[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

I never got far in this game, still very brand new with no understanding of anything, especially since I only ever played a few days every few years.

But looking at this guide, it seems like an interesting build to play and actually maybe get stuff done and progress in the game.

The only issue I find, is that there isn't an actual 'Guide' to follow.

Example being where do I put my passive points at level 1? level 10? 20? You have a progression 'build', but you noted it's out of date and wouldn't work, and the full 110 tree doesn't give any hint to where to put points first, when to branch out, or anything.

If I was max level and could just fully respect, that tree would be useful. As a level one new player? It's jibberish mess where I misplace 1 skill, I'd have to delete and remake the entire character over, or else be gimped until I find a respec orb to fix said mistake.

It's a character, but how do I get from lvl 1 to that character. For a 'guide', there isn't very much 'guiding' involved. It's a whole lot of 'Do whatever, like this' without any context to what the 'like this' is, why it's used, how it can be used, nor any examples in the entire guide of what NOT to do.

It's just a dump of information advance users might understand, but someone who has played very little and looking for a more passively easy to play character to get into the game, I can't understand most of the information you're giving.
"
Jirodyne wrote:
I never got far in this game, still very brand new with no understanding of anything, especially since I only ever played a few days every few years.

But looking at this guide, it seems like an interesting build to play and actually maybe get stuff done and progress in the game.

The only issue I find, is that there isn't an actual 'Guide' to follow.

Example being where do I put my passive points at level 1? level 10? 20? You have a progression 'build', but you noted it's out of date and wouldn't work, and the full 110 tree doesn't give any hint to where to put points first, when to branch out, or anything.

If I was max level and could just fully respect, that tree would be useful. As a level one new player? It's jibberish mess where I misplace 1 skill, I'd have to delete and remake the entire character over, or else be gimped until I find a respec orb to fix said mistake.

It's a character, but how do I get from lvl 1 to that character. For a 'guide', there isn't very much 'guiding' involved. It's a whole lot of 'Do whatever, like this' without any context to what the 'like this' is, why it's used, how it can be used, nor any examples in the entire guide of what NOT to do.

It's just a dump of information advance users might understand, but someone who has played very little and looking for a more passively easy to play character to get into the game, I can't understand most of the information you're giving.

Your reading too much into the not updated for 3.9 part, the progression builds are still fine and very close to how you should do it today. You'll be fine with those. Sorry about that. Don't worry about the full skill tree until at least level 80.
Updated the low level skill trees for 3.9, minor changes. Thanks for your interest, all.
Hey I love this build, what's happening with it for 3.10?
"
elkforce wrote:
Hey I love this build, what's happening with it for 3.10?

I haven't had time to look at all the changes if any are applicable to my build, so if anyone has specific recommendations for improvements let me know. Your feedback is valuable.

In any case, the build will be updated as always.
I am playing this build in Delirium now, same as 3.9. Looking forward to the updated thoughts for 3.10. Thank you for the build!
Quick question, on your guide you now say that Cyclone is the best skill to use however you also tell us to take the consecrated group skill route in ascendancy and that requires you to stand still!

With the change to using cyclone should we now be going a different route on ascendancy?

Great guide and good work!
You might want to change the Static Strike section of the guide, since it's a completely different skill now.

Also, what are your thoughts on Smite for endgame? I know pretty much anything can be used, but how does it hold up to something like Lightning Strike?
Last edited by Demiel on Mar 15, 2020, 10:34:17 AM
"
Tithras wrote:

With the change to using cyclone should we now be going a different route on ascendancy?

No, consecrated ground is 100% uptime for me with cyclone. I know it is counter-intuitive, but it's working just fine.
Ta for the update and thanks for taking the time to respond :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info