[2.3] "Vulcan's Exemplar" Crit Dual Strike Slayer with Bino/Catalyst by fiqst

"
stambo4 wrote:
U said HoT, but i dont have enough mana to run 3 auras.Can you explain me how i can do that, i got 566 mana i think.

You'll need all the mana reserved passives (14%) in the Sovereignty cluster in the Templar sector to run HoT. Don't run it if you can't get there.

So many strikes within one breath.
But only one strike needed, for certain death.
"
fiqst wrote:

Really nice equipment! Your gems are still levelling and you'll see significant boosts when you start applying quality to some of them.

The cwdt - EC idea is a good one but I don't see IC in your gem sets.

I don't think I could drop assassins mark for poachers mark, power charges are too important.

The life on hit from poachers is insignificant compared to the life regen from Bino.

What's your current dps value?

Yeah, that cwdt/EC is really handy. In combination with daresso, It keeps endurances maxed all the time, even using the Piccard a lot.

And sorry, forgot to link the Helmet (which contains the piccard IC stuff):

DPS with Hatred, HoA, HoT, MS, Poachers, max frenzies, no pc's is 157k (it was 200kish with pc`s). It's descent enough, most of the time. And you are right, the LoH from Poachers is no big deal, but the MoH helps me a lot.

The one big thing I came to find really useful about Poeachers is that it keeps your frenzies maxed even after burning some of then (to bypass Flicker cooldown), wich leads to a better use of Binos/Snake regen (due to the fact that snakebite just poison enemies at max charges, burning 1 charge to flicker makes the next MS attack non poisonous - not really sure if the Poachers fix this first atack thought).
Last edited by junaum on Nov 22, 2014, 12:06:25 PM
200k is amazing and your gems are still levelling. You're build is looking to be more powerful than my Bino build. Did you make improvements to the tree?

I'll have to try poachers mark out. It could replace the need for blood rage if there's enough leech in the equipment.
"
fiqst wrote:
200k is amazing and your gems are still levelling. You're build is looking to be more powerful than my Bino build. Did you make improvements to the tree?

I'll have to try poachers mark out. It could replace the need for blood rage if there's enough leech in the equipment.

Didn't made much to the three. Your build is pretty cool as is. But I've learned from my old crit-phys-bow-ranger that Accuracy is a bitch. Therefore, I did this small change:

Instead of reaching for Diamond skin (15% res, 6% life), I've got Weathered hunter (14% res, +36% acc).

Plus some acc from the ring:

Poacher's mark dps with accuracy (3 frenzies, hatred, No pc's)

I fell like a coward, but when I use powercharges, the insta-self-kill felling - that's why I opted for a lower dps and more reliability (constant frenzies plus additional endurances from cry). Also, sometimes, in parties with other dps-makers, it can get harder to harvest your frenzies., Still, I`m not sure about any of this, which is cool - room for more theoricrafting.

Dps with Assassins mark (3 frenzies, hatred, 4 pc's):

* Sorry, not really 200k as I wrongly stated.
Last edited by junaum on Nov 23, 2014, 12:49:25 AM
Interesting choice for the tree. I just tried the Weathered Hunter cluster and i feel the gain is underwhelming, compared the the cost.

I get 2% more accuracy and 2.2% more tooltip dps (up 11k dps) but i lose 2.5% health (109) and 1% resistances (irrelevant).

losing 109 life is a bit too much.
Hey Fisq,

Just passing by to share a minor gameplay improvement for the build.

I've being noticing that Flicker-strike's Frenzy-to-bypass-cooldown aspect eventually screwed Vulcan's regeneration system (which is dependable on having max frenzies). That's probably my fault for over-using the flicker (to jump quickly from wiped group to wiped group) but still, I like the fast paced aspect of this build.

So I started to use Whirling Blades instead of it. What I found out was that WB not only save our frenzies but uses only the dagger, so every usage of WB is based on the highest critical weapon we have (I guess Flicker alternates between the 2 weapons). That means greater chance to proc Immortal Call. It also hits more than one mob per strike (more Immortal Call procs). Anyway, you probably had it already tested it with WB - what yours thoughts on it?

Using WB and retaining frenzys at max is possibly more effective, but I use flicker so I can target enemies. I usually target a mob in the middle of a pack so that Ash can spread to the most number of enemies.

I haven't tested WB as the teleport skill, but I have always assumed that you can't really target an enemy with the skill, only move in a general direction, so you may or may not be within MS distance when you strike.

But if it works, it works. And by doing so, saves a gem slot so it's a big bonus. Also, WB hits multiple enemies, and maybe procs linked gems more often. I will do testing on this. Thanks for the suggestion.

On the mechanic of main hand / off hand functions, I have been doing a lot of testing:

The question is with alternating attacks that alternate hands, do they go:

1. Main flicker, main MS, off flicker, off MS?

2. Main flicker, off MS, main flicker, off MS?

3. Does a second attack "reset" the first?
ie. Main flicker, main ms, main flicker, main ms

I did testing with a white lvl 1 main and mirrored dagger off, and vice versa.

I found that it is option 3, it uses the main hand (right hand) every time.

What this means is the Bino does all the damage, so the flicker/ms attack sequence has the crit chance of the Bino every time so it outputs more damage than the tooltip suggests.
Cool.

Flicker might be actually irreplaceable... Just did another interesting test: Monitored the Life regen stat on the character panel. The life regen do not drop when your frenzies get low - it remains for the full 2 seconds of Bino's buff.

Therefore there is no downside in using flicker. Because even when we are bailing out from a pack, stuff are still dying and frenzies are being generated. And if not, the regen won't stop, giving you window to refresh it by killing another mob (and maxing frenzies up again).

So, the WB thing might become just an option (multi hits = more procs) or for entertainment purposes, but It is not as good and functional as flicker.
Great!

Thanks for testing. I have known that the flicker strike is the hit that does the first poison, so the regen is based on the flicker.

Thats why I have these gloves in my stash:

Flicker
Immortal Call
Inc Duration

The blue can be crit damage/crit ctrikes/PCoC for max flicker damage and more regen.

The downside is that the CoC has only 49% to proc.
Now that's some very nice gloves. You let me know if you consider selling that item =)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info