[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

Hello, i found thsi build and it has all i want as my RPG expirience. It was fine but now iam act 6 and i cant kill any bosses. like clearing trash is easy but bosses are big problem as i literally dont do dmg, i can do somewhat damage until my mana flask is up but after that i literally do 0 dmg, friend helped me on few bosses but this is not sustainable. What should i do? you can check my character "phodarius"
I fought for God, exile. Who do you fight for?
"
phoda wrote:
Hello, i found thsi build and it has all i want as my RPG expirience. It was fine but now iam act 6 and i cant kill any bosses. like clearing trash is easy but bosses are big problem as i literally dont do dmg, i can do somewhat damage until my mana flask is up but after that i literally do 0 dmg, friend helped me on few bosses but this is not sustainable. What should i do? you can check my character "phodarius"

For mana problems, you have the perfect storm, a high mana cost skill, and a fast, low damage weapon, and no mana leech.

Try Smite instead as recommended in the guide. Also get Slitherpinch gloves, very cheap. Or, Wurm's Molt if you prefer to get a belt.

Also upgrade to a normal speed harder hitting weapon. No point pinking away at 100 MPH. That thing is good for level 20 but not 50s.

Let us know how you get on.
[/quote]

I would get defiance right away... I see two wasted INT nodes past ele overload and you could take off divine fervor or use the short route to retaliation for now.

Remember to quality your armour up to 20%.

You don't need blood magic on blade flurry, put a dps support there. Conc Effect / Inc AOE swap, bosses, clearing, respectively. Or, for red, damage on full life.

None of your gear has any life on it, I would fix that soon. Top priority stat IMO.

[/quote]

Thx for the reply and the help sov

i will get some gear with life ASAP but what do you think about the mind barrier node ? i was going for it

I waited with reply since i was close to lv 60. I did change to slower rare weapon requiring lv 50, dps went from 1.5k to 3k, it was GREAT upgrade. HOWEVER.
At lv 60 i got scaeva, i got some good gear from trading for my level, got all of my gear to quality 20%, then also important thing i got my self cast on damage taken (golem, shield, shell) got my herald of ash and hatred, got 3 counter attack spells, curses. My dps rocketed to 10k (which is my failure ise templar mage got at 72). build got huge dmg upgrade.

So that was HIGH jump and its fucking viable now dps wise, HOWEVER iam not sure how it will scale later with damage, also iam not AS tanky as i thought so killing bosses will still be hard i think because you still ahve to dodge a lot cause bosses can hit so you cant deal sustained damage. I DID NOT Kill bosses yet, but i should be able to kill them now. Will update later when i kill few bosses and upgrade shield to aegis.

EDIT 1: Killed queen of sands or something in that desert zone act 9, EZZ so yeah can kill bosses now (had mobs tho to refill my flasks even tho was not required in this case)

EDIT 2: Equiped Aegis, literally dont have to do anything in mobpacks as blocks refill ES and riposte and rest of counter attacks kill mobs. smite speeds up killing

EDIT 3: Killed act 9 final boss and mini bosses EASY and fast. missing flask atziri at lv68

EDIT 4: THis build jsut became op with brine crown and aegis. but i have question, can you look at my gear, i moved riposte and vengance to head for endurance charges, what should i do with boots as i put brutality there jsut to fill to spot and have no idea what to do with scaeva, what would you suggest that i move around and make better use of gem sockets? i really dont know what to do, its very good now but obviously i could improve it a bit.
also when to replace smite and which gems to replace to do more damage on bosses if thats possible?
I fought for God, exile. Who do you fight for?
Last edited by phoda on Dec 28, 2018, 1:48:12 PM
"
had3s10 wrote:
what do you think about the mind barrier node ? i was going for it

It's good but too expensive at 7 points.
"
phoda wrote:
can you look at my gear, i moved riposte and vengance to head for endurance charges, what should i do with boots as i put brutality there jsut to fill to spot and have no idea what to do with scaeva, what would you suggest that i move around and make better use of gem sockets? i really dont know what to do, its very good now but obviously i could improve it a bit.
also when to replace smite and which gems to replace to do more damage on bosses if thats possible?

I like reckoning for curse on hit, I would exchange it with vengeance. Minor, test it yourself.

You can put hatred on the boots and use the 3 link on weapon for an ancestral warchief setup if you don't mind manual cast. Or, another CWDT with immortal call, increased duration.

Herald of ash instead of molten shell for now until you get MoM then you can switch back.

Phys to light instead of added fire, usually a bit better.

I noticed you replaced Elemental Focus Support (described in Lightning Strike skill section) by Main Support (looking at the gems you put in your Uber end-game body armor at the end of the post).

Any reason for that?
Is Main >> Elemental Focus or if it's situational?
Do you switch elemental damage for physical damage gem based on encounter? Would be a pain since those gems are not the same color!

I just met a map boss (Brittle Emperor) that is virtually invulnerable to my lightning damage (Resist elemental & chaos). I'm lookin at using Main. Any suggestion?
Last edited by Clepetar2 on Jan 1, 2019, 6:52:00 AM
Having some trouble with Accuracy. Nothing too bad right now, but is noticeable a bit.

Thoughts on dealing with that or will the Dex we get from the tree level that out? I've had to go take a node or two just to keep up.
Finishing up my HoA Jugg in HC betrayal and planning to try this build next. Any tips for HC version of this? Is bringer of rain viable for HC in this build? I have spare currency so I don't need to go that route probably Thinking about 5L Belly of the Beast and saving currency for The Surrender.
HC only
Xbox player here. I am really liking this build and have been using Molten Strike. I have made it to level 84 and have a question or 3. Using Scaeva and want to know if I should choose the damage nodes for my weap or pick attack speed. One of the things I have noticed is that it takes a bit for consecrated ground to kick in. I am using an attack speed/mana regen jewel right now (don't have a blocking jewel.

My damage is getting better for bosses and would like to know if I should gear for lightning strike or stay with Molten strike. I need more damage. As a console player, the reason I haven't chosen lightning strike is because I am unsure of whether or not it will automatically do ranged/melee or both.

Movement skill. Right now, I am using shield charge and it does seem to work well and fits the view of a shield pally. The only issue is keeping fortify up. Should I be using a different movement skill?

Last question. I am using reckoning for curse with enfeeble but also had another four-link that was doing nothing so I added another 4-link riposte but now the results seem to be hit and miss and my question is whether or not I can even run 2 curses at once based on curse on hit. I would love to be able to enfeeble and another curse on mobs.

Thanks for the build. It is my first real character and have always loved sword and board. This build fits me and is well done. Later I will try to maybe tweak to use your end-game red build but that is going to be an expensive move and I am broke from gearing.

As a note, I really like the player-base in Xbox overall when it comes to pricing and getting gear out to players. Most folks appear to be selling at good prices and are nice about considering other offers. I am following suit so that hopefully other players will get involved with PoE. I am a long-time Diablo 3 Season player and while I love D3, PoE gives me something to really sink my teeth into as I learn the game.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info