2.3 Fakener (budget fake Mjölner) build - Trickster Version

"
bangaroo wrote:
maybe i'm missing something here

but how is he leeching life? no gem.. no points in tree... and most damage elemental.... wut?

Check his dagger and belt, this build damage is mostly lightning damage.
I recently swapped a gem and added life leech and my life became a LOT easier.
I had lightning leech on dagger and doryani belt but it was not enough. Reflect elemental would own me for one...forget even considering running reflect maps and die on some reflect mobs if not cautious.

Now no issues...back to only dying to desync as intended by GGG

Great build as always Mathil!

Got a question though, or actually been thinking if something would work.

I'm currently running one CWDT setup with IC and all that, but been thinking, would it be silly to make another CWDT setup combined with EC + Discharge + Life leech?

Anyone actually tried this? Not only would it be extra damage while you cyclone through stuff, when the monsters hit you, you'll discharge all the time, and leech all the damage back instant.
Wanted to ask if Bandits order is still same? Coz i'm kinda hesitating bout that 40 life for a skill point.
Hands down the worst levelling experience i've ever had levelling with this build.
Need better gem set ups. Any suggestions?

In-Game Name: BLOOBERRY_
Mall/Shop: 800001 ---------- Magic-Find Build: 746000

[NUKE]
You're not suppose to level with it. You can make the switch probably around lvl 45-50+ but even then you can't do it with Cyclone (mana cost + bm too high). Molten strike + MultiStrike + CoC + Discharge worked well in the interim.

"
dupie wrote:
Hands down the worst levelling experience i've ever had levelling with this build.

Gems look fine not sure what you would want to change. How is the CoC proc rate with your gear though? I see like +0 accuracy on gear. Also no EE? EE helps a lot with killing resistant mobs.

"
1BLOOBERRY wrote:
Need better gem set ups. Any suggestions?

Bandits are all preference really. Alira merc is about the only on that i would say is mandatory (+1 power charge). The attack speed on cruel is about as good as anything for +1 passive. idk use your best judgement.

"
HackBoy wrote:
Wanted to ask if Bandits order is still same? Coz i'm kinda hesitating bout that 40 life for a skill point.

That is a really interesting suggestion. Did you try it? I'd like to see how it feels. Idk if I have enough sockets to spare though :(

"
Wrannec wrote:
Great build as always Mathil!

Got a question though, or actually been thinking if something would work.

I'm currently running one CWDT setup with IC and all that, but been thinking, would it be silly to make another CWDT setup combined with EC + Discharge + Life leech?

Anyone actually tried this? Not only would it be extra damage while you cyclone through stuff, when the monsters hit you, you'll discharge all the time, and leech all the damage back instant.

Eventually it will not be enough once you start doing some real serious damage. VaalPact will be your life saver. I just made the switch, i feel as long as you're doing some good damage 40% effectiveness you can sustain. Reflect packs are a joke now.

"
Kezz123 wrote:
I recently swapped a gem and added life leech and my life became a LOT easier.
I had lightning leech on dagger and doryani belt but it was not enough. Reflect elemental would own me for one...forget even considering running reflect maps and die on some reflect mobs if not cautious.

Now no issues...back to only dying to desync as intended by GGG

- p3dr0maz
IGN: RawbinHewd
Last edited by Cpt_Lustblood on Jan 28, 2015, 3:16:38 PM
@Cpt_Lustblood

I think with Vagan daggers, the proc rate is guaranteed according to your max attack speed at 100% chance to hit. Using the other daggers it is roughly 80% chance to hit and 80 % chance to crit.
In-Game Name: BLOOBERRY_
Mall/Shop: 800001 ---------- Magic-Find Build: 746000

[NUKE]
For those of you saying that reflect packs are a joke? What is your life total, res etc?

I am sitting at 3400 Life (next 5 nodes will be life nodes) which probably will put me at 3800ish...

I have 1% leech on dagger, I have leech attached to discharge at 8% leech, I have vaal pact...and Ele Reflect still can wreck me.

I noticed that the ones that wreck me the most are the ones that say "allies have elemental reflect". I'm guessing the issue is that I have to divide and conquer those mobs? If I discharge on a pack, does each enemy reflect 18% individually? If that is the case then a pack would one-shot me like it has been.

Another question: I have the option right now to take the next 5 nodes as life (25% life bonus) or pick up evasion and phase acrobatics? Any thoughts on this? I can decide if the extra spell evasion would be good for reflect....or to just bump my life pool up.

Gear:

"
1BLOOBERRY wrote:
@Cpt_Lustblood

I think with Vagan daggers, the proc rate is guaranteed according to your max attack speed at 100% chance to hit. Using the other daggers it is roughly 80% chance to hit and 80 % chance to crit.

With 80% chance to hit and 80% chance to crit, your actual crit chance is 0.8*0.8= 64%.

and if you have Vegan dagger and 80% chance to crit you have 80% chance to crit. so it means you crit more often ----> discharge more often, but usually less APS so you hit less times per sec.

but the attack speed on none Vagan dagger is roughly 30% higher.
so if we take 0.64 (persent of crit) and multiply it by 0.3 (APS difference) you get 0.64*1.3 = 0.832 compare to 0.8 of vegan dagger...

so at the same time of 1 sec you have more chance to hit crits not with vegan dagger. and so you proc more.

"
For those of you saying that reflect packs are a joke? What is your life total, res etc?

I am sitting at 3400 Life (next 5 nodes will be life nodes) which probably will put me at 3800ish...

I have 1% leech on dagger, I have leech attached to discharge at 8% leech, I have vaal pact...and Ele Reflect still can wreck me.

I noticed that the ones that wreck me the most are the ones that say "allies have elemental reflect". I'm guessing the issue is that I have to divide and conquer those mobs? If I discharge on a pack, does each enemy reflect 18% individually? If that is the case then a pack would one-shot me like it has been.

Another question: I have the option right now to take the next 5 nodes as life (25% life bonus) or pick up evasion and phase acrobatics? Any thoughts on this? I can decide if the extra spell evasion would be good for reflect....or to just bump my life pool up.

Gear:

what is you'r lightning ress? is it capped? because its not caped from gear.
plus what flasks you use? do you use topaz flask on this packs?
Last edited by PowerToys on Jan 29, 2015, 11:43:05 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info