[1.2.2] The Dark Knight - Ki's Crit Staff Duelist | 200k+ DPS, 8k Life | Best Melee Clear

hi, i will give this build a try, but will do a budget version of ur budget version ^^

i will try to get the stats u wrote to go for on the gear maybe u can help me to get the best i can afford
Nice build and gear, glad you added your thoughts on budget versions too. This gave me some thoughts for future play, so thanks.

I started myself crit groundslammer on rampage. I played it only to lvl 86 without too much investment on gear, but it was pretty nice to play. I'll show what I had, if that helps budget of budget players around. 6-link was most expensive item, with that and vaal haste I had 56k dps (5 power charges up).

Gear and tree

IGN: ManModeMara (gmt +3)
A couple of quick questions:

1) I want to play a Crit Flicker build, do you think this would work well for that purpose (I think it would). Also if there are any changes I could make to the build to make it more effective for specifically Flicker, it'd be great if someone could point those out; I couldn't find anything.

2) Why don't you go IR? You can get it without changing around too much pretty easily.
"
KillerKookie wrote:
2) Why don't you go IR? You can get it without changing around too much pretty easily.

I can probably answer this one. IR converts Evasion into Armour, which generally increases your % Physical Damage Reduction. However, the defense mechanism of this particular build is predicated on keeping up Immortal Call at all times (which gives 100% physical damage reduction). This makes stacking armour redundant; investing points into additional armour is therefore inefficient. This is also why Ki opts for a Kaom's Heart (or Carcass Jack) instead of armour-based chests.
IGN: BaiBhai | BhaiBhai | Bhailo

"
MrZimz wrote:
hi, i will give this build a try, but will do a budget version of ur budget version ^^

i will try to get the stats u wrote to go for on the gear maybe u can help me to get the best i can afford

Sure, let me know how it goes and if you have questions just post it

"
H_E_P_T_A wrote:
Nice build and gear, glad you added your thoughts on budget versions too. This gave me some thoughts for future play, so thanks.

I started myself crit groundslammer on rampage. I played it only to lvl 86 without too much investment on gear, but it was pretty nice to play. I'll show what I had, if that helps budget of budget players around. 6-link was most expensive item, with that and vaal haste I had 56k dps (5 power charges up).

Gear and tree

Nice, thanks for sharing :) I found abyssus was just way too risky on L78 maps with hard mods, so it's why I opted for rat's nest on the budget build.

"
KillerKookie wrote:
A couple of quick questions:

1) I want to play a Crit Flicker build, do you think this would work well for that purpose (I think it would). Also if there are any changes I could make to the build to make it more effective for specifically Flicker, it'd be great if someone could point those out; I couldn't find anything.

This would work extremely well for crit flicker (I can post dmg pics if you want). Since a huge problem with flicker is reflect, this build provides a nice bypassing mechanic via IC. Since this build brings you to 80% crit strike chance at most, the implicit crit on flicker quality will be very, very nice. Can bring you to 90%+. Can't see anything that really needs to be changed.

Bhaisabh answered #2 pretty well, it's still a large point investment for a redundant defense.
IGN: KiPad

Mirror Services (/view-thread/778747): #1 Crit Rings for *ALL* builds (Low-life, CI, and Life), #1 1H Axe, #1 Ar Boots, #1 Life Rustic
Last edited by KiPad on Oct 6, 2014, 1:05:20 AM
"
Bhai wrote:
I can probably answer this one. IR converts Evasion into Armour, which generally increases your % Physical Damage Reduction. However, the defense mechanism of this particular build is predicated on keeping up Immortal Call at all times (which gives 100% physical damage reduction). This makes stacking armour redundant; investing points into additional armour is therefore inefficient. This is also why Ki opts for a Kaom's Heart (or Carcass Jack) instead of armour-based chests.

Thank you for the answer, it was very informative!

"
KiPad wrote:

This would work extremely well for crit flicker (I can post dmg pics if you want). Since a huge problem with flicker is reflect, this build provides a nice bypassing mechanic via IC. Since this build brings you to 80% crit strike chance at most, the implicit crit on flicker quality will be very, very nice. Can bring you to 90%+. Can't see anything that really needs to be changed.

Bhaisabh answered #2 pretty well, it's still a large point investment for a redundant defense.

Thanks for the help, I took your tree and changed it up just a bit and was hoping you could give me your opinion on it. I may have gone overboard on the health (Especially going for Golem's Blood, but I feel I need the regen due to running Blood Rage since this is a Flicker build). Anyway, here's my tree:
Spoiler
http://bit.ly/10DulJw

Also I was wondering, how you went about the tree as you leveled, so did you just go for damage until you were dying and decided to pick up some defensive nodes? Also at what level do you pick up the duration nodes?
Last edited by KillerKookie on Oct 6, 2014, 1:25:34 AM
"
KillerKookie wrote:
"
KiPad wrote:

Thanks for the help, I took your tree and changed it up just a bit and was hoping you could give me your opinion on it. I may have gone overboard on the health (Especially going for Golem's Blood, but I feel I need the regen due to running Blood Rage since this is a Flicker build). Anyway, here's my tree:
Spoiler
http://bit.ly/10DulJw

Also I was wondering, how you went about the tree as you leveled, so did you just go for damage until you were dying and decided to pick up some defensive nodes? Also at what level do you pick up the duration nodes?

Looks fine. I actually also run blood rage on my build (don't use a leech amulet). If you take the .2% life regen per endurance charge node and have the same chaos res as mine (-11%, I get from passives + 1 30% on gear), you can sustain blood rage damage on normal maps. Definitely not a bad choice though if your chaos res isnt that high or you don't want as much degen on half/no regen or vuln maps.

My normal suggestion is get full life nodes before the serpent stance investment, but of course it depends entirely on your gear. I had way more life on my tree until I got acuities then shifted to full damage, because, well, instant leech is OP. And I picked up 3 duration nodes early and 3 of them when I hit close to 90. It's honestly personal preference. Once I started doing hard 78 maps and having IC was much more important to have up, it was more convenient for me to have as long an IC as possible.

Mirror Services (/view-thread/778747): #1 Crit Rings for *ALL* builds (Low-life, CI, and Life), #1 1H Axe, #1 Ar Boots, #1 Life Rustic
Last edited by KiPad on Oct 6, 2014, 2:11:48 AM
"
KiPad wrote:

Looks fine. I actually also run blood rage on my build (don't use a leech amulet). If you take the .2% life regen per endurance charge node and have the same chaos res as mine (-11%, I get from passives + 1 30% on gear), you can sustain blood rage damage on normal maps. Definitely not a bad choice though if your chaos res isnt that high or you don't want as much degen on half/no regen or vuln maps.

My normal suggestion is get full life nodes before the serpent stance investment, but of course it depends entirely on your gear. I had way more life on my tree until I got acuities then shifted to full damage, because, well, instant leech is OP. And I picked up 3 duration nodes early and 3 of them when I hit close to 90. It's honestly personal preference. Once I started doing hard 78 maps and having IC was much more important to have up, it was more convenient for me to have as long an IC as possible.

Alright, thanks for all the help and quick answers. I'll be starting my char up very soon.
Great build!
Updated screenshots with DPS pics with new staff. About a 20k DPS increase for ground slam and 35k DPS increase for heavy strike. Even more when buffed with Vaal Haste and Atziri Flask. All in all, pretty awesome ^^

I also added pics for flicker strike.

I am currently working on a new tree for a slightly different version of this build.

Last edited by KiPad on Oct 8, 2014, 2:34:56 AM
[Double Post]
Last edited by Shmez on Oct 10, 2014, 3:44:49 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info