[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

Ah, yep. I missed the romiras leech last night when I was tired and didn't remember to include that as a priority item. I'll get that and a nice two stone to fill the resistance gap that romiras creates and should be good. I've been using a ring/amulet setup with Phys on them for so long now that I don't think I can live without it... Scales so well with the build. As always thanks for the replies, and I'll post gear for critique after I get those last couple items sorted out.
"Accountability is the perfect counter-weight to ambition." -Dominus, High Templar
Last edited by Khavali on May 28, 2016, 2:04:18 PM
Today's Update

Updated my personal screen shots section to reflect the new data for earthquake rather than static strike.

"
Peak Calculated Total DPS 117,170 (includes aftershocks not shown on tooltip + Amplify) and 175,755 DPS to shocked enemies.

My best math attempt.
"
LordAdagio, I'm glad your weapon choice is a positive one. That's a surprise that you are out-damaging doryani's. Do you have a high roll doryani's over 300 pdps? I compared doryani's favorably with a 380 pdps rare. It must be the higher crit chance that is making the difference for you.

Well, my Doryani has exactly 300 pdps, but also a rather low +elemental roll, +83%, which for me is worth approximately +13% damage. On the other hand 340 dps for the rare sceptre vs 300 dps for Doryani, means +13% dmg as well. So the +5% comes for the crit, yes.

But you seem to be right for the 380 dps treshold. The max +elem is +100% and is worth +18% dmg, according to my calculations. The max pdps of Doryani is around 320 pdps, so to beat it you need to have 320x1.18 = 377.6 pdps.

EDIT: plus, I've forgotten the flat +phys on BoR (or other) which favours Doryani. Same for +flat elemental, but this should be relatively marginal.

"
However, one issue with your math is that I have 24-34% variable chance to crit with romira's, not 23% as you are using in your math.

I was comparing with Doryani without charges, since I don't want to use Romira's anyway. And generating charges with the trigger and Pcoc, that I've tested, it doesnt worth it I think. The base crit is too low.

"
My 69.5K is fully buffed peak tooltip DPS number with 3 power charges, 3 frenzy charges, blood rage, atziri's promise, and ice golem.

Damn, I had completely missed Blood Dance, from the start! Actually I have never used it, was always thinking that the degen was too hard to counter. But in fact, your tree has +5% regen per sec, so it works just fine. Well I guess I need to find a place for Blood rage now... Anyway thanks, you just made me won +15% dps!

Last edited by LordAdagio on May 29, 2016, 10:57:41 AM
"
LordAdagio wrote:
I was comparing with Doryani without charges, since I don't want to use Romira's anyway. And generating charges with the trigger and Pcoc, that I've tested, it doesnt worth it I think. The base crit is too low.

Romira's is worth it because it has crit chance, it has a large amount of accuracy, it has crit multiplier, it has the necessary mana leech, it makes me crit more often overall with the power charges, and it's very cheap. No other ring in that slot would add more DPS. I still easily max my resists with the right jewels and the 6 points from the ascendancy tree. My belt and gloves only have one resist apiece, that's not expensive or difficult. Just making the case for what I chose. Might not be the only way to win.
Here's where I'm at currently on gear. Having an issue equipping my Stone of Lazhwar due to cold resist, mainly because I used up my currency on a few of the other items and just need to save up for some better rare jewels to offset it. Obviously that's a pretty enabling item, and annoyingly, until I get it taken care of I'm sitting at 73% block and 18% spell block. Still not too shabby overall and I'm feeling much more capable after the BoR swap (up to 37,450 tooltip with all charges and Bloodrage up at level 82).

I suppose my ultimate end-game goal is probably to craft/buy a 6L Saintly mail, stack armor/es on my other gear, drop the BoR, and swap to my Aegis...but that's super long-term since it requires some ridiculous rares to overshadow the BoR setup.
"Accountability is the perfect counter-weight to ambition." -Dominus, High Templar
Last edited by Khavali on May 30, 2016, 1:30:17 AM
I cannot bring myself to read through 557 pages of entries to see if this is explained already, but: how are you using chest armor with Bringer of Rain?
"
SonOfSmak wrote:
I cannot bring myself to read through 557 pages of entries to see if this is explained already, but: how are you using chest armor with Bringer of Rain?

You can have some armor equipped, but it is not used. You can level some gems in armor, but they cannot be used too. It works just like cosmetics, so your templar is not naked :)
"
Khavali wrote:
Here's where I'm at currently on gear.

Khavali, you seriously need some new gloves.

here's a list of gloves for sale at 1-2 chaos that are better than yours: http://poe.trade/search/ukonahowaroona

You can watch that for a few days and pick one that has physical damage or attack speed.

"
lakyljuk wrote:
It works just like cosmetics, so your templar is not naked :)

Yes, pants! The chainmail with the graphic I have on provides much better appearance to the Templar. Just equip it before the BoR and enjoy leveling up to 6 extra gems for other characters or for trade.

Edit, also, you can use it to level a second set of CWDT gems for the quality recipe.
Last edited by Sovyn on May 30, 2016, 1:53:21 PM
Hi Sovyn,

I've been following your post for some time, although this is the first time I've made a forum post, my Templar (now inquisitor) is by far my highest level account and I have just recently started mapping. I'm looking for what to focus on for improvements to my build/gear. I'm following your passive tree, and am just now heading for galvanic hammer. Just finished unlocking my ascendancy points so that was a nice free buff, now I'm going to try to get a decent helm enchant, (side question, does item level limit the enchants available or is it just the difficulty you are on). Current gear - (keep in mind i'm not quite rich lol, also I have a couple of gcp's ... was gonna use them on the vendor recipe for 20 quality ... any suggestions on which skills would benefit the most) As a side note, I know my CWDT is too high, I accidently leveled it to 4 without realizing it but 4 isn't too high where i'm noticing it still procs quite often.

Capped for Fire and Lighting, at 65% for Cold, and -54% for chaos.

Currently at 61% block, 64 with tempest.

My current Jewels I'm using (self found)

There is another jewel slot 2 passive points away that i'm sure i'll pick up eventually too.

Last edited by vladimars on Jun 1, 2016, 12:11:28 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info