[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
EDMOSES wrote:
Hi Sovyn and thanks a lot for the guide. I have got all your "for rich folks" gear now and was wondering if i can make it even tankier for surviving higher level maps? I'm 62 and probably a bit slow to react so i need all the help i can get. Only criticism i have with my char stats is Chaos res is -40% and i can't seem to improve that. Char lvl is 89 and i'm having trouble getting to 90
Was toying with the idea of using arctic armor instead of hatred but i'm not sure if that would help or even what would be the best way to apply it?
I play solo mostly and any ideas will be greatly appreciated. Tried Atziri but didn't even get to her.
I do realize that melee characters are always going to have trouble with some bosses but getting 1 hit becomes annoying.Thanks again.

Daryl.

Hi Daryl, For chaos resist you use Atziri's Promise flask. We take the best chaos resist nodes on the tree so it's certainly not an issue with the build itself. Also, most chaos damage can be avoided by simply skipping the content. The Atziri's Promise flask is usually enough though. Just have to time it right and have enough DPS to win.

At some point like with arctic armour vs hatred, you start actually losing more because you need offense to win. The faster the enemy goes away, the safer you are. Hatred is worth a lot of offense, so it's the best option.

Don't worry about Atziri. It's meant to be hard. Not everyone can do her, because no matter what build you use, there is a specific sequence of flask uses and manual movements required to win. For example, staunching flasks on the trio, a certain sequence to kill them, and minding the floor effects. On Atziri herself, moving out of the flame blast circles in time and re-engaging quickly. You can practice leap slam a lot with the shift key in your hideout to perfect this move. This specific boss may be a little bit harder with a melee build the first few times, but any player that has killed her a lot can do it just as easily with melee or ranged build.
"
You're welcome!

Bringer of Rain is a cheap item now days which is great for us.

You can quip a body armour before you equip the bringer of rain. A 6 socket (not 6-link) chain mail of the same graphic as the one I have in my current gear section will give you the best appearance. You can socket 6 gems to level up in there. They will still level up even though the body armour itself won't count toward your stats. If nothing else it's a way to get a little extra currency by selling the leveled gems.

I changed the gems and got the bringer of rain. My res went down and I was low on mana reg so I got the ring you suggested and another one with res. Overall my res dropped a little but boy oh boy did my damage went up!! I can clear maps faster and the res that I lost doesn't seem to make much difference!

Should my next step be changing my belt and boots? I still have low chaos res so I'm a bit afraid to use the boots you have atm instead of mine.
"
Kradov wrote:
I changed the gems and got the bringer of rain. My res went down and I was low on mana reg so I got the ring you suggested and another one with res. Overall my res dropped a little but boy oh boy did my damage went up!! I can clear maps faster and the res that I lost doesn't seem to make much difference!

Should my next step be changing my belt and boots? I still have low chaos res so I'm a bit afraid to use the boots you have atm instead of mine.

Kradov, you take whatever combination of skill tree jewels (good source!) and other gear that gets you to 75 each elemental resist in merciless. Life is important also. Chaos resist, I just pop the Atziri's Promise flask and kill it. Works fine, don't really need any on gear unless I'm foolish with caustic clouds strongbox or something.
Am trying a belly of the beast 6 link and a 4 link helm. Running your recommended static strike build and support. In the helm i am trying CWDT LVL 1, poacher's mark LVL 5 and an increased duration LVL 4, and have a blue socket left which i can't find a use for or could change it to whatever if you can think of something good? Is this viable?
Obviously lost some block, down to 63% and 59% on spells so maybe shooting myself in the foot?
Thanks again.
"
EDMOSES wrote:
Am trying a belly of the beast 6 link and a 4 link helm. Running your recommended static strike build and support. In the helm i am trying CWDT LVL 1, poacher's mark LVL 5 and an increased duration LVL 4, and have a blue socket left which i can't find a use for or could change it to whatever if you can think of something good? Is this viable?
Obviously lost some block, down to 63% and 59% on spells so maybe shooting myself in the foot?
Thanks again.

Tempest Shield is what I suggest for the blue slot on CWDT. The curse won't go off nearly as much as my recommended curse on hit setup but it does work sometimes. By the way, if you use increased duration with CWDT you can level the increased duration gem to 20 as it supports the linked duration skills.

