1.2.3 Patch Notes

"
Shaeltal wrote:
"
Qarl wrote:
The price of the "of Crafting" mod (which grants the ability to have multiple crafted mods) has been changed from one Divine Orb to two Exalted Orbs.

As a person who offers Rampage free level 8 Elreon/Tora crafting service, this saddens me.

I've made a conscious effort to try and BRING DOWN the price of good bows, bows that will allow people to enjoy their builds and enjoy the game. After a, what, month or so of public crafting, I've noticed that bows have significantly dropped in price and availability from everyone flooding the market with 300+ dps bows, crafting them cheaply, and trying to flip them to make a profit.

If you think about it, this really is no longer an ARPG about finding loot. Its about grinding your alterations and saving up to trade someone who got lucky. I've been playing PoE for quite a long time now, and I've self-found perhaps 8-10 exalteds over 2 year period. Never seen a Shavs/Mjolner drop. Haven't seen an Eternal either, and I'm no casual player. Very disheartening.

The amount of people I made happy by crafting them a 300-400 dps bow that costed them in total about 1-2 exalts to make was staggering. Why? Because its RIDICULOUSLY hard to find a comparable one yourself.

This change only exacerbates the price of Exalteds. I thought I remember reading somewhere that Divines were actually twice as rare as Exalteds. If economics ever teaches anyone anything, its that eventually, supply meets demand, and an appropriate price point is reached.

Divines in Rampage have been steadily rising from 12 chaos to 16-20 chaos now. From what I've heard, Divines are 1 Exalted in Standard. What is the point of changing the price of Elreon's Multimod? To make it harder to craft a good bow? Okay. So what ends up happening is this (for Rampage at least)

1) Exalteds are now even more expensive.
2) The 300+ DPS bows go back to being 4+ Exalts. Same for the 300+ dps daggers, and 200 pDPS wands.
3) Divines fall back down in price because their specified use for min-maxing is all that is left. Again. They're still very hard to find though.

TL;DR
- All the current 300+ dps bows get their prices artificially inflated by 2 exalts (or more). Same for the good wands and daggers.
- New players have a larger currency grind ahead of them in order to get a good weapon.
- Exalt prices rise
- Divine prices fall
- Fun for players reduced due to slower itemization.

You sir, have hit the mark with this post. This is exactly how I have felt about the game for the last six months. It is why I stopped giving my money to GGG, It's constantly NERFS. Path of Nerfs.
- FUN FOR PLAYERS REDUCED every single patch GGG releases.
- Sadistic GGG developers, when you were children many of you must of liked holding a magnifying glass while burning ants.
- I've never ever seen a sucessful company make money while selling less of a product to it's customers.
- You could reduce all of your shop items by 75% and I wouldn't buy any. Why would I not buy any of your shop items if you had such a sale, because I wouldn't want to devalue my hard earned money. Since your constantly nerfing things. Once I sen the money I can't get it back when you devalue it and you devalue it every patch you nerf builds/items/etc... The worst investment I could make is to give money to a company that doesn't value me as a customer, a company that doesn't protect my investment is not worth my investment of capital.
- GGG, you obviously don't listen to your community of players nor do you seem to care.
- Desync is still alive and needs to be fixed, but it's probably better that your working on new content or nerfing existing content. That plan obviously makes much more sense.
- Being an Ostrich is fun, heads in the sand GGG.
- GGG and it's developers just remind me of the type of people you meet at various jobs, everyone knows the type: They come to work everyday and do more work trying to find ways to actually not work. The desync issue is a prime example of this. It must be a real hard fix for you guys, to have gone on for this long, it must be actual real hard work to have to sit down and try to figure out how to rectify it. It's just much easy for you to do more things to get out of actual work, like adding in new content and nerfing existing content, thats by far much easier.
- NERFS 95% of the time are not a good thing for the health of a game.
- Most play video games for Escapism from Real Life, when you make a gaming experience feel like work, it feels like reality. Your current patch notes will make the game feel even more so like a chore to play rather than a saving grace.
- I personally don't support nerfs. why do i continue to play, my time investment has value to me. Besides your company GGG is footing the bill, thanks for that atleast. When you start buffing things you've nerfed and bring back awesome things from the past then my wallet will open, until then thanks for the free game.

