[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
2007reboot wrote:
Hi. Your guide is excellent. Well written. I have an issue though. I love cyclone but it has made the consecrated ground buff obsolete because cyclone is always moving. Wouldn't Jugg ascendancy be better and more tanky with cyclone and your skill tree?

I think inquistor is best - because there is 4 seconds of persistence with consecrated ground buff and it refreshes if you cyclone in place even for a split second, it's always up. Might depend on playstyle but I never see concentrated ground buff go down. Obviously I need to make a new video.
I've used your guide off and on through the years and always am satisfied. I'm curious though which shield and gearing method you think is better: stacking ES and using Aegis Aurora, or stacking life and going The Surrender. The guide uses Aegis, but just want to see for sure before I commit to a build and gearing for that.
"
azurarutlan wrote:
I'm curious though which shield and gearing method you think is better

I don't think there is a wrong choice. I like Aegis for the total effective life pool which may help occasionally to absorb a larger hit.
Thanks so much for this guide! It is really flexible and very well written, I can pay you the highest compliment I can think of in my gaming career - I am sticking with this game after 2 failed characters and a 7 year lapse, because of this guide!

One question if you or anyone has a suggestion. I am committed to the Static Strike variant of this Pally, and am about level 60 - I was going to begin trading for the uniques you had mentioned, which of those 4 main hand 1 handers is recommended in your opinion for Static Strike?

Thanks so much for this and long live retaliation pallys ;)
Last edited by Ashmadai on Jan 21, 2020, 3:18:47 PM
"
Ashmadai wrote:
which of those 4 main hand 1 handers is recommended in your opinion for Static Strike?

Doryani's Catalyst is definitely the best! Enjoy!
Loving this build! Lvl 41 SSFMHC and moving on. Very solid tank. I think is great for HC. Good job! Is my first time in Act 4, I hope don't get bad surprises hehe
"Pious Path" work without Consecrated Path? I don't use this gem so it's better go with "Augury of penitence"?
Last edited by tomtit0 on Jan 28, 2020, 5:17:55 PM
"
tomtit0 wrote:
"Pious Path" work without Consecrated Path? I don't use this gem so it's better go with "Augury of penitence"?

Pious Path works with all melee skill gems. Santuary creates ground when not moving and Pious path makes it even better as it lingers 4 seconds even when moving. You'll have ground all the time.
Thanks for your answer. I've started with Augury of Penitence for a extra defensive since I'm on hardcore.
Hey there. Thanks for the really in depth guide.

I was looking for a S&B build, and this seems just like my cup of tea. Most builds seem to be 2h or dw. I wanted a shield that does something. So I got to your build. Reading it I have a few questions, and the almost 750 pages of reply seem a tad much to read and try to find what I want to know, hence the shortcut.

1. In your guide you say something along the line:
"
Before deciding, also read about Herald of Thunder in the counter-attacks section, below.

I did not see anything written about herald of Thunder.

2. I know that the build is for “Lazy Pally”, and I assume that the required level for shield tempest is so that it will proc in damage taken. But there is nothing that stops me from levelling not to max level of I will cast it manually, right?

3. Since the build works with almost any skills, and I like to play with ice (I’ve crash looks good to me), even if it is (as you mention) a tad slower for killing bosses, do I have to try and convert from one type of dmg (lightning) to frost?

Thanks again for the guide.

Smmogz.
"
Smmogz wrote:
1. In your guide you say something along the line:
"
Before deciding, also read about Herald of Thunder in the counter-attacks section, below.

I did not see anything written about herald of Thunder.

2. I know that the build is for “Lazy Pally”, and I assume that the required level for shield tempest is so that it will proc in damage taken. But there is nothing that stops me from levelling not to max level of I will cast it manually, right?

3. Since the build works with almost any skills, and I like to play with ice (I’ve crash looks good to me), even if it is (as you mention) a tad slower for killing bosses, do I have to try and convert from one type of dmg (lightning) to frost?

herald of thunder was an option once upon a time to proc the curse but it didn't work very well against bosses, and the current setup works fine, see example builds. You can always cast your curse manually if you prefer.

Yes passive tempest shield is fine and very reliable. No need to manually cast and level the gem, benefit is minor, not worth all the button pushing. Just use it for the 3% block and 3% spell block.

For ice crash you may like it with physical to lightning support for both damage and shock multiplier but you don't have to convert any damage, it'll work fine with other supports too.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info