[2.5] Tempada's Dreamfeather Lightning Flurry Raider: Acro, Alpha's/Blood Dance/QotF, 200k+ DPS

Do you have some sort of leveling guide? I'm trying to make a variation of this, but I'm not sure how to level.

Also, why is Cyclone less effective? I find Cleave pretty clunky. Cyclone seems to offer a lot of utility since you can keep moving and can't get stunned.

Also, how is Reave?
Last edited by mimivirus on Mar 6, 2016, 4:22:05 AM
"
Do you have some sort of leveling guide? I'm trying to make a variation of this, but I'm not sure how to level.

Hey, I don't have a step-by-step guide, but I would fill out the right side of the tree before heading over to the Templar area, like this. Dual wield weapons, and level up a variety of attack gems you think you might like, then you can decide later which is your favorite. I've heard people say that Lightning Strike is pretty solid to progress with from the beginning.

"
Also, why is Cyclone less effective? I find Cleave pretty clunky. Cyclone seems to offer a lot of utility since you can keep moving and can't get stunned.

Also, how is Reave?

Cyclone doesn't hit enemies as easily as your other options; essentially you move too fast with Queen of the Forest. I've given it a go at high levels, and the clear speeds are not as good. You might try slowing it down with Hyrri's Ire. Also, a great Cyclone build typically requires a lot of AoE (which you won't get from the tree or gear with this build) or burn prolif (which isn't efficient here since fire scales best off of physical damage - Herald of Ash and Added Fire - and Dreamfeather scales better with flat elemental damage). If you still want to use Cyclone, I'd play as a Trickster Shadow rather than a Ranger.

Stay away from Reave! Its base damage is lower than other skills that allow you to use a one-handed sword. Reave works fine in certain crit builds, but it does not work well here.
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
Hi, thanks for this build. I plan on using whirling blades instead of leap slam to move, does that mean i can replace QotF? Since whirling blades relies on attack speed instead of movement speed
"
whitified wrote:
Hi, thanks for this build. I plan on using whirling blades instead of leap slam to move, does that mean i can replace QotF? Since whirling blades relies on attack speed instead of movement speed

Sure, you can replace QotF, but the only other unique chest that has decent synergy with Dreamfeather is Hyrri's Ire, or you'd need a really high-end evasion rare.

Whirling Blades is probably better while leveling than Leap Slam, but by late game, when you have a lot of attack speed, Leap Slam is great for cursing enemies (LS + Curse on Hit + curse + Fortify), plus you can jump over gaps. You don't get that functionality with Whirling Blades, although you could get the curse functionality with Orb of Storms + Curse on Hit + curse.
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
Last edited by Tempada on Mar 8, 2016, 8:17:19 AM
Is the Cwdt used with Ice golem only to get that off as the Vaal gem dont triger from cwdt?

And what about AA? Should I just activiate it every 5 seconds as it doesn't auto cast?
IGN: Yellovvjack

Pm me if it's a deal!
Last edited by YellovvJack on Mar 11, 2016, 11:05:47 AM
"
YellovvJack wrote:
Is the Cwdt used with Ice golem only to get that off as the Vaal gem dont triger from cwdt?

Exactly.

"
And what about AA? Should I just activiate it every 5 seconds as it doesn't auto cast?

AA acts like an aura and reserves mana. You activate it once per login and it stays on permanently outside of town (unless you do something to turn it off).
I'm going raider with this and im torn between going for frenzy charge chance or onslaught chance with first ascend...

Frenzy charge generation seems easy to get from gear, whereas onslaught.. not so much thinking i might grab it first.. maybe spec out when i have 4 points to throw around...

Thoughts?
"
evilstarship wrote:
I'm going raider with this and im torn between going for frenzy charge chance or onslaught chance with first ascend...

If you're already generating frenzy charges, the Onslaught node is definitely better. On the other hand, since you'll probably want Avatar of the Slaughter later, the first choice depends on whether or not you want to go right for Avatar of the Slaughter or can wait or want to respec after 4 points.
Is wild strike viable as skill?
I noticed it's kinda fast as clearing speed, but i can't test it in lategame :/
If you could please have a little try and tell me, i'd be grateful, after all it's just a little gem switch :)
"
zephyrux88 wrote:
Is wild strike viable as skill?
I noticed it's kinda fast as clearing speed, but i can't test it in lategame :/
If you could please have a little try and tell me, i'd be grateful, after all it's just a little gem switch :)

I've tested Wild Strike before and it's definitely viable, it's just not as good as Lightning Strike or Cleave since damage effectiveness is lower and there's not a lot of physical damage to convert to elemental damage.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info