[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
lord9898 wrote:
Well I'm assuming you have 20/20 gems which is why your tooltips are so high, I'm currently not at 20/20 on any gems and have a tooltip of 65k (haven't even filled my second ring slot yet). Although I'm a bit less tanky than you are. I think when I get 20/20 gems and corrupt them I should be similar to what you are right now.

Right but you are using Abyssus, Maligaro's and Tabula together with a slightly less tanky tree than mine which is going to be a super squishy combo, unfortunately.

If you are getting 65K with just auras and nothing else though, that DPS number is not bad, but yours is presently a glass cannon build IMO.

20/20 gems do help but I'm using BoR so my MPD is 18/0 and FA is only 12/0. The example screenshots in the guide section are only attack skill gem level 13/0 but note that attack skill gem level makes only a small difference, the supports are a larger difference.
Yes, currently I have a less defensive set up because I don't have currency to get GG rares that would give me both damage and survivibility. If I could afford a 6L astral, I would. This also means maligaro's are probably better than rare gloves with AS + added phys, but I'll have to find out when I can afford it. As for BoR, I also have one (haven't tested it out yet) but the same problem applies where I don't get a chest piece anyway, so tabs is basically my place holder.

I managed to get a romiras, and have gotten close to your damage values.

http://imgur.com/JwPiqnL

My tree is almost exactly like yours. I've opted to get two wheels that benefit my varunastra for damage, went over to the ranger side for block and am currently grabbing the mace wheel for more accuracy+ele damage.

Also note how my ascendancy class isn't correct either because I still have to re-spec that. I think that with an armour based 6L plate, which I can get with div cards, my armour/defensive values will be a lot better and my dps will surpass yours as well. I don't use anvil atm, which gives me more block too.
"
lord9898 wrote:
As for BoR, I also have one (haven't tested it out yet) but the same problem applies where I don't get a chest piece anyway, so tabs is basically my place holder.

I would encourage you to try BoR. It's great, you give nothing up. The abyssus is really going to kill you fast without lightning coil + purity of lightning instead of HoA. Maybe you didn't know, but you take 40% more physical damage with the abyssus equipped. At least BoR has a chunk of life and some block. Right now you are getting no life from helm, chest and glove slots... not good.

Also, I didn't recognize some of the buff icons you had up in your screen shot. Would you mind explaining. (I'm not familiar with every unique flask, but also just curious to see if you are in a group or affected by a shrine or something at the time.)
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
lord9898 wrote:
As for BoR, I also have one (haven't tested it out yet) but the same problem applies where I don't get a chest piece anyway, so tabs is basically my place holder.

I would encourage you to try BoR. It's great, you give nothing up. The abyssus is really going to kill you fast without lightning coil + purity of lightning instead of HoA. Maybe you didn't know, but you take 40% more physical damage with the abyssus equipped. At least BoR has a chunk of life and some block. Right now you are getting no life from helm, chest and glove slots... not good.

Also, I didn't recognize some of the buff icons you had up in your screen shot. Would you mind explaining. (I'm not familiar with every unique flask, but also just curious to see if you are in a group or affected by a shrine or something at the time.)

I know what Abyssus does, it's why I have one with 40 and not 50 percent more taken. You're right that I'm lacking a bit on health, but like I said if I find a good pair of rare gloves that are better than maligaro's I'll use them, I currently don't have currency to buy a better pair of gloves.

As for BoR, I'll see what differences in damage I get and go from there. I do lose one of my 4L though and I don't think I want to lose any of my current 4L set ups. Normally when I'm running T10-T12 maps, I can whirling blades in w/ fortify buff up and 1-2 shot most packs. On rares/bosses I can pretty much whirling blades in and out of their attack animations which helps off-set the downsideof abyssus.

Using atziri's promise, I go up to 115k DPS. With adding on whatever isn't calculated, I am squishier than your build, but also deal a bit more damage and get the upside of using whirling blades and not leap slam.
Seems like Inquisitor got buffed for 2.3 - Penitence (enemies take 16% inc dmg, deal 8% less ele dmg), do you plan any changes for this build in 2.3? Thanks.
"
lakyljuk wrote:
Seems like Inquisitor got buffed for 2.3 - Penitence (enemies take 16% inc dmg, deal 8% less ele dmg), do you plan any changes for this build in 2.3? Thanks.

