[2.5] Tempada's Dreamfeather Lightning Flurry Raider: Acro, Alpha's/Blood Dance/QotF, 200k+ DPS

I find it interesting you don't use Whirling Blades. Is it only because you need Leap Slam for CoH setup?
"
I find it interesting you don't use Whirling Blades. Is it only because you need Leap Slam for CoH setup?

It's mostly so I can curse multiple enemies and Fortify all at once, plus I like to leap over gaps. It's not great early on, but it's very effective by late game when you have plenty of attack and movement speed.
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
Not sure if this has been asked already. I have a 6 link Queen of the Forest with 3 Red 2 Green and 1 blue. Can I sub Added Cold Damage for Lightning Penetration and still do the build justice or do I need to Burn Chromatic Orbs for the 3 Red, 2 Blue and 1 Green? If it is really no difference, it would be nice to save the Chromatic Orbs.

Thanks
"
Not sure if this has been asked already. I have a 6 link Queen of the Forest with 3 Red 2 Green and 1 blue. Can I sub Added Cold Damage for Lightning Penetration and still do the build justice or do I need to Burn Chromatic Orbs for the 3 Red, 2 Blue and 1 Green? If it is really no difference, it would be nice to save the Chromatic Orbs.

Hey, yeah, it's fine to leave your colors as-is and use Added Cold instead of Lightning Pen.
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
so im just running the lightning strike version of this build and im wondering are the area of effect nodes on the left side of the tree still worth getting because lightning strike doesnt benefit from area nodes
"
UknownPulse wrote:
so im just running the lightning strike version of this build and im wondering are the area of effect nodes on the left side of the tree still worth getting because lightning strike doesnt benefit from area nodes

Right, "increased Radius of Area Skills" nodes don't do anything for Lightning Strike. Only take them when your main attack gem has the AoE tag.
Updated. The buff to Cleave was greatly needed. I rearranged my AoE tree a bit (removed Celestial Judgement/Punishment and took two jewel nodes instead), finally got my last two Ascendancy points (went Avatar of the Veil for defense), and ultimately ended up with more life, damage, and defense than I had before 2.4.
I played the chaos/poison reave version of the build last league and had a ton of fun, kinda want to give this a shot now though.

I enjoy the synergy between Frenzies and Reave stacks, and enjoy the pressure to go as fast as possible to avoid dropping stacks.

I've got a rough idea set out of links and gear I'll be shooting for, mainly revolving around getting big flat lightning / WED rolls on jewellery and rocking Darkrays for silly amounts of Dodge + MS with Raider. Eventually try to craft a nice pair of Slink gloves with Flat Lightning/AS Essences and corrupt +1 Darkrays again.

Dreamfeather / Soul Taker
Main-Hand: Vaal Reave - FA - Ice Golem
Off-Hand: BM - Blood Rage - Enhance
Helm: Grace - Wrath - HoT - Vaal Haste
Body: Reave - Multistrike - Added Light - Lightning Pen - WED - FA/Conc Effect (colour dependant)
Gloves: Leap Slam - CoH - Conductivity - Fortify
Boots: CWDT - IC - Inc Dur - Vaal Grace

The only thing I can think of is switching Golem onto CWDT or BM and switching Vaal Skills depending on difficulty of content. Maybe Frenzy for boss fights.

I've not played with Leap Slam before, but switching it with Whirling Blades isn't a huge deal if needs be.

Plan is Frenzy + Phase ascendancies.

Anything you think I should note as I go?
Probably going to take less jewel slots and just fill scion wheel to start with until gg jewels appear as it's a relatively fresh league for me.
"
Morelikeew wrote:
I've not played with Leap Slam before, but switching it with Whirling Blades isn't a huge deal if needs be.

I personally love Leap Slam, but it's only really good late game when you've taken AoE nodes, have a ton of attack speed, and can link it to Fortify + Curse on Hit + whatever curse you like.

"
Anything you think I should note as I go?

I haven't leveled this from scratch in a while, but I've heard that Lightning Strike is a good leveling choice. Try leveling that alongside Reave, or maybe try Lacerate. In all my late game testing in this elemental build, Reave falls short of my expectations, but maybe you'll enjoy it.

"
Probably going to take less jewel slots and just fill scion wheel to start with until gg jewels appear as it's a relatively fresh league for me.

Scion life or evasion wheel? Do not take the evasion wheel, aside from the three pathing points. All the other evasion nodes there are a waste!

Have fun :)

"
Tempada wrote:

Scion life or evasion wheel? Do not take the evasion wheel, aside from the three pathing points. All the other evasion nodes there are a waste!

Have fun :)

Life, and maybe I can get an extra Frenzy on the tree, who knows.

Yeah it's always worth trying out a few skills while levelling.

I did use a free respec on standard and roll my old voltaic char to this to play with it, it certainly felt more satisfying than poisoning for low tier maps at least. The only thing I'm worried about is currency for off colours and jewellery, but we'll see how it goes, I managed to get lucky last league.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info