[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
Shoxu wrote:
Hey, Im just beginning with your build, I wanna start buying items already but I dont understand how do you use this 6 gem Ice Crash when you have Bringer of Rain?...

You would either use bringer of rain or a 6-link chest or tabula with a normal helmet. You'll notice that I show two different setups on the first page. They each work differently. The budget setup is recommended for you. You will see that I have a cheap/free 6-socket chest with a specific graphic (pantless -> pants) for the improved character appearance and to level gems, none of those chest gems are usable with BoR equipped, they just level up.
"
"
Shoxu wrote:
Hey, Im just beginning with your build, I wanna start buying items already but I dont understand how do you use this 6 gem Ice Crash when you have Bringer of Rain?...

Bringer of Rain has 3 skills on helmet that you dont have to socket (Faster attacks, melee physical damage & Blind), so you pretty much have a 7L.

That's probably a better answer than mine.

Unfortunately the BoR native supports are level limited and no quality, but with the large chunk of physical damage on the helm it evens out nicely.
"
Your first post still says to go for elemental weakness / enfeeble etc, but didn't elemental weakness become pretty much obsolete by the inquisitor ascendancy?

Wouldnt it make more sense to swap Elemental Weakness for Assassin's mark to get more critical strikes since thats the path this build has gone for?

Enfeeble is good for defense, a must for hardcore.

For offense, elemental weakness is still useful as inquisitor won't penetrate every hit. Assassin's mark is OK but some of the effects are on-kill so not super for some bosses. Many of the curses are decent actually, it is hard to choose.
Awesome that's what I wanted to know thanks guys.

One more thing Sovyn,

So is this a setup I should use in Bringer of Rain helmet?

Honestly Im too confused about the gem setup, I have no idea what to use, you mess it up so much in those 1st posts haha :D If its not a problem, could you please once again post the whole budget gear with ice crash and all the other gem setups that you had on this Video from Gorge?

And also, can I use Bino's Kitchen Knife, or is Scaeva a must? I mean I can afford some of your Premium gear but not 6L chest yet (I do have Tabula Rasa tho), can I mix them up a bit or should I stay with the same exact budget gear like you have untill I can afford the whole premium one?
Last edited by Shoxu on Apr 21, 2017, 5:52:36 AM
"
Shoxu wrote:
....ice crash and all the other gem setups that you had on this Video from Gorge?

...can I mix them up a bit or should I stay with the same exact budget gear like you have untill I can afford the whole premium one?

I would stay with the budget setup. Mixing is usually not beneficial.

Scaeva is very good, maybe even the best weapon available, within reason, for blade flurry.

A Doryani's Catalyst is good for ice crash.

Try both and see what you like.

That optional sword cluster is good and you'll need Scaeva for that.

I used ice crash - increased area of effect - physical to lighting - weapon elemental in my bringer of rain. This is the best for clear speed. You will be vulnerable to elemental reflect if you don't see it. For this reason and the safety of range, I now recommend blade flurry.
Oh, so its not messed up, you just switched whole build from Ice Crash to Blade Flurry. I get it now, ok thank you for all the info and help.
So far lvl 90 (9% of 91) with this build.

Sovyn, wouldnt it be better if you switch out the "Melee damage on full life support" for either: Increased Critical Strikes or Faster Attacks? Even with the Aegis, chaos damage goes through which makes the gem useless at that point & possibly when fighting bosses aswell.

For the people that are using the shield "The Surrender" you should change the gem right away, its useless without the ES on block.

Also, im currently using the Scaeva, if i decide to switch to a Jewelled foil for better DPS, wouldnt it be better to get the sword nodes with the life leech?

"
So far lvl 90 (9% of 91) with this build.

Sovyn, wouldnt it be better if you switch out the "Melee damage on full life support" for either: Increased Critical Strikes or Faster Attacks? Even with the Aegis, chaos damage goes through which makes the gem useless at that point & possibly when fighting bosses aswell.

For the people that are using the shield "The Surrender" you should change the gem right away, its useless without the ES on block.

Also, im currently using the Scaeva, if i decide to switch to a Jewelled foil for better DPS, wouldnt it be better to get the sword nodes with the life leech?

It's noted in the guide that MDoFL is only for Aegis. So, yes, I do agree.

There are a lot of good supports.

The default blade flurry setup is per the budget setup as posted.

I do not find that MDoFL is down often for me. YMMV

I never recommend MDOFL for the surrender.

It would be difficult to find a rare with better damage than a scaeva. Don't forgte that scaeva has added crit chance when in main hand.

The sword cluster optionally recommended in the guide is the best.
Reached lvl 91, current gear:

Spoiler

Using the Ancestral warchief totems in the gloves, probably will switch out molten shell for concentrated effect, the 18% melee damage increase is nice & it deals a decent amount of damage.

Current tooltip in HO without anything: 3956
Tooltip with buffs in HO(Hatred +Herald of Ash): 5294,3
Tooltip with buffs in HO(Hatred + Herald of Ash + Atziri's Promise + Diamond Flask + Lion's Roar + Ancestral Warchief (NO Ice Golem!): 9.672.8

Without Warchief: 8085,1

Still looking around for upgrades, currently not all gems are maxed & i'm still trying to decide between faster attacks & increased critical strikes on the Bladeflurry links.

Upgrades to come:

Corrupted Aegis Aurora with extra spell block. (Puts me at 75/75 block permanent)
Taste of Hate to replace Diamond Flask.
Possibly a new weapon. (Jewelled Foil ~ 375+ PDPS)

Any other suggestions? Trying to push this build as far as possible.
"
Any other suggestions? Trying to push this build as far as possible.

Nope, you pretty much have the right idea.

You can work on farming up your enchants.

Maybe level 21 gems on your attack links if you really want to get nuts.

Don't forget crit on the new weapon. 66% chance on scaeva is pretty good so you'll need 7-8%. At some point pure PDPS is better, but it's hard to say exactly at what point that might be due to invisible benefits of inquistor.
Last edited by Sovyn on Apr 22, 2017, 8:41:40 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info