[2.3] "Vulcan's Exemplar" Crit Dual Strike Slayer with Bino/Catalyst by fiqst

Yeah I meant at least 3.8%.

I actually have 4.8% life regen.

Same tree as the OP
So many strikes within one breath.
But only one strike needed, for certain death.
I went the less-regen southern route and am loving it. If you need more regen you can use two points to get the regen per end charge (and 3 for +1 end charge if you want) below barbarism since End charges are plentiful with the mass kill speed and Daresso's.

I love the kill speed (and my gems are only level 17) and that reflect isn't an issue -- but when it is it's horrible watching your life yo-yo (phys reflect / vuln map). I think part of the problem is a lack of a quality flicker gem, that seems pretty critical to get IC to proc consistently.

Any gear suggestions? I just grabbed some quick buys yesterday to cap resists as best I could.

Spoiler

I clearly need to bless that belt...
really nice gear!

The life regen thing thing is really just my obsession with feeling comfortable. 4.6% + endurance charges is there just so i don't have to have chaos resistance. There are others who play just fine with less regen.

Flicker strike definitely benefits from quality and maxed crit chance. I'd suggest moving the flicker-coc-ic from Bino's to the gloves to be a 4L with increased duration as the fourth gem.

As a side note, you might find the flicker+ds technique in this build to be quite effective at pvp.

I was doing plenty of 1v1's against a variety of opponents and i've found that i could move about to dodge projectiles and whenever i get within 2 body lengths, i could FS-DS-WB in a quick flurry and inflict massive damage, and be outside melee range again. The Bino's regen works well against opponents who restrict leeching.
Took one of my old Crit Dagger toons and gave this a go. Sitting at 92.4%(surprisingly enough Vagan was selling a 15% D-Strike for an alch!) crit rate, I'm not sure if I want to use HoL + CoH + A-Mark just for the 2.6% crit. With HoA + Hatred I sit at 126k DPS in my hide out and 149K with Atziri Flask on. Lack of DPS comes from my current off weapon that needs to have more crafted mods so it'll get there :D

Not 100% sure how to post my gear so I'll just give a basic run down.

Helm - Abyssus +20/41%dmg taken - HoA + Ele Prolif + Inc Burn + Reduced Mana
Chest - Lightning Coil - Dual Strike + Multi + Fire + Wep Ele + Phys
Belt - Doyrani's Invention(Phys) 29% Inc Phys, 34% F-Res, 32%C-Res, 38% L-Res
Gloves - Maligaro's - Flicker + CoC + Enduring + Immortal
Boots - Life, Tri-Res...Light and Cold are great...9% fire..yeesh - CoDT + Immortal + Enduring + T-Chain
Ring 1 - 30% Diamond with Dual Res and Phys
Ring 2 - 30% Diamond with Dual Res and Phys
Amulet - Agate with Crit, Acc Rating, 3% Mana Leech and Light Res too fill in whats left.
Main Weap - Binos w/ Reduced Mana + Hatred + Portal
Off Weap(crafting atm) - Imp Skean w/ Blood Rage and Increased Duration. Trying to decied if I want to put Vaal Grace or Haste in the last slot.

Currently saving up for a 5L Daresso's and plan on replacing enduring cry with a Inc Duration.

I'm not the richest fellow around so I don't focus on getting 6L but I know if I get one and add Phys to Light I'll have a bigger DPS output.

Edit - Something I forgot to mention, with 3 Frenzy's, HoA, Hatred and Flask my DPS is 164k
Nice work.

To answer the question about how to link items here:

Open reply window and click top left portrait, your character's items should appear on screen. Just click an item to link in the post, click stash to be able to link from there too.

Also, you can bring up your tree from the passive tree tab.

About your build:

No Snakebite so i assume you took Addler's touch. Not a bad choice considering all the dagger specific nodes around there

The reason for using Catalyst is because most of our damage is elemental and the catalyst so powerful is boosting all of it, but dual daggers are great and my shadow builds use them. Another reason for Catalyst is the fact that it is quite cheap compared to a decent dagger.

Physical to Lightning is quite important in this build as it protects you from physical reflect. Doing such high damage always leads to accidental death, and P2L gives you an extra couple of seconds to react.

I would suggest dropping added fire to include P2L in your 5L.
I'm using the steam version, I don't see a character portrait so I'm guessing the version I'm using is possibly the reason.

Thanks for the tip about P2L > Fire, I'll swap em out. I also have a back up Duelist that is following your exact passive tree. I decided to pick up a Catalyst with 100% increased ele on it so I'm excited to give it a try. I have a feeling I'll be able to have more of a chance surviving. The Flicker + CoC + Enduring + Immoral is a really great combo and a lot of fun. Since I'm leveling a duelist right now, I am using Snakebites with HoL + CoH + Assassin's.

All in all, either my Shadow or my Duelist. This is one of the funnest builds I've played in a long time. 10/10 would do it again.

This portrait :)
This is what I see. Tried doing the img tag but it showed up as broken D:
http://imgur.com/k1hQIEn
Hello fiqst and guys who like this build,

I have been following this guide and started to run Atziri

however, I failed for the escape the spells from the last boss

any comment for practise?

few ideas for now

1. switch to Lightning strike for attacking
2. dont use abyssus, boost the hp to 5500 hp in this moment
3. dont attack the boss, and escape everything first

thank you

and my equiment

Spoiler

"
hkbutubaman wrote:
Hello fiqst and guys who like this build,

I have been following this guide and started to run Atziri

however, I failed for the escape the spells from the last boss

any comment for practise?

My routine:

first form

I can usually just facetank her. If she casts the mini flameblasts or lightning calls, you have a couple of seconds to dps before running off to find a gap. Avoid the huge double flameblasts.

My deaths that occur here are due to poor timing and reflexes.

split stage

I pop a ruby flask which allows me to eat the initial flamebast, the split dies soon after. Don't forget to refresh blood rage.

add stage

pretty easy, imo

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info