Build of the Week Season 3 Episode 6: Leap Slam Dyadus Ignite Shadow

"
DexDeus wrote:
"
JdKhan wrote:
Good fun build.
But ..
Please for the love of God, .. have BOTW on PoE's youtube channel with the link posted in forum.
Gamespot's video hosting is HORRIBLE.

Yeah i also much prefer youtube but they will generate more publicity for the game if they but content on gamespot so i dont begrudge them it

Yes please, I can't even watch the BoTW videos on my mobile device. I have to wait until I get home to watch it because Gamespot sucks.
"
monkuar wrote:

It's called semantics lol. Charan's english is actually pretty damn good so I wouldn't quote battle him regarding definitions anymore if I were you :)

Yeah, I see what you mean. He did already mess up though - His original quote was stating that I imply all BOTW submission to be hardcore viable. Now he's stating that you can infer that much due to my rejection of this feature.

Well, I adressed a couple of qualities which I find this build lacking: clearspeed, clunkiness, and defenses; any of which could suffice for a build to be interesting. However, he decides to nitpick on one single clause, that it isn't hardcore-viable, and decides to conclude that I dislike the build because of it?

Well gee, I hope that isn't the case, because that would only show a blend of faulty reading comprehension and insecurity. Everyone around here seems to get so butthurt about softcore/hardcore viability, it's as though it's some sort of wiener-measuring contest. Then again, it's the internet.
"
lucksickle wrote:
"
monkuar wrote:

It's called semantics lol. Charan's english is actually pretty damn good so I wouldn't quote battle him regarding definitions anymore if I were you :)

Yeah, I see what you mean. He did already mess up though - His original quote was stating that I imply all BOTW submission to be hardcore viable. Now he's stating that you can infer that much due to my rejection of this feature.

Well, I adressed a couple of qualities which I find this build lacking: clearspeed, clunkiness, and defenses; any of which could suffice for a build to be interesting. However, he decides to nitpick on one single clause, that it isn't hardcore-viable, and decides to conclude that I dislike the build because of it?

Well gee, I hope that isn't the case, because that would only show a blend of faulty reading comprehension and insecurity. Everyone around here seems to get so butthurt about softcore/hardcore viability, it's as though it's some sort of wiener-measuring contest. Then again, it's the internet.

My post from reddit:

"Most boring, slow paced piece of shit build I've ever seen. Seriously, please stop with the slow clear speed builds man!
2:55 " The clear speed at higher level maps is a lot better than what we intended ". Oh bullshit Chris, lol. You know damn well why you wanted to say that, haha."

Charan's point is valid though. Technically clear speed isn't a factor if the build is unique and for the Build of the Week series. But our points about the clear speed being slow as snails is true too. Both are correct, but I just believe advertising the game with slow clear speed builds seems unituitive. but guess what, we don't run GGG so we just have to accept what it is, and keep giving them the criticism until they listen.

That's all we can do as players.
"Good thing they nerfed the carto, it wasn't fun to find one in every map." - Haborym
Last edited by monkuar on Oct 7, 2014, 8:25:05 PM
"
monkuar wrote:

Yup. I agree.
I think it's great that GGG is working with Gamespot to host the BOTW series--it's a good move to promote exposure. I'm curious, though, if we could talk Gamespot into hosting the BOTW series on YouTube as well as their own site?

I see that GGG uploads the series to their channel;
https://m.youtube.com/user/grindinggear
however, it wouldn't seem right to also advertise GGG's channel while offering Gamespot to host the series.

I mention this because web embedded videos buffer like we're in the Stone Age days of 56k when I'm using a mobile device (which is like 99% of the time these days), and youtube's mobile site seems to be about the only place I can view video content with any sense of modern quality. It would be immensely appreciated ^-^ as well as likely offer greater exposure!

At the very least, on my behalf I can say that after ~4 minutes of buffering on Gamespot's website, I closed tab and asked the Google machine to find the video on YouTube, which led me to GGG's channel.
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
Last edited by CanHasPants on Oct 9, 2014, 12:32:50 PM
"
CanHasPants wrote:
I think it's great that GGG is working with Gamespot to host the BOTW series--it's a good move to promote exposure.

If you haven't seen it yet, look at my post on this same page. Hosting the BotW series on a site that runs RMT banner ads for the very game being featured promotes RMT, which Chris and GGG claim to be against.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info