Last edited by Sandwich69 on Sep 27, 2014, 4:09:50 PM
"
Shaeltal wrote:
"
Qarl wrote:
The price of the "of Crafting" mod (which grants the ability to have multiple crafted mods) has been changed from one Divine Orb to two Exalted Orbs.

If you think about it, this really is no longer an ARPG about finding loot. Its about grinding your alterations and saving up to trade someone who got lucky. I've been playing PoE for quite a long time now, and I've self-found perhaps 8-10 exalteds over 2 year period. Never seen a Shavs/Mjolner drop. Haven't seen an Eternal either, and I'm no casual player. Very disheartening.

Oh please. It's the same as Diablo 2. I played Diablo 2 for YEARS, never found a Crown of Ages though... Same logic here, you never found a mjolner? What to do? Trade? why? Because the game has an economy! Just like D2 did, this game is no different.

Grind / Farm save up for exalts, buy your shavs / mjolner. It's not hard man, it's actually still true to the roots of the aRPG genre.
"Good thing they nerfed the carto, it wasn't fun to find one in every map." - Haborym
Last edited by monkuar on Sep 27, 2014, 4:08:29 PM
What I feel is the problem here, that end-game content was too difficult in previous leagues - getting 250dps, let alone 300dps weapon (I remember trying to sell my 300dps axe for... 6ex? iirc) was pretty hard, and only options to get them was either 1)get lucky alching/finding one, 2)buying one (but the actually good ones were real expensive) or 3)crafting one, where the last being ridiculously expensive task as well. GGG went in good direction, allowing people to craft things easier with masters (please, oh PLEASE, add an option to turn blue item into yellow one without adding a pre/sufix like regal orb does, for lets say, 10-30C) BUT they apparently didnt expect people to use that system so much or underappriciated crafted weapons. Now everybody can craft a 300dps 1h or 250dps high crit weapon for ~20chaos, which on one hand is GOOD, because it allows people to actually /progress/ and /enjoy/ the map system instead of making it an annoying grind in look for a better weapon (arguably thats the whole idea of this game, but thats another topic), on the other hand, its BAD, because getting a pretty OP weapon takes only about 20 chaos - compared to old crafting, thats a joke.
Now, what I think would 'fix' crafting is rising the price of multimod (dont start jeering yet), BUT making the price in chaos orbs (anywhere between 50 and 75 chaos, 60 sounds fairly reasonable to me, considering exalts used to cost more or less 30C most of the time). This would make crafting stronger weapons more expensive, thus being an achievement for casual/not so rich players, while not boosting already inflated exalt price. Since you can get chaos from rare item recipe, everybody should be able to afford such weapon after 'few maps' and/or 'some' trading, allowing everybody to have fun mapping (which is considered end game content in PoE and should be available for EVERYBODY.
Whats most important, this wouldnt feel (okay, it would, but at least not as much) like first giving a kid a lollipop, and then taking it back. Having played PoE for 1k hours and participating in every hardcore league, I had a total of FOUR exalts drop for me. Sure, better weapons should cost more than 20C, but in this case setting the price of multimod to 2ex feels kinda bad. Being able to craft TWO good weapons for over a THOUSAND HOURS of gameplay? That just feels wrong.
And then, self found people. I know a guy that has probably over 1k hours in PoE as well, helped designing and founding one of the uniques, and only plays self-found (for whatever reason I dont understant, but thats how he rolls). I bet accumulating 50 or 60C (that theoretical new multimod price) would sure take him a while, since chaos drops and rare item chaos recipe are only ways for him to amass the currency, but changing mod price to 2ex would pretty much make him never being able to craft a weapon he likes.
Last but not the least - weapons crafted by masters are sure great, but they arent tier 1 - which is GOOD, cause crafting a 450dps weapon still requires you to use the old (hard) way. So there still is place for improvement, for those few people that actually fight (uber) Atziri and run lvl 78 maps with turbo and GMP.

