[1.2.2] The Dark Knight - Ki's Crit Staff Duelist | 200k+ DPS, 8k Life | Best Melee Clear

"
MugsyBoges wrote:
Check who's the one having trouble putting sentences together. Nice edits . I'm elitist? You self proclaimed yourself "fastest melee flicker"...lol not even close

Yeah, I edit so my sentences make complete sense, can't be misconstrued, and don't look like garbage (like yours). But hey, congrats on conceding that you have no idea how flicker works. You probably spent a year playing it, so you must feel pretty good about yourself. Have a nice day.
IGN: KiPad

Mirror Services (/view-thread/778747): #1 Crit Rings for *ALL* builds (Low-life, CI, and Life), #1 1H Axe, #1 Ar Boots, #1 Life Rustic
Last edited by KiPad on Oct 24, 2014, 9:22:19 PM
how do you manage the mana cost without acuity?
IGN: Crix_st
LL Blade Vortex
"
Shada wrote:
how do you manage the mana cost without acuity?

I barely run auras, so I have a lot more unreserved than most people. With mana leech and a surgeon's mana/hybrid flask, even without acuity's you'll be good to go, no problem.

Mirror Services (/view-thread/778747): #1 Crit Rings for *ALL* builds (Low-life, CI, and Life), #1 1H Axe, #1 Ar Boots, #1 Life Rustic
Last edited by KiPad on Nov 29, 2014, 7:50:04 PM
Hey KiPad, nice to see that you're still following the thread! This is still something I really would like to play in future, but don't have yet the currency to go for it. I can do the budget version, but I'm not sure if it is really an upgrade for my current character.

I really liked your theorycrafting of Romira's ring. Its rare to see that kind of quality posts! However, I spotted few errors on the mathematical analysis.

"
KiPad wrote:
Chance of 3 consecutive non-crit hits with 95% crit (theoretical) and 89% accuracy:

(0.05 + 0.11) * (0.05 + 0.11) * (0.05 + 0.11) = 0.41%

The expression (0.05 + 0.11) is not valid, because you can only add propabilities if both events cannot happen at the same time. The easy way to do this is calculate the chance to crit and reduce it from 100 %.

(1 - 0.95 * 0.89) * (1 - 0.95 * 0.89) * (1 - 0.95 * 0.89) = 0,37 %

With your numbers the difference is not huge, so I don't think it matters too much.

The second one is more concerning though. According to Wiki, multistrike crits with all the three attacks or none.

"
Wiki wrote:
Critical hits are rolled once for all three strikes, in the same way that an AoE spell or attack will always critically hit either all targets or none.

If the information is correct, your calculations don't hold up. Instead, you have to multiply the number of consecutive hits by 3, so that you're really calculating the chances to not crit with 3, 6, 9 attacks. This propably does change the conclusion somewhat.
IGN: ManModeMara (gmt +3)
So Is the Passive Tree going to be updated ? If so when?

:O

Don't play poe anymore but I can revamp and take new SS for Act 4 patch if there's interest ^^

Last edited by KiPad on May 19, 2015, 1:14:22 AM
Yeah. An updated passive tree would be nice... :)
"Opinions are like a$$holes: Everyone's got one!" - Clint Eastwood in "Heartbreak Ridge"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info