1.2.3 Patch Notes

"
grinvader wrote:
"
benjiwoosh wrote:
add an option to regal an item via crafting bench WITHOUT adding a random prefix/suffix, make it cost like 10 or 20 regals - GOOD (I guess? honk if you agree)

2-affix rare are already ingame: transmute white to 1-affix blue, alter if needed, regal. Reroll if needed, obviously.
I haven't tested, but it should be possible to get a no-suffix or no-prefix rare that way.

Its not quite what I had in mind - affix (pre or sufix) given my regal orb is RANDOM, making it very hard to roll a proper mod while regaling an item. Ive rolled five regals on a bow before giving up (all I wanted is attack speed, crit chance, crit damage or % phys) - what I got was 1-20 fire damage, 30% cold res, 3 life gained on hit, 200 accuracy and finally 1-7 (!) lightning damage. Id rather roll 8-11% attack speed with masters, rather than regal another 5, 10 or 20 times before rolling a REASONABLE mod.
And dont tell me 'its fine the way it is because bla bla' - making the cost of regal via crafter 10 or 20 regular regal cost would fix that. (It would cost more or less the same as rerolling the item x times, just taking less time)
"
Pathological wrote:
I came back to the game with the release of masters because master crafting means I can make reasonable progress to the moderately good (but not great) gear at reasonably low cost.

With these changes, these things revert back to essentially unobtainable to a player like me, meaning that I will go back to playing other games.

Thanks for a month of fun high level gameplay ggg. See you next time you screw up and make endgame fun, I guess.

yup
great game to bad I will have to hope they get a clue.
on another side note herald of ice buf is really freakin nice!!! i got incinerate char with hoi + freeze chance nodes (6 pnts) + frostbite cwdt = freeze everything without having to take crit nodes!! (freeze chance takes much less investment of point than crit)
[quote="Mark_GGG"]damage modifiers don't can currently can't apply to degen.[/quote]
"Getting all life nods on passive tree should give additional survival, not the mandatory basic survival."
.\1.2/
..\3/
[img]http://ertaislament.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/pentavus.jpg[/img]
"The price of the "of Crafting" mod (which grants the ability to have multiple crafted mods) has been changed from one Divine Orb to two Exalted Orbs."

Please reconsider the form of currency required for this. Failing that, add a vendor recipe or make Exalted Orbs purchasable from an NPC. The increased cost may be merited for this mod but unless you can pay for it with something you can farm reliably, this puts it out of the reach of most players.

I imagine it would be even more infuriating for people competing in the "meh" 3 month races. Perhaps you should at least hold off until that is over.

I cast my lot with most folks around here though. I think a large number of Chaos Orbs would be tolerable, unlike the two Exalted Orbs price in this version of the patch notes. I have been playing (casually) since just before Anarchy started and have found exactly 2 Exalts in that time. My brother found his first just this week (and nearly deafened me with his triumphant shout when it dropped.) Exalts are not appropriate for mid level crafting; unless you play Path of Trading they are just way too scarce.

The rest of the patch looks good to me - even the "nerf" to Vorici missions. It is logical that the person you are scaring not be allowed to die before spreading the word. I look forward to more variety in the Master missions.
"Sing while you may!" -Edward Ka-Spel
Last edited by tsalal on Sep 28, 2014, 5:13:41 AM
"
Exalts are not appropriate for mid level crafting; unless you play Path of Trading they are just way too scarce.

This.
Forgive me, I'm a bit late in making this statement, but why are we adding expansion content when we still don't have a trading system?

Additionally, why are performance issues not overhauled? It seems POE is building outward but not up.

Lastly, I feel like the actual gameplay is being overlooked. Half the time I don't even know why I die (boss was somewhere close, FPS drops, desync, splat).

Please change direction.
"
beefnuggy wrote:
Forgive me, I'm a bit late in making this statement, but why are we adding expansion content when we still don't have a trading system?

Additionally, why are performance issues not overhauled? It seems POE is building outward but not up.

Lastly, I feel like the actual gameplay is being overlooked. Half the time I don't even know why I die (boss was somewhere close, FPS drops, desync, splat).

Please change direction.

+1

As good as it might be to add new content in i hope the devs realise that their current system can't keep up with new stuff and needs to be worked on sooner rather than later.

Some of the things that are already fps killers:
- fracture
- ground effects
- shrines
- multiple casts at once (PCoC builds)
- single/multiple explosions(discharge, killing groups of mobs with crit shatter coupled with Herald of Ice)
- strongboxes, especially one with exiles in them

I'm sure i forgot a couple but that's at least the start of the list. I don't need to talk about desync we all know it shit, they know it's shit but they don't know how or don't want to deal with it.
IGN: FoughtBledAndWeptForGod, WoE_HitoZ

stream: http://www.twitch.tv/hitokirizoro
"
tsalal wrote:
"The price of the "of Crafting" mod (which grants the ability to have multiple crafted mods) has been changed from one Divine Orb to two Exalted Orbs."

Please reconsider the form of currency required for this. Failing that, add a vendor recipe or make Exalted Orbs purchasable from an NPC. The increased cost may be merited for this mod but unless you can pay for it with something you can farm reliably, this puts it out of the reach of most players.

QFT

In a kneejerk rush to nerf availability of highend crit weapons (really, this whole drama is about daggers and bows) the change makes midrange crafting all the more pointless. What casual/intermediate player is going to waste the few Ex he has, if even that, on a piece of armor or jewelry at this rate? He's still going to have that dagger crafted for him. Reaching lvl 8 with Elreon himself is out of the question for him anyway.

Meanwhile players who consider 2 Ex spare change are completely unaffected, and already have a stash tab full of Ambushers ready to profit from the price increase.

FM, marketed on the outset as a boon to casual and self-found players, is turning out to fall in line with the old POE paradigm of trade2win.

Shop closed until further notice. Check out my Dominus musical tribute instead:
https://soundcloud.com/hackproducer0815/dominus
"
beefnuggy wrote:

Please change direction.

The guy working on the trading probably isn't the same guy who makes the deer pet.
Please, hurry up with that translation and release the game on Steam for CIS countries.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info