TL;DR:
- higher price for mutlimod - GOOD
- that price being in exalts - BAD
- make that price in chaos - GOOD
- doing stuff like this mid-league - BAD
- (personal request) add an option to regal an item via crafting bench WITHOUT adding a random prefix/suffix, make it cost like 10 or 20 regals - GOOD (I guess? honk if you agree)

And finally - can we PLEASE get SOME feedback FROM THE STAFF about changing multimod price from 2ex to whatever amount of chaos orbs?
"
benjiwoosh wrote:
add an option to regal an item via crafting bench WITHOUT adding a random prefix/suffix, make it cost like 10 or 20 regals - GOOD (I guess? honk if you agree)

2-affix rare are already ingame: transmute white to 1-affix blue, alter if needed, regal. Reroll if needed, obviously.
I haven't tested, but it should be possible to get a no-suffix or no-prefix rare that way.
you could've just made the multicraft mod cost 10 chaos and have each mod applied cost twice as much as the previous one, so that the first mod (after multi) costs 2x, the second is 3x, the third is 4x, etc.

that'd slow down the people crafting 1 magic regal'd items and it'd still be useful for players that aren't insanely wealthy.

this is just going to return 1handers over 200dps and bows over 260ish dps to the realms of 'can't obtain without insanely lucky drops (see shavs/mjolner/windripper etc) or grinding for months' and it'll relegate all crit bow builds to using infractem.

its just a bad change. nothing should cost an actual exalted orb until we can craft one from a recipe/buy one from a vendor, even at an exorbitant price.

also, yeah, the masters have some awful 'deals', like tora's appalling chromatics and the vendor recipe, 3 jewellers for a chromatic? jewellers are, by themselves, worth twice as much.

please be more aware of the state of the game's economy when you make vast sweeping changes to it. hire an economist if you need to, but really, anyone who plays the game can tell you this is a horrible change for the economy as a whole.
"
monkuar wrote:

Oh please. It's the same as Diablo 2. I played Diablo 2 for YEARS, never found a Crown of Ages though... Same logic here, you never found a mjolner? What to do? Trade? why? Because the game has an economy! Just like D2 did, this game is no different.

Grind / Farm save up for exalts, buy your shavs / mjolner. It's not hard man, it's actually still true to the roots of the aRPG genre.

do you not understand that you can't just 'grind' for 35+ exalts?

that isn't how the economy works. you can grind for chaos, or alterations/jewellers/fusings, and to less of an extent chromatics. you can trade them up for exalts. a dedicated player can probably make about 5 chaos an hour on average.

assuming they have a job, or go to school, thats about 25-30c a day. if they do nothing else.

so, about a month, of just grinding, to buy the drop off someone who was fortunate enough to just have it fall into their laps.

i understand thats a familiar concept in ARPGs, but that doesn't mean it isn't a godawful one.
"
The rarity of higher tiers of the flat Physical Damage weapon mods have been adjusted.

RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIP bow/weapon crafting
fkxLegacySpectral : lvl 97 Raider ST HowA [Legacy]
fkxBreachSlayer : lvl 95 Slayer Blade Flurry [Breach]
fkxCrockett : lvl 94 Saboteur Ice Trap [Perendus]
fkxRampage : lvl 94 Witch Fireball [Rampage]
fkxShadow : lvl 95 Shadow FP/CI [open beta]
The changes to Herald of Ice are gonna be so awesome *,..,*

And Haku/Tora changes sound great. No more totem danmaku, and maybe no more packs of exploding spiders. The giant albino spider boss scared the hell out of my every time though ._.

Elreon mission changes seem a mixed bag. I had no trouble defending multiple relics, and now you are making it harder to defend just one. Guess it was too easy as it was.

The destroy missions were pretty balanced for my dps at least, so I guess I'll need to step it up.

I HAD been wondering why Elreon only seemed to sell greatswords and battle axes, good to know it was unintended.

I also had found it funny to kill the targets after Vorici mission completion, sometimes right in front of him...so no more free loot I guess.
as it stands, i've only EVER FOUND ONE ex solo and i've been playing for quite some time i have a couple thousand hours logged...

the fact is this is the worst possible direction GGG could have gone in, make it 50 chaos or something

another thing GGG good job on monday you'll increase RMT sales 200x from people who have bad luc with drops as if RMT wasn't a bad enough problem it's now going to explode like it did, remember OB and the HUGE rmt issue then? yeah...RIP
"
Qarl wrote:

[li]The rarity of higher tiers of the flat Physical Damage weapon mods have been adjusted.[/li]

And this means?

Less good rolls, or more good rolls?

- Thanks

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info