[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
Sovyn wrote:
"
crushak wrote:
Could you have a look at my gear and maybe suggest what I should focus on upgrading first?

Boots, helmet, ring, gloves, replace with stuff with life on it.

You are using ice crash with faster attacks and no leech so I can see why you had mana problems, pretty much the worst case there.

Might want to consider enfeeble over warlord's mark.

Also consider damage flasks like atziri's promise (good for chaos resist too) and lion's roar (knockback is a nice combo with blade flurry especially).

Generally you'll do better with a ranged skill in hardcore too, so switch to blade flurry IMO.

I should've listened and upgraded my gear/skills right away. I just got 1 shot by a chaos explosion on a tier 1 map lol....RIP :D

I am loving this build so far, its so cool,thanks for sharing it.
Do you have any tips for upgrading my gear further? (i know my body armor lacks armor but it was the best one i got from crafting)
"
dimgog1992 wrote:
I am loving this build so far, its so cool,thanks for sharing it.
Do you have any tips for upgrading my gear further? (i know my body armor lacks armor but it was the best one i got from crafting)

There is room for upgrading on helm, gloves, but not cheap at that point. I don't know if you are capped on block, I needed a 4% stone of lazhwar for premium setup, so there's that. An aegis with spell block corruption perhaps (that one requires just waiting and checking poe.trade every day or two). Useful lab enchant on helm as a long term goal (I don't have that myself). Second long term goal would be a rare weapon better than Bino's.
Please critique my attempt at your build. I've tried to match your Premium setup pretty closely but my DPS is only 9K in combat with all buffs and flasks which is about 6K less than your example. WED on belt looks like the main difference but it doesn't account for such a disparity.

Passive skill tree build
Last edited by tainium on Jan 9, 2017, 6:39:24 PM
"
tainium wrote:
Please critique my attempt at your build. I've tried to match your Premium setup pretty closely but my DPS is only 9K in combat with all buffs and flasks which is about 6K less than your example.

There are a bunch of little things I saw, but the big one is swap inc. AOE for phys to light. The screen shot at 15K-ish is with phys to light.
"
Sovyn wrote:
... the big one is swap inc. AOE for phys to light. The screen shot at 15K-ish is with phys to light.
Ah. I prefer to play with AOE because clearing is so much nicer that way. I suppose I could swap for bosses. Still, Blade Flurry just feels OK in this configuration. Would be nice to add some more DPS.

This is easily the tankiest character I've tried despite only 4.7k life!
Last edited by tainium on Jan 9, 2017, 8:57:30 PM
"
tainium wrote:
"
Sovyn wrote:
... the big one is swap inc. AOE for phys to light. The screen shot at 15K-ish is with phys to light.
Ah. I prefer to play with AOE because clearing is so much nicer that way. I suppose I could swap for bosses. Still, Blade Flurry just feels OK in this configuration. Would be nice to add some more DPS.

This is easily the tankiest character I've tried despite only 4.7k life!

I once tried an effective life pool calculator and 75 block is equivalent to around 35K life in most situations. Not all, obviously, but no defense is perfect.

I often have inc. AOE equipped when clearing, stuff dies fast enough.

You could upgrade gloves, rare ring, get the two 10/3 nodes near retaliation instead of the 40 defenses next level, the belt you mentioned is small difference. Of course, you lose other benefits that you could have to get the dps. Finish leveling/20 quality support gems. Quality on lion's roar. I would get something else for boot enchant, if you want, some of them add some dps.

Hi,
Thanks for this build. It´s the first time I played more then just Act 3 merc. I´m lvl 86 right now and doing Tier10 maps. No Problem with the maps, but yesterday I tried the breachlords and died a lot ^^. Can you look at my char (Trump_Junior) and give me some advice?

4.5k HP
150 ES
65% block
31% Spell block (not sure)
32% cc with icc gem
around 9k dmg with all flasks up.
Haven´t done uber lab yet.

Thank you.
"
baran90 wrote:
Hi,
Thanks for this build. It´s the first time I played more then just Act 3 merc. I´m lvl 86 right now and doing Tier10 maps. No Problem with the maps, but yesterday I tried the breachlords and died a lot ^^. Can you look at my char (Trump_Junior) and give me some advice?

4.5k HP
150 ES
65% block
31% Spell block (not sure)
32% cc with icc gem
around 9k dmg with all flasks up.
Haven´t done uber lab yet.

Thank you.

- Wasted two points near fencing, get amplify instead

You could do more damage with a romira's banquet

You could have more spell block with a stone of lazhwar. Optional but helpful for spell heavy bosses

Your block seems low all around going from above (I didn't add up your gear myself), try copying my budget setup on the first page and see what you think.
I've gone ahead and snagged your build guide for the new builds list. I hope that this is alright, but if you wish it to be removed, please contact me.

Cheers

p.s. I've always loved your build guides, it's an honor to host a list with it. ♥
Hot Flashes: poeurl.com/bPZT
Balance: poeurl.com/btzp
Shocking EleHit: poeurl.com/bZXo

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info