, but mobs are lower lvl), 40% Dodge and 11% Block.
Thats 0.25*0.6*0.89=13% chance to get hit or 1 of 7.
With Ondar's it is 0.05*0.6*0.89=3% or 1 of 37.

At higher Lvl and Equip, are you really that save and never come into trouble from that?

Because Voidbearers ignore Ondar's, how you handle the Cells Boss? Are 46% Spell Dodge enough to easily bring him down? Atm the Revenant in the Docks Cruel killed me 2 times in seconds before he died despite of my 1,65k dps (was lucky and found Tabula Rasa in the Warden ;-p, but I haven't much +Dmg on Gear, mostly +Res and 2 Elreon Rings, so I don't know if this dps is rather standard)...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info