[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
Sovyn wrote:
"
Deeflowz wrote:
I have kinda same gear .. But my numbers are no where near that .. First of all my EQ is 9k dps tooltip and I end up with 3k armour and 3k hp .. Getting one shotted on t6 maps ...

Taking a quick look at your gear, you may want to consider added fire instead of weapon elemental if you stick with concentrated effect for the blue socket. Or you can leave WED there and swap the blue gem to phys to light for larger AOE and slightly faster trash clearing.

Also, shield charge is what I use now for movement, and put Fortify support on it. You'll get in a rhythm with it and have Fortify up all the time which will be very helpful for you.

Can't use blood rage with aegis, unfortunately, that is mentioned in the guide. You can use molten shell instead but it will cost you some DPS.

I noticed there isn't any damage on one ring, gloves or belt, these are easy places to see gains. I'd recommend a Romira's Banquet for one ring, they are cheap and best damage for slot. Carrion Circle is OK, replace Damnation Grasp, it's not helping you any.

It's possible your skill tree and/or ascendancy tree does not exactly match the guide as well, I'd be sure to double check that!

Passives are all the same .. I made sure 3 times before the apply ... But I have no idea how to fix the 3k armour ... Should I go Lioneyes Remorse instead of Aegis ? Or .. Idk .. I tried a marauder jugg and I had 50k armour buffed 29k non-buffed with 6k hp .. But it was kinda lacking dmg but still immortal well ofc need to kite some bosses but still .. So all help is nice how to fix it!

replaced one ring and the belt
Last edited by Deeflowz on Jun 6, 2016, 3:49:08 PM
"
Deeflowz wrote:
Passives are all the same .. I made sure 3 times before the apply ... But I have no idea how to fix the 3k armour ... Should I go Lioneyes Remorse instead of Aegis ? Or .. Idk .. I tried a marauder jugg and I had 50k armour buffed 29k non-buffed with 6k hp .. But it was kinda lacking dmg but still immortal well ofc need to kite some bosses but still .. So all help is nice how to fix it

Armour is only all right for small-ish physical hits as there are diminishing returns the bigger the incoming hit, this build protects against all kinds of damage (spells, elemental hits, 100% mitigation on physical hits of any size 75% of the time, etc), with max block your effective life is huge, like 35K life if I recall correctly. Of course that's only if you don't get one-shot. One-shots can always be avoided with correct tactics though. You should try to get that life up some, at least 4K.

Don't forget to get some good flasks, at least atziri's promise (super cheap, less than 1 chaos) maybe try lion's roar too (a little more expensive).

I'd switch to lioneye's probably as you can then use blood rage properly and a nice damage boost and a lot more armour (yeah it's good to have a little) and some life. Up to you. I don't use aegis and I don't have to flask much except on atziri and I don't think aegis would make any difference there. I leech and regen quite a bit during normal mapping. Again, use that atziri's promise flask.

You are headed in the right direction with those upgrades.
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
Deeflowz wrote:
Passives are all the same .. I made sure 3 times before the apply ... But I have no idea how to fix the 3k armour ... Should I go Lioneyes Remorse instead of Aegis ? Or .. Idk .. I tried a marauder jugg and I had 50k armour buffed 29k non-buffed with 6k hp .. But it was kinda lacking dmg but still immortal well ofc need to kite some bosses but still .. So all help is nice how to fix it

Armour is only all right for small-ish physical hits as there are diminishing returns the bigger the incoming hit, this build protects against all kinds of damage (spells, elemental hits, 100% mitigation on physical hits of any size 75% of the time, etc), with max block your effective life is huge, like 35K life if I recall correctly. Of course that's only if you don't get one-shot. One-shots can always be avoided with correct tactics though. You should try to get that life up some, at least 4K.

Don't forget to get some good flasks, at least atziri's promise (super cheap, less than 1 chaos) maybe try lion's roar too (a little more expensive).

I'd switch to lioneye's probably as you can then use blood rage properly and a nice damage boost and a lot more armour (yeah it's good to have a little) and some life. Up to you. I don't use aegis and I don't have to flask much except on atziri and I don't think aegis would make any difference there. I leech and regen quite a bit during normal mapping. Again, use that atziri's promise flask.

You are headed in the right direction with those upgrades.

my flasks atm subbed
for Rumis

Last edit : Fuck that , I went back to my marauder .. At least now I can go afk at t10 maps eat go back and still be at 100% hp ... gl with the build
Last edited by Deeflowz on Jun 7, 2016, 9:46:53 PM
I love this build, and I'm applying the core concept to a Chieftan using Molten Strike. Is there an immediate, glaring reason why the Inquisitor would outperform the Cheiftan that I might be missing? Or could Marauder be at least comparable? Basically, before I get too far into this character, I want to make sure it's not a waste of time because I derped in my theorycraft :)
Look, man. Video games are hard, okay?
"
Peace_Frog wrote:
I love this build, and I'm applying the core concept to a Chieftan using Molten Strike. Is there an immediate, glaring reason why the Inquisitor would outperform the Cheiftan that I might be missing? Or could Marauder be at least comparable? Basically, before I get too far into this character, I want to make sure it's not a waste of time because I derped in my theorycraft :)

It will still kill monsters just fine. The build worked just fine before Ascendancy. It just won't be quite as fast as Inquisitor (I'm owning now... need to make new videos someday).
"
Sovyn wrote:

It will still kill monsters just fine. The build worked just fine before Ascendancy. It just won't be quite as fast as Inquisitor (I'm owning now... need to make new videos someday).

Sovyn, would you reccomend going to Earthquake over Static Strike for overall high level mapping and faster clear speeds?
"
Kojack37 wrote:
Sovyn, would you reccomend going to Earthquake over Static Strike for overall high level mapping and faster clear speeds?

Yes, I think so, that's why I switched. Static kills the boss several seconds faster but you shave off a full minute from the entire map with earthquake. That's because you don't have to move around as much as earthquake is a ground targeted skill with a good sized AOE. With the new shield charge the difference may be smaller, all my data is from 2.2.
This is probably my favourite chill build to play while watching streams etc. It might not clear maps as fast as some of my other characters but they are all so squishy in comparison that I can't really just chill out with a stream. Maps with chilling patches are annoying though.

This is my gear so far on standard.
Last edited by TheRealRyven on Jun 13, 2016, 11:32:35 PM
This is a really fun build. Once CWDT was acquired, it really came into its own. Thanks for putting so much work into this awesome guide.
"
This is probably my favourite chill build to play while watching streams etc. It might not clear maps as fast as some of my other characters but they are all so squishy in comparison that I can't really just chill out with a stream. Maps with chilling patches are a

Once you get some damage on your gloves, ring and a few more levels you can do sub 4 minute T9 gorge maps which is respectable for a sub 10 ex build that can also do any boss.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info