GnGEmpire wrote:
Hey man awesome guide!

Thanks!

update:
-added pretty graphics
-added a bargain build: 95k dps with 10ex gear
-added bargain build vid
So many strikes within one breath.
But only one strike needed, for certain death.
Last edited by fiqst on Nov 17, 2014, 7:46:02 AM
Does "% increased spell damage" suffix affect the HoA? Got an amulet with 26% but it doesn't affect the tooltip data.
Fantastic awesome guide.

When I learn The Picard Maneuver I discover a new world. Ss my favourite trik in this game for my playstyle. the Dps is great and bino's + snakebite + Catalyst are perfect.

Tnx man most interesting build for duoùelist IMHO.
"
junaum wrote:
Does "% increased spell damage" suffix affect the HoA? Got an amulet with 26% but it doesn't affect the tooltip data.

According to the wiki:

"Herald of Ash is a cast and Not a Spell and accordingly receives no bonuses from spell modifiers".

So your amulet does not affect it.

"
Squiki wrote:
Fantastic awesome guide.

When I learn The Picard Maneuver I discover a new world. Ss my favourite trik in this game for my playstyle. the Dps is great and bino's + snakebite + Catalyst are perfect.

Tnx man most interesting build for duoùelist IMHO.

Thank you very much!
The annoying thing about melee skills is the fact you have to physically move to your target, opening yourself to stun locks, this is why cyclone is superior. The Picard Maneuver sends you instantly into melee range, while avoiding projectiles and getting stunned.
Indeed, that's what I thought as well.

But it's kind of funny: HoA has "Spell" on the tooltip describiton. HoT don't (and actully looks like a spell - btw, does it benefit from the ammy?)
Currently experimenting with a new armour:

Its turning out to work ridiculously well with the build.

The main use is the generation of endurance charges. 1 per kill. Killing 3 in a row (which happens most of the time) maxes my endurance charges.

Now for the magic:

The Picard Maneuver, as outlined in the build, uses flicker strike to close in on enemies, its the very first attack used on a group of enemies. The flicker strike has 95% chance to crit (100% with AM).

Flicker is connected to cast on crit - immortal call - increased duration:

This grants me immunity to physical damage every time i flicker. With max charges IC lasts 6 seconds. When the mobs are dead, i'm back to having max charges again for the next group.

Some disadvantages:

Ranged mobs can easily attack me and cancel my charges, but doing so also boosts my dps by 45k for 3 seconds!

There's no charge generation against bosses, so on those occasions increased duration is swapped with enduring cry, so the flicker now casts EC-IC.

More testing needs to be done but this chest may be the BiS for this build and playstyle.

UPDATE:

CLICK HERE FOR STATS

Advantages over coil:

- No need to fill the missing 60 lightning resist.
- Better dps jewellery available
- The physical conversion of the coil is doesn't compare to near constant IC
- No reliance on cwdt
- Slight dodge boost
- Big boost to armour (+700)
- Better dps jewellery and Onslaught gives +25% dps (200k/250k)
Last edited by fiqst on Nov 18, 2014, 9:51:40 AM
What about people not using that Atziri's gloves but Snake Bite plus Ezomyte helm. Coil is the one thing between my ass and that "plus 40% physical damage". Does the endurance/IC thing compensates that? Have you tried this new chest with that glove/helm?
Yep, did testing with bino's and snakebite as well.

Flickering into an enemy starts IC, which stays up for 6 seconds, long enough to kill the whole group and move onto the next with full charges. Daresso's chest works better since I use flicker strike a lot.

Of course, casting IC manually works just as well.

I'll make a video showing the effect later today.
How do you get such long duration for the Immortal Call?
Last edited by junaum on Nov 18, 2014, 9:23:08 PM
"
junaum wrote:
How do you get such long duration for the Immortal Call?

The 6 lasts for less than a second so its more like 5.3 seconds or so.

Not sure of all of the modifiers that make up that IC duration.

Click on picture for video of the build in action

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info