63 block is all right but I would probably try to get a bit more.
Hi, I swapped gems, so HoA, Hatred and Riposte are now in Doryani Sceptre, so HoA is now supported by lvl 20 Elemental Proliferation. I tested it for a while and cannot say, if it is better. Using with EQ in BoR. I have feeling mobs die from EQ hit and there is nothing left for proliferation :)
"
lakyljuk wrote:
Hi, I swapped gems, so HoA, Hatred and Riposte are now in Doryani Sceptre, so HoA is now supported by lvl 20 Elemental Proliferation. I tested it for a while and cannot say, if it is better. Using with EQ in BoR. I have feeling mobs die from EQ hit and there is nothing left for proliferation :)

It is very hard to notice any difference with or without the proliferation support on HoA. The extra mana reserved might be noticed more, in certain map mods and chaining leap. You can always use a mana flask though, if necessary.
Hey, I'm thinking of making this build for one of my characters rotating to standard, where I'll have a varunastra. Have you thought about using this sword at all in any of your iterations for the build? The dext requirement is pretty easy to achieve and I've made a tree very very similar to yours, only difference is getting nodes that heavily benefit varunastra double/triple dipping.

http://poedb.tw/us/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAUBAADuApYEhwSzBS0GOQhJCTMLYQz3Dc0TzBQgFSAWbxm0Gj4abBzOJJskqipNK1As6S2DL8wyTjWSNuk8BTwtPQ89Pj8nQKBBdENjQ8hFR0a3R35KyE8ET_NQR1FgVuhfP2LsZU1nm2jyaf5uqnFNcql07XYreTl6737igIqDX4PMhNmE74azj5mSbpJ9mG-az5x7n4KiAKmVrK-uPq9sr6ey3LUEtfK2irc-vFa9Nr6nwGbAv8GCxPbGrtE20nzTb9i92sHcI9xz3Q3gleIs42rkIuRR5c_p1ezL7WHvDu988B_yL_MG9zL3Tfuq_gr-VA==

I don't know what the damage of this would be, but I'm optimistic that it would be similar, or even higher, than what you have because of getting some nodes as a "3 for 1" or "2 for 1".
"
lord9898 wrote:
Hey, I'm thinking of making this build for one of my characters rotating to standard, where I'll have a varunastra. Have you thought about using this sword at all in any of your iterations for the build? The dext requirement is pretty easy to achieve and I've made a tree very very similar to yours, only difference is getting nodes that heavily benefit varunastra double/triple dipping.

I don't know what the damage of this would be, but I'm optimistic that it would be similar, or even higher, than what you have because of getting some nodes as a "3 for 1" or "2 for 1".

Well friend, I have considered that sword. However, it is much more expensive than doryani's and I'm skeptical that the DPS would be that much more.

Consider that doryani's has 300 pdps, crit chance, and inc. elemental damage, vs. varunastra at only 275 pdps and not much else.

On your suggested tree, I probably would save two skill points by armour nodes at the start. The two strength nodes are my choice as the extra 2 skill points are valuable elsewhere. I also see you are not making it over the the ranger area, that is worth a lot of block and a ton of DPS, so again, all things considered I doubt your build would offer more DPS unfortunately. Try it and see! I'm always willing to be wrong and learn something.
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
lord9898 wrote:

Well friend, I have considered that sword. However, it is much more expensive than doryani's and I'm skeptical that the DPS would be that much more.

Consider that doryani's has 300 pdps, crit chance, and inc. elemental damage, vs. varunastra at only 275 pdps and not much else.

On your suggested tree, I probably would save two skill points by armour nodes at the start. The two strength nodes are my choice as the extra 2 skill points are valuable elsewhere. I also see you are not making it over the the ranger area, that is worth a lot of block and a ton of DPS, so again, all things considered I doubt your build would offer more DPS unfortunately. Try it and see! I'm always willing to be wrong and learn something.

Well I'm assuming you have 20/20 gems which is why your tooltips are so high, I'm currently not at 20/20 on any gems and have a tooltip of 65k (haven't even filled my second ring slot yet). Although I'm a bit less tanky than you are. I think when I get 20/20 gems and corrupt them I should be similar to what you are right now. Also don't have flask/blood rage or power charges yet.

if not, I do have a catalyst on standard which I'm going to swap and then maybe I can finally attempt an atziri run.
Last edited by lord9898 on May 23, 2016, 7:42:56 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info