[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
Kwitch wrote:
I've gone ahead and snagged your build guide for the new builds list. I hope that this is alright, but if you wish it to be removed, please contact me.

Cheers

p.s. I've always loved your build guides, it's an honor to host a list with it. ♥

My pleasure. Best wishes with maintaining the templar list if you end up doing so.
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
baran90 wrote:
Hi,
Thanks for this build. It´s the first time I played more then just Act 3 merc. I´m lvl 86 right now and doing Tier10 maps. No Problem with the maps, but yesterday I tried the breachlords and died a lot ^^. Can you look at my char (Trump_Junior) and give me some advice?

4.5k HP
150 ES
65% block
31% Spell block (not sure)
32% cc with icc gem
around 9k dmg with all flasks up.
Haven´t done uber lab yet.

Thank you.

- Wasted two points near fencing, get amplify instead

You could do more damage with a romira's banquet

You could have more spell block with a stone of lazhwar. Optional but helpful for spell heavy bosses

Your block seems low all around going from above (I didn't add up your gear myself), try copying my budget setup on the first page and see what you think.

Hi Sovyn,

Thanks for reply.

Ok I´ll go for amplify!

Ok I´ll get a romira´s banquet

The only good Thing about Stone of lazhwar is 50% spell block and intelligence. That´s it! I will loose +35 strength, +47 Dex, Adds 6 to 11 phys dmg to attacks, 31% cc, 12% Evasion Rating and 0,65% mana Leech (1 passive Point). Is this really worth it? And a corrupted Stone of lazhwar with +% Chance to block isnt on poe.trade right know (Breach League). The same with a corrupted Lioneye´s Remorse. Last week there were one with +4% but he wanted 100c and I was like I´ve 31c :D. No Deal!!!
I guess my Problem is dmg and/or attack Speed. Should I get a faster attack gem instead of icc?

Sorry for my bad English, I´m from Germany.
Thanks again.

Edit: One Word to Bringer of Rain. I´ll compared "your" Bringer of Rain with my Helmet and Chest. With my Helmet and Chest I´ve:
Armour: 1734
Life: +194
Strength: +28 (~14hp and 5% phys dmg)
Elemental Resistances: +137%
Chaos Resistances: +23%

Your Bringer of Rain:
Armour: 588
Life: +146
Evasion: 847
20 to 30 Phys dmg to attacks
+6% block.

So I´ll miss 1146 Armour, 62 hp, 137% Ele res and 23% chaos res, but will get +6% block, 847 Evasion and 20 to 30 phys dmg. I don´t know how to compare block and Evasion with armour and life, but where will i get 137% ele resistances? So is a bringer of rain really better than (is it than or then?) my helmet + chest?
Last edited by baran90 on Jan 12, 2017, 5:28:06 AM
"
baran90 wrote:

The only good Thing about Stone of lazhwar is 50% spell block and intelligence. That´s it! I will loose +35 strength, +47 Dex, Adds 6 to 11 phys dmg to attacks, 31% cc, 12% Evasion Rating and 0,65% mana Leech (1 passive Point). Is this really worth it? And a corrupted Stone of lazhwar with +% Chance to block isnt on poe.trade right know (Breach League). The same with a corrupted Lioneye´s Remorse. Last week there were one with +4% but he wanted 100c and I was like I´ve 31c :D. No Deal!!!
I guess my Problem is dmg and/or attack Speed. Should I get a faster attack gem instead of icc?

Sorry for my bad English, I´m from Germany.
Thanks again.

Edit: One Word to Bringer of Rain. I´ll compared "your" Bringer of Rain with my Helmet and Chest. With my Helmet and Chest I´ve:
Armour: 1734
Life: +194
Strength: +28 (~14hp and 5% phys dmg)
Elemental Resistances: +137%
Chaos Resistances: +23%

Your Bringer of Rain:
Armour: 588
Life: +146
Evasion: 847
20 to 30 Phys dmg to attacks
+6% block.

