[2.3] "Vulcan's Exemplar" Crit Dual Strike Slayer with Bino/Catalyst by fiqst

This build looks really cool, and pretty cost efficient at the same time... looks like great dps with a 5l.

Couple questions tho.

1. Why not fire pen linked to the HoA? Wouldn't that just be strictly better?

2. This looks solid for leveling... but not sure how you are really gonna make money. Gem leveling OFC, but in std the gem market is a bit saturated atm... thoughts on a cheap boss/rare cull setup?
"
reaperpi wrote:
This build looks really cool, and pretty cost efficient at the same time... looks like great dps with a 5l.

Couple questions tho.

1. Why not fire pen linked to the HoA? Wouldn't that just be strictly better?

2. This looks solid for leveling... but not sure how you are really gonna make money. Gem leveling OFC, but in std the gem market is a bit saturated atm... thoughts on a cheap boss/rare cull setup?

Fire pen does not work with HoA.

This is not an MF build that's true, but I have always held the belief that 5 hours of fast clearing high level maps yields better income than 5 hours of an MF Dominus farm. This build is designed for fast clearing, and can compete with most bow builds for speed.

If you want to make currency, MF is only one way to do it. Other methods include Midnight farming, Atziri farming, Dom farm group with a culler, chaos recipe, or my personal favourite, alching jewellery.

So many strikes within one breath.
But only one strike needed, for certain death.
cool. jewelry alching... makes sense i guess. guess i'll have to try :D
Hey,

would like to get some advice what and how i should upgrade next. I wanted at least some mf so i put in item rarity on HoA and tried to craft some decent mf ring with my addiotnal needs, which wasnt quite successful by now.

This is my torment gear now:

Spoiler

Must say that i got problems with the academy boss and aztiri, but only tried twice (first time ;)). Rest of the maps i can clear with decent speed - dominus hurts though on palace.

Thank you so much.

"
FknZipZap wrote:
Hey,

would like to get some advice what and how i should upgrade next. I wanted at least some mf so i put in item rarity on HoA and tried to craft some decent mf ring with my addiotnal needs, which wasnt quite successful by now.

Must say that i got problems with the academy boss and aztiri, but only tried twice (first time ;)). Rest of the maps i can clear with decent speed - dominus hurts though on palace.

Thank you so much.

Hi there, thanks for trying the build in Torment.

You have some nice gear. IIR-HoA is pretty effective.

If i were to make one change in your gems it would be to swap added fire (R) to P2L (B). It will help quite a bit against reflect and will ultimately give better dps than added fire.

Your helmet is magnificent, but the Bino crit roll is low, i would probably exchange it for a 10%+ roll.

The ammy could do with higher flat phys and some crit multi, but its life, accuracy and resists make it very decent anyway.

I don't see any mana leech so i assume you took Mind Drinker. If so, changing a ring to include mana leech (1% is enough) will give you back those nodes.

Try Vaal Molten Shell against Academy boss, his tornados proc the fire damage so fast he usually kills himself.

Atziri just takes practise. Any build can beat the map once you understand all the timing. Remember to bring a ruby flask for the Queen herself.
Last edited by fiqst on Mar 4, 2015, 8:14:08 AM
perfect advice, thank you :)
Thanks for this great build. It's really cool.
My current torment gear:
Spoiler

Now waiting for q20 gems and 6L Daresso's Defiance, then I think it will be much more funny.
Last edited by Abilat on Mar 8, 2015, 3:45:44 PM
Hi and I'm glad you're enjoying the build.

I will definitely update this build for act4.

My predictions for act4:

- ele prolif will be nerfed by some measure. Not completely removed because that will kill off a fair few builds, but it will be diminished.
- crit I think will stay the same. The last patch was the crit nerf the game needed and I don't think it needs another.
- melee will get some form of parity with ranged builds. I think it will be better defensive options.
- CoC builds will be hit hard, "can't be evaded" in particular.
- Since there is P2L, it stands to reason there will be a P2C and P2F, if this is the case, I plan to experiment with proliferated freeze/chill.

"
fiqst wrote:

- ele prolif will be nerfed by some measure. Not completely removed because that will kill off a fair few builds, but it will be diminished.
- crit I think will stay the same. The last patch was the crit nerf the game needed and I don't think it needs another.
- melee will get some form of parity with ranged builds. I think it will be better defensive options.
- CoC builds will be hit hard, "can't be evaded" in particular.
- Since there is P2L, it stands to reason there will be a P2C and P2F, if this is the case, I plan to experiment with proliferated freeze/chill.

Proliferation is a broken gem, you know this, I know this, everyone knows this. GGG, though, obviously think it's fine since they've been steadily nerfing individual skills and leaving prolif alone. Explosive Arrow - which clears Gorge in 1:43 using bow/quiver which cost 1 chaos - is probably next.

On reddit somewhere, before 1.3 was launched, GGG (forgot who from GGG, sorry) said crit will get a proper look for the 1.4, there was no time before that. That INSANE nerf it already got was just a first measure.

CoC will be getting a "paper" nerf, a meaningless nerf that doesnt do anything.
Hi

Beautiful build !
(My first meele char)

On 72 lvl i have 102k dps with full frenzy/pc. Wow :D

I am waiting for Doryani and 6L Daresso

Gear

The only problem i have is life pool (3,4k).

tree
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQABbUMXxQgFSAV7Ba_GYoZtBqPHKci6iP2JpUoKipNLOkwcTB8NZI2PTpCPC0_J0d-Sn1KyEt4TZJQR1FHU6VW-l8_YEFirGNwZU1nm2egbIxtbG6qcql313fjfyuE2Yd2i0-NfY2_kAqSfZd5mG-ZK5u1naqmf64-sbO1SLXytz65Hb02vYG-p8T2xq7KkMrT1CPWiti93CPdDd2o45_kUeXP53To1u1B7w722vcy-wn8xf4K
IGN: Imoenpl, nieuczdziadajakcharchac
my first POEvid "Hybrid Wander and Atziri fight" http://youtu.be/0e-ffI2cOfY
Last edited by m_flower on Mar 16, 2015, 5:56:26 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info