Shield charge is finally being changed to an AOE skill so it should be more competitive with whirling blades for applying fortify reliably. It's likely that I'll switch leap for charge.

On the ascendancy tree, I see that with the two extra points I'll probably go for Sanctify as the consecrated ground effect has been increased to 8 seconds when hit, plus the 40% increased damage has been moved onto this node. There is the life regen from consecrated ground as well. Instruments of Virtue was buffed but my current attack skill, earthquake, may not benefit in a linear way from more attack speed. It is tempting to give up Penitence and go for Pious Path for the immune to status ailments but I'm not sure on that yet.
Hello Sovyn,

I love your build and thank you again for updating it and answering people's questions.

With your build I was able to make good currency in the lab. I am now running a double leg bor with 25% static strike on it.

I love the helm, love the dps, was able to get better gear, jewel etc.

But now I need a little help because I was lucky chaos spamming on a nice enchant I got...

So now I got to try with this helm.

Removing bor but adding 3% on gloves, I am 3% short. Should I go with 2 perfect reckless or put 1% on the other 2 jewel for 74% and accept that compromise? Is my math right? Seems I can add more block unless i make huge change.

Man that enchant is almost like being 7 linked. I wanna try this asap.

"
Vapala wrote:
Hello Sovyn,

I love your build and thank you again for updating it and answering people's questions.

With your build I was able to make good currency in the lab. I am now running a double leg bor with 25% static strike on it.

I love the helm, love the dps, was able to get better gear, jewel etc.

But now I need a little help because I was lucky chaos spamming on a nice enchant I got...

So now I got to try with this helm.

Removing bor but adding 3% on gloves, I am 3% short. Should I go with 2 perfect reckless or put 1% on the other 2 jewel for 74% and accept that compromise? Is my math right? Seems I can add more block unless i make huge change.

Man that enchant is almost like being 7 linked. I wanna try this asap.

Vapala, The helm enchant is great but it's too bad it's not on a BoR. Without the BoR you may lose a portion of your damage. The 20-30 physical on BoR is very nice. I don't know if you have a 6-link chest or not, which would be important with that helm but it's a lot more expensive than a BoR which cost as little as 3 chaos. With a 6-link chest and all 20/20 gems you might pull ahead of a BoR a little bit but it's going to be pretty close.

The only way to test which is better is to run stopwatch timed runs with both (at least 4 runs each) on something like Gorge which is usually about the same map every time. You average the run times for each configuration in order to choose a winner.

As to block, a regular BoR has 6 block which you can make up with some combination of a better corruption on stone of lazwar, up to 4, Reckless Defense jewel (up to 4) x2 if necessary or 1 block x2 on two rare jewels, and 2 block rare gloves (Haku). Plenty of options.
Are you saying I would lose dps from a regular bor? I have a double legacy one with static strike 25%...

But I felt I could get even more dps from a 6 link chest since the helm enchant add tons of dps. Almost feels like 7 links. Plus the 4 added gems gives great flexibility.

It would also give more room to get resist where I cannot get dps (helm and chest). Getting resist on belt/ring/glove + some dps and life is too expensive. By getting resist on my helm and chest, I free up other slots.

Like this belt Izaro dropped:

Super expensive cus it has everything. Getting resist on my chest and helm will let me have a super ring and gloves easier and cheaper.

For block, I have the +4 lazhar and 1 reckless but still miss will 3%. I must be looking at things wrong, will have to recalculate everything

This little project will be my reward for my lab farming which was very good for me thanks to your build which made it super easy in there.

Last edited by Vapala on May 26, 2016, 10:11:36 PM
"
Vapala wrote:
Are you saying I would lose dps from a regular bor? I have a double legacy one with static strike 25%...

The six-link with all 20/20 gems should be just slightly more DPS than a cheapie, regular BoR. I've tested this in the past extensively. So the enchant would be the thing. You can use the math formula I came up with for earthquake in the guide to see what your effective DPS would be with and without this enchant. As this is a max block build I went for BoR as the 6 block lets me take some good damage nodes instead of the block nodes and it's a super cheap 6-link.

You can take another Reckless Defense if you need to with your setup.

By the way, it's not expensive to max resists with BoR, you just get high resist jewels for 10 chaos apiece or something. Two of those is like 100 points of resist. If it's the right ones, there you go.

Nice belt by the way, armour is all it's missing.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info