So I´ll miss 1146 Armour, 62 hp, 137% Ele res and 23% chaos res, but will get +6% block, 847 Evasion and 20 to 30 phys dmg. I don´t know how to compare block and Evasion with armour and life, but where will i get 137% ele resistances? So is a bringer of rain really better than (is it than or then?) my helmet + chest?

The difference between your 65/31 block and 75/75 block is huge so that's why my budget build uses the gear choices that I do. As you can see from the screenshots I do max elemental resists just fine. Jewels can have a good amount of elemental resistances on them, for example. It's really a copy/paste type deal here. If you prefer your choices, that's OK, but I do recommend max block or as close as you can get to it, obviously. 1100 armour and 62 life won't save you, basically ever.

Incidentally, there are always plenty of 4% block Lazhwars for sale, the trick is to find the right search parameters. Here you go: http://poe.trade/search/orominohihatot As you can see, you can get one as low as 15 chaos. With BoR you only really need a 2 block Lazhwar which is basically free (1 chaos or so).
what map mods to look out for?
I took a break from this guy and looking to go back to him but unsure what to watch out for on map mods when i get that far act3 merc atm
Thanks!
"
fatekills wrote:
what map mods to look out for?
I took a break from this guy and looking to go back to him but unsure what to watch out for on map mods when i get that far act3 merc atm
Thanks!

All mods are doable with some technique.

If you get the no regen mod you want to pop your blood rage gem out for that map.

If you get the bloodlines mod, look out for flame bearers / frost bearers / storm bearers and use caution, kill them fast or string them out and peck off one at a time, observing the ground effects.

If you have a -resists map and or elemental weakness mod, observe all rare bosses carefully for volatile mod and kill at max range.

If you have an elemental reflect mod, remove the physical to lightning support and use something else there or switch skill to earthquake if using ice crash.

With beyond monsters mod, watch out for the unique ones when they pop up and just avoid them unless you have experience with that one.

That's all I remember off the top.
Last edited by Sovyn on Jan 12, 2017, 7:09:53 PM
Thank you for the help! got buy some gear again to get him going:P and should be doing maps before i know it!
Today's Updated: Changed the budget gear section to be truly budget friendly rather than using my best rares and corruptions. *should* be under 1 ex for everything with proper shopping now.
Thank you Sovyn. I´ll just copy paste your Budget Setup and compare this with my current Setup. I guess the 10% block and 45% spell block that I´m currently missing are a huge difference.
And thanks for your poe.trade search. I´ve never used the implicit mod.
Hi, and congrats for this amazing guide!

I read the FAQ and I understand it is beyond the scope of this guide, but if you're cool with answering that: in your opinion what would be the best ascendancies for Marauder, Duelist and Ranger to go with this build?

I'd really like to try this build on one of these other classes (already levelled several Templars and I want to mix it up a bit) but I have no idea what would be the "best" ascendancies among them. What would be your "go to" Class + Ascendancy combo for this build after Templar/Inquisitor?

I would really like your input on that if it's possible. I tried searching in the rest of the thread but didn't find anything on the subject. Even on a purely theorycrafting level I find this question interesting.

Last edited by amasokin on Jan 14, 2017, 10:31:04 PM
"
amasokin wrote:
already levelled several Templars and I want to mix it up a bit

I would probably go with duelist / guardian and go for resolute technique non crit build. No need to even worry about it until you have all the non-crit/non-accuracy nodes I take. Not sure how I feel about relying on that 8 block that you only get after you take a hit though. Optional. After all you do get other benefits from the block nodes.

Basic tree with ascendancy

Gear... same as my budget setup except you get the most damage on the amulet slot as you can, boots would be resists, armour, movement speed rare, romira's would be a rare with physical damage roll instead, and forget the unique jewel (and don't spend two points ever for a jewel socket, of course).
Last edited by Sovyn on Jan 15, 2017, 4:27:39 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info