2.3 Fakener (budget fake Mjölner) build - Trickster Version

"
jeffadkins51 wrote:
Also what about these boots to start with for a budget build until I can afford some good ones, is there any reason not to use these things? Heck, they seem like they'd even be good end-game until you desperately need the resists and stuff? Maybe even get a perf roll pair and use them forever if I can get resists elsewhere?

Also, one more question, I'm pretty sure it is, but I just want to verify, this dagger I bought today will work with the build quite well, correct?

Also, is Saffel's Frame still the ideal shield to be using even though the 1.3 tree has us taking Vaal Pact? I noticed that the OP's post has him using a different shield in the 1.3 torment league even though he could surely afford a Saffel's Frame?

The main reason to use saffel's is +4% to max ress. this build has very high dps and it means high damage as reflect. to neglect it you want lightning ress as high as possible.

plus it has 14% all ress and 20-30% spell damage.
and another nice thing is spell block, although its not high enough with this build. you can block the damage reflected to you (rarely but still nice)
Last edited by PowerToys on Feb 1, 2015, 11:23:54 AM
Been trying and waiting for a good vagan dagger and it's not happening.

I feel I have to go a fast high crit ambusher and just suck it up and get some accuracy.
IGN: PurpleTrapperPuppet / Perandus
Last edited by ElPuppet on Feb 3, 2015, 8:04:33 AM
I'm a scrub at leveling, what would be the best route to level this build?
Hi mates.

I'm trying this build and just reached lvl 35, lvling with reave and whirling blades.

Right now I started to use my 5L Voll's with Cyclone + BM + Discharge + CoC + Life Leech.

I have 1.1k HP and it is impossible right now to rely on Cyclone, even with life leech, because it's blood thirsty and I can barely kill 2 enemies without having my HP drained to 2%...

I started to follow the tree to the right of the shadow, reaching the scion area and got almost all the life nodes from the Constitution big wheel. Now I'm picking the crit nodes on the shadow side and I'll go up to pick Nightstalker. After that I'l get Acrobatics and Ondar's and lastly I'll continue on the scion tree to get the crit nodes there.

It seems this build is only able to start to use Cyclone + BM with a greater HP pool, when a much higher lvl. Vaal Pact early on doesn't seem to pay off too, as I'm struggling to leech life enough to maintain Cyclone and have survivability.

Is that ok or am I doing something wrong?

Here's my tree right now: http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYBD6sTnha_JpUqOCpNNZI64T8nRXxKyEtXUUxTNVVLXfJh4m6qb559W34zgwmMNpeXm7WkkalurEe0OLXywOPDOspK2L3lGfGz8kX79f4K_o8=

I would appreciate any help.

Cheers.
Last edited by opethsland on Feb 4, 2015, 2:14:53 PM
"
opethsland wrote:
Hi mates.

I'm trying this build and just reached lvl 35, lvling with reave and whirling blades.

Right now I started to use my 5L Voll's with Cyclone + BM + Discharge + CoC + Life Leech.

I have 1.1k HP and it is impossible right now to rely on Cyclone, even with life leech, because it's blood thirsty and I can barely kill 2 enemies without having my HP drained to 2%...

I started to follow the tree to the right of the shadow, reaching the scion area and got almost all the life nodes from the Constitution big wheel. Now I'm picking the crit nodes on the shadow side and I'll go up to pick Nightstalker. After that I'l get Acrobatics and Ondar's and lastly I'll continue on the scion tree to get the crit nodes there.

It seems this build is only able to start to use Cyclone + BM with a greater HP pool, when a much higher lvl. Vaal Pact early on doesn't seem to pay off too, as I'm struggling to leech life enough to maintain Cyclone and have survivability.

Here's my tree right now: http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYBD6sTnha_JpUqOCpNNZI64T8nRXxKyEtXUUxTNVVLXfJh4m6qb559W34zgwmMNpeXm7WkkalurEe0OLXywOPDOspK2L3lGfGz8kX79f4K_o8=

Cheers.

try switching cyclon with molten strike or dual strike. it should solve it.
"
opethsland wrote:
Hi mates.

Cheers.

Idk whats wrong with your HP, I have 900 and can sustain 106 mana cost cyclone with life leech np o_O use more hp potions maybe?
I use life flasks regularly but I don't see enough life leech to sustain Cyclone... As Vaal Pact prevents life regen and applies life leech with 40% of efectiveness, I really don't get what's going wrong, because I'm also using the life leech gem...

I changed Cyclone for Reave, as it's the same gem colour and things got better, but I'm still worried when I'll be able to run Cyclone and hope I didn't screw the tree progression and selected Vaal Pact too early...
If you take VP too early a few things can happen.

a) your LL gem will be too low lvl so leech is not as effective
b) your Discharge gem will be too low lvl so you wont leech as much since it wont do as much dmg
c) your CoC gem will not be high enough and not enough CoC procs to leech back from discharge
d) your Crit Chance will not be high enough so you wont be CoC'ing enough to leech back quick enough
e) your Accuracy rating will be too low and you wont be proccing CoC enough

Definitely a lot of factors to consider before getting Vaal Pact.

-p3dr0maz

"
opethsland wrote:
I use life flasks regularly but I don't see enough life leech to sustain Cyclone... As Vaal Pact prevents life regen and applies life leech with 40% of efectiveness, I really don't get what's going wrong, because I'm also using the life leech gem...

I changed Cyclone for Reave, as it's the same gem colour and things got better, but I'm still worried when I'll be able to run Cyclone and hope I didn't screw the tree progression and selected Vaal Pact too early...
IGN: RawbinHewd
At lvl 35 I was also unable to sustain Cyc/BM/CoC/Discharge. Early leveling best strategy was to use Molten Strike / MultiStrike/ CoC/ Discharge. Molten Strike's mana cost is like 7. Easy peezy can run it on mana if you want probably. I did.

"
opethsland wrote:
Hi mates.

Cheers.
IGN: RawbinHewd
i hope someone is capable to help me.

i played this build for just 1 day.
I left this build after i died so easily against a pack of ele reflecters

i had mirrored dagger with 100 spell dmg 2aps 9crit "hit cant evade"

i played fully lifed around 4k

i played fully dodge , evasion passive tree

my dps tooltip on discharge was 58k dps . one of the highest for that build (at fully charges)

and i died instantly from a pack of ele reflecter. i had 80% all ele resistance

but i saw so much video of fakener and waynetrain , and i think this build is to much fun to let it die.

I would like to understand one time for all:
Why people continue saying this build is immortal pretty nice, your like a god if u can handle with reflecters...

WTF ..how is that possible.
Can someone post to me a GODLY EPIC UBER geared charachter with that build?
if no one has it.
Can u please Describe or write the item names and the gems link
and the god passive tree?

PLEASE this build is amazing, but i quit with it after the 10 ele reflecters!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info