[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

I'm trying the build right now, still low level doing first maps, still trying to do Uber Lab (Izaro still can one shot me, and my internet is failing cause of everybody at home :P).

My plan is to get the build to this:

https://pastebin.com/kQnj1byE

Any thoughs?

In the actual character, still missing the blue nightmare and haven't think of what armour to get.
Damage is still low. But I guess that will get fixed soon, when I get my couple of missing parts.
hey sovyn, i would like to thank you for the guide, i think i've played this build (or some variant of it) in 5 leagues and it's what made me get into PoE in the first place. (hours of my life that you owe me hahaha)
if you wan't to check my gear and give any advice, i'm finding hard to progress (that being said i think i have some endgame gear already)

another thing, i'm using cyclone and i started to use blood and sand (to maximize my dps on bosses) what do you think ?
"
Kemmotar1 wrote:

Any thoughs?

You're relying too much on rumi's to get your block up, which is an approach I've always resisted for myself because it'll never have 100% uptime. You'll notice the uber build example does not need a rumi's for max block.

Also your life is 800 lower and ES 100 lower.

Admittedly I use 4 more skill points but you can get really close with 115 too.
Hello, thanks for this build.

There is a way to play with divine ire as main attack skill ?
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
Kemmotar1 wrote:

Any thoughs?

You're relying too much on rumi's to get your block up, which is an approach I've always resisted for myself because it'll never have 100% uptime. You'll notice the uber build example does not need a rumi's for max block.

Also your life is 800 lower and ES 100 lower.

Admittedly I use 4 more skill points but you can get really close with 115 too.

Thanks for the response. I just check the Uber setup (haven't really seen that), very interesting, I played around the new cluster jewels (also trying to avoid the Reckless Defense Jewel, not sure about the new one with 140% increased criticals against me), so I was deciding between more dps or keep the block rate, that one is trying to have more dps, so it's basically a trade off, also I was testing the rumi uptime, and even not having it 100% uptime, it gets up enought time to keep me alive long enough, at least so far up. It's just testing so far since the new cluster system is something to play around :).

Also have you consider Skin of the Loyal as an option for armour? I got mine for 17ch and it give me less HP, but more phys reduction and more ES. Also inscreases my dps since I get one extra level on all the gems.

I'll keep testing it and checking how it behaves :)
Last edited by Kemmotar1 on Apr 7, 2020, 11:00:35 PM
Currently playing Mana Guardian, but I def want to give this build a try and I have majority of items, but was wondering has anyone attempted sirus UE or 20/20 simulacrum? Just curious on what some people are doing with the build? I was wondering if has to potential to go that distance
"
had3s10 wrote:

another thing, i'm using cyclone and i started to use blood and sand (to maximize my dps on bosses) what do you think ?

Blood and sand looks fine, but it is a trade off as you have less effective life due to losing some MoM mana pool. Also, you can't forget to switch it for bosses or no point.

You might not need rumi's, if so you can get lions roar for more dps. Also you could take charging offensive instead of some life, it's a trade off there.
So made the switch last night and need to play around in POB, but using lightning strike, I need to level gems up for sure and have quality on them.., but its been little frustrating from going from herald of agony to melee skill lol.I have an enlighten 4 and empower 4...would those benefit at all? I see hatred is only aura and we use the rest of mana for MOM, Like post prior I coming from mana guardian build so we relied on mana red effects and ES, so I have astramantis with charisma on, but if those dont really benefit doesnt hurt to have extra currency to upgrade current gear. Probably will sound silly, but how important is the totem to the build? I am loving the concept and idea and has been a build for season I wanted to play. Two weeks I tried to play this set up and tree on Guardian, but I see the reason for Inquisitor and stuff. I never really used riposte, reckoning or vengeance before so its def fun QOL and gives the game different aspect.
Last edited by Rodneyking on Apr 9, 2020, 11:23:20 AM
"
Rodneyking wrote:
Probably will sound silly, but how important is the totem to the build?

Adds around 30% more dps and a distraction. Optional but helpful.
Could vaal molten shell work somewhere in here or is not needed?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info