[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
eekon wrote:
Thoughts on The Brine Crown as a helmet alternative? It was buffed in 3.5 and gives a lot of armour when stationary.

Looks good, it checks most of the boxes, ar, es, life. As long as cold resist is all you need, good to go.
Last edited by Sovyn on Dec 24, 2018, 3:48:34 PM
"
Biggest problem is the tree. Passing by deadly dilettante with a varunastra is a big mistake for example, and there are many wasted nodes IMO. Try this instead.

Finally, best links for blade flurry are phys to light, melee phys, ele damage, added fire, then swap AOE (clearing) / concentrated effect (boss killer).

Thank you so much for responding. I think that adding the changes you advised made this much more playable for me. I will continue to try to change my gloves around and look for more phys.
Hey Sovyn,

First, thank you for the great build you've created! As a half-noob, I'm really enjoying it and learning many things in your guide. Keep up the good work in this awesome build :)

Now, I have one question (for now). For buffs/auras I'm using Hatred + some Herald + War banner which leaves me with 85% reserved mana. Not sure how Mind Over Matter will work, but is it worth actually taking it on p.tree and all of the nearby mana nodes? Currently I have ~100 usable mana and none of my gear has + max mana points... Roughly how much mana do I need, so I can take as much as possible advantage from Mind Over Matter?

As per your suggestion I believe i made my character public. When I flask I get about 27k DPS. I thought my gear was pretty good and wish I cleared faster. I'm missing the good jewel. I'll have that hopefully in a few days as i'm about 80 chaos short.
"
alxndr_ wrote:
Not sure how Mind Over Matter will work, but is it worth actually taking it on p.tree and all of the nearby mana nodes?

MoM is a good layered defense. I run only hatred in order to make room for it. When you take MoM you can drop the other mana reserved skills. (they are pretty minor anyway).
"
Talgonadia wrote:
As per your suggestion I believe i made my character public. When I flask I get about 27k DPS. I thought my gear was pretty good and wish I cleared faster. I'm missing the good jewel. I'll have that hopefully in a few days as i'm about 80 chaos short.

Supports for LS are more about getting a lot of projectiles out there and getting around obstacles. Your tooltip will be modest. Doesn't show projectile damage, just the melee hit. Also, don't show the extra ancestral call projectiles.

Looks like you are doing fine.

With LS you trade safety range for DPS. If you want to trade safety for more DPS instead, try blade flurry.

You should be clearing pretty fast.

Consider a level 21 LS for the extra projectile after getting red nightmare.

Also room for improvement for DPS on gloves and ring.

Consider taste of hate instead of lion's roar as a future upgrade as well for LS projectiles. It's a good boost.
Hey Sovyn, happy holidays!
been using your guide for a long time, thx for this amazing tool <3
Any tips or changes that you can suggest for me ?
i know i need to change my gloves but besides that i'm a little lost
Last edited by had3s10 on Dec 26, 2018, 2:41:58 PM
"
had3s10 wrote:

Turn on character tab in forum privacy settings.

Best advice is to follow budget gear suggestion closely, and take some of the damage nodes recommended in optional skill tree section of the guide, for your weapon type. Balance offence and defence aspects of your character.
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
had3s10 wrote:

Best advice is to follow budget gear suggestion closely, and take some of the damage nodes recommended in optional skill tree section of the guide, for your weapon type. Balance offence and defence aspects of your character.

Done mate, sorry
"
had3s10 wrote:
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
had3s10 wrote:

Done mate, sorry

I would get defiance right away... I see two wasted INT nodes past ele overload and you could take off divine fervor or use the short route to retaliation for now.

Remember to quality your armour up to 20%.

You don't need blood magic on blade flurry, put a dps support there. Conc Effect / Inc AOE swap, bosses, clearing, respectively. Or, for red, damage on full life.

None of your gear has any life on it, I would fix that soon. Top priority stat IMO.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info