[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

Hey I'm just wondering if this build is guardians/shaper friendly. I'm guessing it is but just wondering.

Also what do you think of the shield The Surrender? Seems like a great shield for the build.

Great guide btw! Followed it for awhile a few different times, just got back into poe again.
"
Tunakiid wrote:
Hey I'm just wondering if this build is guardians/shaper friendly. I'm guessing it is but just wondering.

Also what do you think of the shield The Surrender? Seems like a great shield for the build.

Great guide btw! Followed it for awhile a few different times, just got back into poe again.

The guardians shouldn't be a problem. I haven't tried shaper yet, been very, very lazy about getting 97 so I don't want to try anything even a little bit risky right now.

The surrender was too expensive last I checked, like 10x the cost of an aegis and approximately equivalent.
First of all, thanks a lot for this amazing build and guide. With the help of this guide I made it to merc the first time ever. I usually died around the start of cruel :D

Iam now Level 71, currently at the beginning of Act 4 in merc.

I think iam doing fine for now, but the only problem I have is mana if I do not run Clarity aura (And therfor can't use hatred, which costs a lot of damage)

Here is my character page:
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Crushak/characters

Could you or someone else with experience have a look at my gear/build/stats and let me know what/how to improve in order to be able to start doing maps? (So far I haven't tried any)

Thanks a lot in advance guys!

Cheers,
crushak
Last edited by crushak on Jan 5, 2017, 11:00:20 PM
"
crushak wrote:
I think iam doing fine for now, but the only problem I have is mana if I do not run Clarity aura (And therfor can't use hatred, which costs a lot of damage)

Your character tab is private, but if you are having mana problems, consider something with mana leech on it. You can use slitherpinch, wurm's molt, a rare ring with mana leech, or Romira's Banquet (what I use), a skill tree jewel with mana leech. All of those leech from physical damage only, so depending what attack skill and supports you are using, if most of the damage is elemental or you are not doing much damage (typical problem if haven't upgraded your weapon in forever or wrong weapon choice), it may not be enough to only have physical leech. In that case, either fix the core problem, or get the mana leech node listed on the first page in the optional skill tree choices section, that will solve it for sure.
One question: Why bino's in the expensive gear setup? I have more tooltip dps with scaeva out of the budget setup. (5% difference)
How does he make use of the damage over time/poison effect?

e: found the answers a few pages back :)
Last edited by tarpan on Jan 6, 2017, 3:00:40 PM
Ok,

So I played this in BHC until 90. Was doing Atziri, lagged and a few seconds later...ah well.

Here are some of my observations.

I found I was pretty comfortable in the budget BoR setup until around tier 9 maps. After that I found the lack of a CWDT defense arrangement and overall EHP to feel squishy and a bit unsafe. I had around 4.5k health before I swapped into a setup similar to the expensive one listed. Going to the expensive setup cost me around 250c on BHC. It would be quite a bit less on BSC since I paid 125c for an Aegis and they're around 5c on BSC. Moving to this setup gave me 4.4kHP and 1.05kES at level 90. I had roughly 10k armor with lions roar up which means I got just under 200ES per block. My damage was 4.45k tool tip at 4.8 APS with just auras and nothing else running.

Some things I've noticed:

- Lion's roar is awesome for this build and you should get one. It's very easy to have it working 90% of the time. It's actually very easy to have Lion and Atziri Promise up nearly all the time.

- A weapon with faster APS makes life much better. Without blood rage running, slow weapons like Scaeva feel very clunky. They build Blade Flurry charges very slowly and they effect your shield charge speed dramatically. I found weapons in the 1.6-1.7 APS felt much better overall. They also allow you to remove the faster attacks gem once you get to around 4.7-4.8 APS on Blade Flurry.

I ended up with a claw that was around 280 PDPS, 8 crit and 1.69APS (IIRC). Cost me 30c on BHC so it should be much cheaper on regular. I tried Bino's but it felt almost as clunky as Scaeva. You can fly around with a fast attack speed weapon but it feels like you limp around with those two. If you finish your ascendancy and get all the faster attack passives you could probably drop the speed down a bit.

- Increased critical support gave me the exact same tool DPS as physical to lightning. At gem level 18 they were 2 dps apart on the tool tip. Running ice golem, I had 45.14% crit with a 19/0 gem. It has better synergy with the build and it doesn't have the reflect draw back.

"
kan333 wrote:

- Increased critical support gave me the exact same tool DPS as physical to lightning. At gem level 18 they were 2 dps apart on the tool tip. Running ice golem, I had 45.14% crit with a 19/0 gem. It has better synergy with the build and it doesn't have the reflect draw back.

Sorry to hear of the lag, happens to the best of us.

While I have mentioned the crit support from the start in my blade flurry section, I haven't tested it much myself, so feedback appreciated.

Edit, I noticed that you don't use weapon elemental damage support, in order to get the most out of physical to lightning, it synergizes with WED; so it should pull ahead on your tooltip damage with that combo.
Last edited by Sovyn on Jan 6, 2017, 8:54:18 PM
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
kan333 wrote:

Sorry to hear of the lag, happens to the best of us.

While I have mentioned the crit support from the start in my blade flurry section, I haven't tested it much myself, so feedback appreciated.

Edit, I noticed that you don't use weapon elemental damage support, in order to get the most out of physical to lightning, it synergizes with WED; so it should pull ahead on your tooltip damage with that combo.

Just checked and swapping add fire for wed on phys lightning pushes tool dip up another 650dps or roughly 15% more.
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
crushak wrote:

Your character tab is private, but if you are having mana problems, consider something with mana leech on it. You can use slitherpinch, wurm's molt, a rare ring with mana leech, or Romira's Banquet (what I use), a skill tree jewel with mana leech. All of those leech from physical damage only, so depending what attack skill and supports you are using, if most of the damage is elemental or you are not doing much damage (typical problem if haven't upgraded your weapon in forever or wrong weapon choice), it may not be enough to only have physical leech. In that case, either fix the core problem, or get the mana leech node listed on the first page in the optional skill tree choices section, that will solve it for sure.

Thank you very much, I will consider all that. I have made my profile public now. Could you have a look at my gear and maybe suggest what I should focus on upgrading first?

"
crushak wrote:
Could you have a look at my gear and maybe suggest what I should focus on upgrading first?

Boots, helmet, ring, gloves, replace with stuff with life on it.

You are using ice crash with faster attacks and no leech so I can see why you had mana problems, pretty much the worst case there.

Might want to consider enfeeble over warlord's mark.

Also consider damage flasks like atziri's promise (good for chaos resist too) and lion's roar (knockback is a nice combo with blade flurry especially).

Generally you'll do better with a ranged skill in hardcore too, so switch to blade flurry IMO.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info